• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

^ It's a prescription medication in some parts of the world. I would say it depends on whether or not if you want to call it an RC if you have a mystery powder or a handful of 1mg x10 blister packs. If it is the later then I would call it an uncontrolled medication depending upon your country.

Of course it could be hazardous and carries the same danger that any other benzo like drug does when combined with other CNS depressants.

hey guys I've been self-medicating (for social anxiety) on etizolam for a few months now...usually 2-3mg a day for 3 or 4 days during the week...I've been able to keep my use under control and all so I'm happy with that.

I've noticed that [probably due to a number of factors like working out for the last 12 months, getting a closer friendship circle, getting a job where I have to deal with people on a regular basis, and just generally spending less time alone indoors) my social anxiety, which I've had for 6 or 7 years (I'm 19 now) and which seemed to be getting worse every year is now improving.

I definitely still suffer from social anxiety, but it's gone from like a 9/10 (literally being afraid to leave the house) to a 6/10 (anxious about meeting new people/people I don't know too well and doing new things, but less anxious about everyday stuff). I'm still self-medicating with etizolam, but what I want to know is (assuming I keep progressing) when should I decide to stop?

Do people without social anxiety still get much of an effect off 2mg? Like, as I get rid of the SA, will the etizolam affect me less? Will that be a way to tell me that I don't need it anymore? I'm just curious as to how someone goes about knowing when to stop self-medicating for social anxiety.

also whats all this talk I hear about etizolam being made illegal in the near future? is it just speculation at this stage? is there a chance it stays legal?

there IS a next-day hangover of sorts with etizolam..it isnt as pronounced as valium but it does exist..i have noticed if i take etizolam late at night, the next morning i am foggy and takes me several hours to get with it..this is a big drawback for all benzos and its something i havent been able to get by...

Anyone ever tried railing things? Ot know the nasal BA?
I've never tried because they are so tiny. And worried my nostrils will stain blue lol.

Just for the hell of it I've insufflated a few etilaam M.D.s and didn't feel much. I think these are the same as regular benzos in that oral and sublingual dosing are the only ones worth while.

there IS a next-day hangover of sorts with etizolam..it isnt as pronounced as valium but it does exist..i have noticed if i take etizolam late at night, the next morning i am foggy and takes me several hours to get with it..this is a big drawback for all benzos and its something i havent been able to get by...

Hmmm, ive never noticed a hangover from etiz. What sort of dose do you use? I use 2-3mg around 10-11pm with mirtazapine and ive never felt the benzo hangover from it.
All other benzos (including zopiclone) give me that 'foggy' feeling in the morn.
Etizolam just has that very clean feeling, euphoric buzz without the benzo doppiness.

I'm excited to try Etizolam. I have been dealing with Insomnia and anxiety and need some relief. My tolerance is low because I haven't taken any benzos. I have been exercising and eating healthy to make my self feel better. Phenibut and Kava is all I have had access to lately and they suck.

I have a couple questions for anyone that has a somewhat normal tolerance.

How long do the effects last? If taken at night to go to sleep, will it allow you to sleep through the night. Or do you wake up when it wears off?

If it feels like a euphoric benzo buzz then I cant wait.

^Etizolam has a half life of 8 hours if I'm not mistaken, I have a tolerance and 4mgs taken late at night keeps me asleep until morning. If you find yourself waking up in the middle of the night you could try taking 200-400mgs of tagament about an hour before you take your etiz, this will increase the half life making the effects last longer. I strongly suggest that you dose no more than 3 times a week if at all possible. I also started using etiz to combat insomnia and before I knew it I was taking 4mgs at night as well as 3mgs in the afternoon. Being dependent on this type of drug is not fun.

Last edited:
@oh ROXIanne
As far as i knowetizolam has a halflife of about 3hrs and its metabolite has halflife of 8hrs but is of roughly equal potency. To the user though i dont think it really makes a difference, it all adds up to a good nights sleep!lol

@opanaking
With your stated history of enjoying benzo use you should really ejoy these little blue wonders. I dislike alot of benzos (esspecially diazepam) but etiz went way beyond any expectations and easily ranks up in my top 5 most fun drugs. Ot just seems to adapt to any situation i demand of it.
Got a few important meetings/appointments to attend and need your anxiety damping down? No problem! 0.5-1mg and you will breeze trough without any cognitive impairment or at the end of a hard day you need to unwind and drift off to sleep? 2-3mg and your sorted.
Just be careful, those of us who suffer with anxiety issues

whats the info on the "gernics" (vendor pressed) pinks and blues that have been going around.

my tolerance keeps me from getting any type of "high" but they definitely still do the trick at .5mg

first time with a few of the pink (4mg) and some beers, had me forgetful of the night.
Which has never happened, that is a daily combo that i am tolerant to.

whats this i hear about Estazolam??

Estazolam is an intermediate-acting (10-20hr halflife) benzodiazepine derivitive.
Its prob closer chemically to alprazolam and pyrazolam being as it a 'triazolo' benzo.
With this in mind i would guess that it should be a fairly enjoyable benzo.

Just procured some Intas-MD etiz. That cherry taste and quick dissolving tablets...mmm it's cheaper than paying my shrink for my previous kpin script since I don't have insurance. I feel so late to the party....

^
Whats the dose like on the intas MD? i take the intas etilaam1 already and have wondered for a while if the MDs are as effective.

I have been taking 2-3mg's at night to sleep and relax. After trying it a couple times I can say it works good for anxiety as well. The mild effects kind of remind me of valium. There isn't that hard hitting feeling that I would get from a Xanax or Klonopin.

It reduces my anxiety a lot and makes me feel slightly uplifted. When I wake up in the morning I felt refreshed and well rested. It seems like 2mg's at a time is what I need to get the effects I want.

I also notice it kicks in quicker if chewed up and put under the tongue. I like the initial feeling. I've been sleeping great at night so I think the active metabolite has a pretty good duration of action. The effects have actually gotten better after I have taken it a few times. The first couple times I didn't even think it was that great. But then I got a great sleep and it really helped me relax.

If you want to get messed up go to the liquor store and buy some alcohol. Don't swallow tons of pills and complain because you didn't get high. This drug is amazing for Insomnia/anxiety when taken responsibly.

It also feels like there is a sweet spot with dosing. Where you'll take the perfect amount to get the effect you want. But taking more doesn't necessarily make the effects better. Basically I think this stuff works great for reducing anxiety.

It's not a party drug or something to take to get messed up.

Last edited:
sorry if this has been mentioned before - but does anybody know why etiz is not prescribed medication in many countries? i mean it seems even nicer than xanax (does not mess with deep sleep). thanks.

Its likely a number of factors but id guess the main ones are that it has weird side activity, like its serotonin releasing effects that might make it unsuitable for use with other serotonin affecting drugs like ssri's.
The biggest factor is likely to be that the pharma companies dont want to spend the money on getting it licensed in other countries when they have a number of drugs that do the same thing and already make serious money.
Medicine is very big business and subject to the same economics as any other business.

its serotonin releasing effects that might make it unsuitable for use with other serotonin affecting drugs like ssri's.

thanks for reply :) whoa, did not know it releases seretonin! :( is it in ammount that would affect the roll? cheers.

Do you mean an MDMA roll?
I know people do like etizolam for stim comedowns but i would avoid taking them at the same time.
I think etizolam has a SNRI effect like tramadol but i dont think its as bad as tramadol for SNRI effects.
Im quite sensitive the serotonergic drugs and etizolam does dilate my pupils when i take more then 2mg. Im afraid thats all i know on it. Maybe someone else with direct experience of mixing etiz and MDMA could chime in?lol

Etizolam is good benzo drug for me and many japanese patient.
Because Etizolam is not assigned psychotropic drug in Japan. Some docters recognize Etizolam ordinary skeletal muscle relaxant drug, psychotic effects are an addition.
Therefore some doctors make a lot of prescription of Etizolam. And such doctors is many.
in Japan, everyone can receive 100tablet of 1mg Etizolam easily.
So someone fall into Etizolam addiction. Etizolam cause euphoria. But It is "yellow card" for fall into addction.
benzo addiction is hard problem.
in Japan, docters make a prescription of benzo drug easily not only Etizolam, Because of that benzo abuse is becoming hard problem...