• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

Has anyone worked with a bulk powder? I have access and have been considering buying some as I don't have any access to any other sort of more well known benzo like xanax etc (I realize etizolam is technically not a benzo) for use during psychadelic trips should things get a little too crazy..

Being that doses are .5-1mg, more likely .5 in my case as Ive never used on before, and the fact that there is no way I could measure out such small doses I figured I'd make up a 'batch' of 50mg at a time, placing it in a solution and then measuring out doses volumetrically. Rather than keeping a vial of liquid I'd rather create a blotter or something of the sort that contains the predetermined amounts of the drug for use when I need, that way I don't have to measure out each time and so on. I've read about people putting it in a solution of propylene glycol which is suppsedly readily available at drug stores (not sure for what exactly) but this means that its maintained in a solution pretty much indefinitely. Would this stuff dissolve into isopropyl?

Just be careful about the powder, I took (3x) approximately 5mg alll up.

And slept all day, seated.

After going for a walk to the chemist to get my methadone.

Has anyone worked with a bulk powder? I have access and have been considering buying some as I don't have any access to any other sort of more well known benzo like xanax etc (I realize etizolam is technically not a benzo) for use during psychadelic trips should things get a little too crazy..

Being that doses are .5-1mg, more likely .5 in my case as Ive never used on before, and the fact that there is no way I could measure out such small doses I figured I'd make up a 'batch' of 50mg at a time, placing it in a solution and then measuring out doses volumetrically. Rather than keeping a vial of liquid I'd rather create a blotter or something of the sort that contains the predetermined amounts of the drug for use when I need, that way I don't have to measure out each time and so on. I've read about people putting it in a solution of propylene glycol which is suppsedly readily available at drug stores (not sure for what exactly) but this means that its maintained in a solution pretty much indefinitely. Would this stuff dissolve into isopropyl?

You can get food grade PG off popular auction sites. Etizolam doesnt disolve quite as completely as phenazepam and the solution needs to be warmed slightly to help things along.. I wouldn't make too much all at once. Say 50 mg at a time or however much you need for one week. There could be some bacterial growth if you make a huge amount and keep it for months on end.

Different question:

Does anyone know if it makes any difference whether you chew Etizolam tablets or just swallow them whole ?

if you chew em and keep em in your mouth it hits you abit faster and stronger but doesnt last as long

You can get food grade PG off popular auction sites. Etizolam doesnt disolve quite as completely as phenazepam and the solution needs to be warmed slightly to help things along.. I wouldn't make too much all at once. Say 50 mg at a time or however much you need for one week. There could be some bacterial growth if you make a huge amount and keep it for months on end.

Different question:

Does anyone know if it makes any difference whether you chew Etizolam tablets or just swallow them whole ?

As with all pills*, Etizolam should not be crushed, broken or chewed.
However, this is bluelight ;)
Yes, it makes a difference. Chewing the pill will make it hit you harder and faster. It will also decrease how long it lasts.

*Unless they are sublingual and need to held under tongue, or are buccal and need to be held between the teeth and cheek

I got my propylene glycol and dissolved what was about 200-220mg left of etizolam in a 200ml bottle. I'm pretty safe to assume 1ml = around 1.5mg dose. I'll test when my benzo tolerance goes down. :)

How do you think I should store this stuff? I have it in a shelf in the dark, that should do right? PG doesn't need to be in the fridge to be stable with etizolam right?

EDIT: dosed 3ml (oh, and dont try and snort PG, it burns like fuck)

about an hour later I feel good. that good benzo feeling. So i think i got the dosing right :) 1/1.5mg per ml. Since I take 2 1mg xanax and a 2mg lorazepam to feel like this.

Last edited:
Never been a fan of benzos, but am forming a friendly relationship with etiz. It goes great with stimulants like 4-FA and is helpful for the comedown. I usually break them into 1/4ths and end up taking about 2 mg by the night's end. Am kinda worried about withdrawals if I were to quit, particularly the seizure risk.

Has anyone here gone through legit etizolam withdrawal? I can't seem to find anything other than conjecture. Would a 2 mg per day habit be likely to cause seizures in an otherwise health person?

depends how long you are taking them for?

the longest daily use i had of etizolam was 14 days, roughly 1 to 3mg a day and it wasnt actually too bad, just some trouble sleeping and slight anxiety for a few days after then i was fine.

but we are all different

Never been a fan of benzos, but am forming a friendly relationship with etiz. It goes great with stimulants like 4-FA and is helpful for the comedown. I usually break them into 1/4ths and end up taking about 2 mg by the night's end. Am kinda worried about withdrawals if I were to quit, particularly the seizure risk.

Has anyone here gone through legit etizolam withdrawal? I can't seem to find anything other than conjecture. Would a 2 mg per day habit be likely to cause seizures in an otherwise health person?

I seriously doubt a 2mg a day habit would be likely to cause seizures unless you've been on it for many months and even then the risk seems minimal. I've gone through 1-2 days of w/ds after taking 4-6mgs daily for several months while waiting for my package to arrive, I did get some moderate shaking/trembling of my arms and hands and there were several instances where I would feel a sharp "jerk" in my vision that felt like the beginning of what I imagine a seizure would feel like but never had an actual seizure. Other drugs really screw with my etizolam regimen, during my first 2 months of taking it I had no problem keeping my doses at 4mgs a night but when I start taking things like 4-FA and mxe my doses jumped to 10mgs a day to combat insomnia as well as other negative side effects. I really need to start tapering off of this one...

Last edited:
I'm beginning to see etiz induced blepharospasm now. I get it every day for a few hours - both eyes - I've only been taking 2mg a week for 6 months. Deffo not buying any more after these last 5 are gone.

Does anyone here have experience with Chlorpromazine? I've been self-medicating on etizolam for a while now to cope with social anxiety, saw a friend of mine the other day, he's prescribed Chlorpromazine but doesn't use them so has loads, he gave me a couple of boxes completely out of the blue and although they are anti-psychotics they apparently help massively with anxiety.

I'd never even heard of this pharmaceutical before then, obviously gonna do some research before i take them but thought i may as well ask here as well in case any of you can be of help.

Does anyone here have experience with Chlorpromazine? I've been self-medicating on etizolam for a while now to cope with social anxiety, saw a friend of mine the other day, he's prescribed Chlorpromazine but doesn't use them so has loads, he gave me a couple of boxes completely out of the blue and although they are anti-psychotics they apparently help massively with anxiety.

I'd never even heard of this pharmaceutical before then, obviously gonna do some research before i take them but thought i may as well ask here as well in case any of you can be of help.

That's a very specific question, I'd start a new thread if I were you. Your post here might go unnoticed, especially since it is off-topic.

One thing to remember is that everyone reacts differently, this is my personal experience of the withdrawal.

Valium : Few years ago i was taking vallies every day for 4-5 months roughly the most i would take in a day was like 20-25 10mg pills i think this was near the end of my 5 month stint so my tolerance was crazy, the person i was getting them off ran out and couldn't get more which meant i couldn't get more and i had like 5 left so couldn't taper. The withdrawals were the worst fucking thing i've ever experienced in my life, extreme rebound anxiety, completely unable to sleep etc and breathing was so difficult i thought i was going to die - bad times.

Etizolam : I started taking these last November, i knew they were basically benzos but i foolishly ended up taking them every day until March this year, most i took in a day was 8mg but usually around 4-5mg a day. I ran out of etiz pills in March and couldn't afford to re-order for another week. 4 months I had been taking these daily and i suddenly had to stop taking them completely for a whole week, which i did. The only withdrawal symptombs i suffered was mild/moderate rebound anxiety and trouble getting to sleep, i would be lying in bed for hours but eventually fall asleep.

As you can see from my experience etizolam withdrawal is a piece of piss, but i do remember reading posts from some people going through etizolam withdrawl and describing the symptoms i suffered from valium, so it must really depend on the individual.

One thing to remember is that everyone reacts differently, this is my personal experience of the withdrawal.

Valium : Few years ago i was taking vallies every day for 4-5 months roughly the most i would take in a day was like 20-25 10mg pills i think this was near the end of my 5 month stint so my tolerance was crazy, the person i was getting them off ran out and couldn't get more which meant i couldn't get more and i had like 5 left so couldn't taper. The withdrawals were the worst fucking thing i've ever experienced in my life, extreme rebound anxiety, completely unable to sleep etc and breathing was so difficult i thought i was going to die - bad times.

Etizolam : I started taking these last November, i knew they were basically benzos but i foolishly ended up taking them every day until March this year, most i took in a day was 8mg but usually around 4-5mg a day. I ran out of etiz pills in March and couldn't afford to re-order for another week. 4 months I had been taking these daily and i suddenly had to stop taking them completely for a whole week, which i did. The only withdrawal symptombs i suffered was mild/moderate rebound anxiety and trouble getting to sleep, i would be lying in bed for hours but eventually fall asleep.

As you can see from my experience etizolam withdrawal is a piece of piss, but i do remember reading posts from some people going through etizolam withdrawl and describing the symptoms i suffered from valium, so it must really depend on the individual.

You asked about chlorpromazine, i don't have exp with it but i have exp with the following other antipsychotics: Quetiapine (100mg seroquel script), Olanzapine (Zyprexa 7.5mg daily) Catapres (Clonidine 150mcg, occasionally to sleep when all else fails) - All for insomnia... docs love to give out the 'non fun addictive with bad side effect drugs'.

The anti psychs have a similar effect on anxiety but they zonk you out (and make you put on weight its fucked) so being zonked out I wasn't myself and still coping with bad anxiety.. so i guess for me, no...they only helped my bad insomnia, id never ever take them during day time for that reason.. id fall asleep talking to you)

Still, I'm going to get my script refilled today for both seroquel and catapres and I might see if my doc is feeling generous and maybe he might give me that 1mg xanax script he once did... or that val script prior.... any benzo helps. I like xanax because It helps with my anxiety AND insomnia and i dont need to take things like melatonin, diphenhydramine (25mg tablets, mmm yes i'm aware they aren't something you can just get here otc... Lucky for uh, me? that's not an issue cause it's a harmless med but helps sedate... 50mg of dph is as good for insomnia for me with no tolerance to benzos as .5mg xanax is! ) also taking, promethazine (25mg, i used to take up to 300mg of the25mg otc tablets to sleep), chlorpheniramine (2mg polaramine tabs to potentiate my opiates. they dont really sedate you)

You asked about chlorpromazine, i don't have exp with it but i have exp with the following other antipsychotics: Quetiapine (100mg seroquel script), Olanzapine (Zyprexa 7.5mg daily) Catapres (Clonidine 150mcg, occasionally to sleep when all else fails) - All for insomnia... docs love to give out the 'non fun addictive with bad side effect drugs'.

The anti psychs have a similar effect on anxiety but they zonk you out (and make you put on weight its fucked) so being zonked out I wasn't myself and still coping with bad anxiety.. so i guess for me, no...they only helped my bad insomnia, id never ever take them during day time for that reason.. id fall asleep talking to you)

Still, I'm going to get my script refilled today for both seroquel and catapres and I might see if my doc is feeling generous and maybe he might give me that 1mg xanax script he once did... or that val script prior.... any benzo helps. I like xanax because It helps with my anxiety AND insomnia and i dont need to take things like melatonin, diphenhydramine (25mg tablets, mmm yes i'm aware they aren't something you can just get here otc... Lucky for uh, me? that's not an issue cause it's a harmless med but helps sedate... 50mg of dph is as good for insomnia for me with no tolerance to benzos as .5mg xanax is! ) also taking, promethazine (25mg, i used to take up to 300mg of the25mg otc tablets to sleep), chlorpheniramine (2mg polaramine tabs to potentiate my opiates. they dont really sedate you)

I'm also a fan of Promethazine. Diphemhydramine is another similar first-generation anti-histamine is it not? Is it much different from prometh? Why is better? Why?

I've been wanting a seroquel script but it's not worth the weight-gain. I used to have eating disorders so I stay away from any meds that have "weight gain" as a side effect and anti-psychotics apparently make you gain weight like crazy.

Glad I stocked up on these, just started taking them again after a swift withdrawal free break, three a day for three months. Was given Citalopram by the Doctor, crap, I bought some Wellbutrin XL which is really keeping the depression at bay, does pep you up so thought I would have some Etis again. These little blue pills are amazing, the way they seem to target your anxiety but leave you clear headed, it's like a magic bullet.

Thank you guys for the info! I was under the impression that the DOSE was more important than the frequency of use, but perhaps I'll start taking a few days off per week just to be sure. (I know people who take Ativan or Xanax daily for months and quit suddenly without issue, but they use them in recommended doses). Was hoping etiz would be the same.

For as popular as it is, I'm not seeing many horror stories or deaths yet. The fear of seizures is really what scares me.

Etiz sounds great to have, am interested in Phenibut too...but you have to tread lightly with this shit. Thanks for alll the info. NO

Last edited by a moderator:
^
Etizolam is a really nice drug, much more euphoric then classic benzos and no next day hangover at all.
I seem to enjoy pseudo-benzo drugs more then their classic counterparts though so could just be me.lol
Etiz also doesnt seem to cause compulsive redosing for me either, unlike zopiclone which is awful for that.
The only WD symptoms i noticed after 3 weeks use at 3mg a day was a little rebound anxiety and slight craving feelings but i suffer with GAD anyway so am proberly more suseptible to these symptoms.

I just got told etizolam is a RC?? I always thought it was a legit benzo (well, thiona). Like available on prescription.
Does this mean it could be unsafe or mixed with stuff like a street drug?