Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Intense marijuana badtrip involving hospital

Lollerskates

Greenlighter
*Edit : I am not an habitual marijuana user. I used to smoke as a teenager, and used the drug very sporadically after that. I am 32 now.

Prologue:
This started when I got 3.5 grams of marijuana. My goal was to use it in recipes and eat it. I use a very potent recipe : let shredded weed simmer in bacon fat at low heat for about 30 minutes. Then I directly eat the mixture. The first time I did this, I used about 1 gram. The effect was very strong. Too strong in fact. This was a bad trip that lasted for a few hours. After a few hours that it dropped a bit in intensity and it was more pleasurable. I told myself to never use pot again, but as the effects went away, I was no longer scared of it. So I ate pot a few other times afterwards. I experimented with much smaller doses because I was scared to have a badtrip again.

The previous day:
Fast forward January 6. I decide to eat pot again. My logic was that by eating a smaller dose, I would have a more pleasurable trip. So I ate something that looked to be maybe half of 1 gram. I started watching a shitty movie called Dragonball Evolution. Then, 45 minutes after eating the weed, I was instantly hit with an intense buzz. I had to stop the movie. I was in badtrip mode again. Luckily for me, the bad feelings only lasted for about 1 hour, then my buzz was normal for several hours after that.

The fateful day:
Now we are at January 7, the day directly after the one I ate weed. I decided to eat weed again. My logic that day was that I would eat my weed in a few shots every few hours, instead of eating all once, so I could stop eating if my high got strong enough. So I ate my first shot at 11:00PM. I didn't feel much, so I ate a second shot at 1:00AM. I started to feel high, but I was like : "Screw this, I am eating the rest". So at 3:15 AM, I ate the remaining weed. Overall, I think the three shots combined were less than 1 gram.

At about 4:00 AM and something, I started feeling really fucked up. It didn't take long before I returned to badtrip land again. But this badtrip would be the worse of them all. I was convinced that I was about to die. I swear, I took my own temperature like 100 times. Numbers were normal, but this didn't really comfort me. THERE WAS something wrong, I swore. Maybe it was my plants? I was imagining my plants sending me toxic gazes to kill me. Then I imagined that my air exchange unit was loaded with a deadly gas. I felt like I had trouble breathing. Every 10 minutes or so, I would open my doors to breathe the air outside.

I was convinced that the whole world was spying on me, including my neighbors. So everyone could see the state I was in. I checked my pulse a few times. It was at like 138, rested (normally my rested pulse is 70). So I started imagining myself that I would get a heart attack or something. I decided that I would try to force myself to vomit to get rid of the weed of my stomach. I tried putting a finger in my mouth many times, but nothing came out. I wasn't nauseous at all. This made freak out a little more because I had to keep the weed in my body and deal with its effects.

I was so high. I felt something in my head like my whole brain was moving. I had extreme paranoia about EVERYTHING. Everything little detail was threatening, even if it didn't make any sense. I forced myself to eat a little because I ate absolutely nothing that day. The high was killing my appetite but I was paranoid that not eating would kill me in some absurd logic, so I downed some food. I then decided to take a walk outside even if it was very cold (like -20 celcius), thinking that walking would make feel better. It did absolutely nothing. I was convinced that every driver that passed by wanted to run me over. Then I saw some kids delivering newspapers and for some reason I thought they were assassins that wanted to kill me. I checked my back constantly.

So I was like : "It will stop after a few hours like the previous times, so let's just endure it while time passes." How wrong I was! This ended up being the longest weed trip I ever experienced. At about 3 PM, 12 hours after the last shot of weed, I started freaking out that my high was still there, just as strong as ever. So maybe I was going to die after all? Maybe this badtrip would never end? Maybe I was experienced liver failure? While thinking about these cheerful thoughts, I still felt like I had trouble breathing and went outside to walk a few times.

Afternoon passed, and now it was the evening, and I was STILL high as fuck. It was hell. I know that ingesting weed doesn't cause death, but when you are high, logical thoughts do not apply most of time, so I was thinking about getting a lethal weed overdose. At 9:00 PM, my best friend randomly called me. For some reason, I was convinced that the "people" who spied me in my weed trip told my friend to call me. He called me because he wanted to see The Hobbit movie with me the next day. I explained to him everything, and how I was having a bad trip. For some reason, I was able to talk easily and have almost a normal conversation. While I was talking to him, I was not feeling bad anymore. But then, as soon as I hanged the phone, the paranoia and anxiety came back.

I started being worried about lack of sleep. I hadn't sleep for 30 hours now. I tried a few times to sleep, but it was impossible. The high was too strong. I had crazy thoughts as soon as I closed my eyes and I could not relax at all. I started being convinced that I was about to die from a lack of sleep. In my mind, I had to go to sleep NOW or I was dead. So it made trying to sleep even more difficult. This added anxiety.

At midnight, I took a decision. I was still high as hell like 20 hours after eating my last dose of weed, and hadn't sleep in 30+ hours. Also I was worried that I would die. So I decided to go to the hospital. By that point, I was capable of driving my car, but I still had very high anxiety.

So I arrived at the hospital at 12:30 AM, and waited a few hours there. Then basically, around 1:30 AM, while in the urgency waiting room, my high stopped. I came back to my senses almost instantaneously. The crazy schizophrenia thoughts were gone. I started feeling very tired and yawned constantly. At that point, I knew I was ok and that I could go back home. I still stayed to see the doctor however.

At 2:30 AM, the doctor saw me. I felt embarrassed explaining what happened, especially since I was mostly sober at that point. The whole thing just sounded idiotic now. Also, this was the same doctor that I saw another time before, so it was rather embarrassing, because now he knew I was a drug user. He gave me 30mg of Serax (Oxazepam) and sent me home. I almost felt bad for wasting the time of the doctor and other hospital employees.

When I was home, I was not really feeling high anymore. I was no longer feeling paranoia and anxiety. I took my two pills of Serax then started feeling wobbly and tired. I layed in my bed at 5:00 AM (after being awake for 36 hours), closed my eyes, and the next thing I know, it was 5:00 PM (today).

Final thoughts:
What a trip! And I am not saying this in a positive sense. This was probably the worse badtrip I ever had. I think that the duration of the high was unusually long (it lasted about 22 hours). I have never experienced something like this before. Also, the quantities ingested were not that big (maybe 1 gram or less overall). Hell, I ate a bigger quantity than that before and the high wasn't as long and intense. So I am wondered what the hell happened here. One theory that I have is that I ate weed two days in a row, so I still had THC remnants in my blood on the second day and that made the high much stronger. Another theory is that I ate a more potent bud this time, like a head bud. My third theory is maybe the way I cooked the weed was better that time. I simmered it at low heat for 30 minutes, while the previous time I used a higher temperature that burned the weed more. Maybe it's a mix of these reasons and maybe it's another reason altogether. One thing is sure: I am not taking weed any time soon! Hell, I hope I never take it at all for the rest of my life. The most powerful moments of terror I ever felt in my life were caused by this drug. I don't need this.

Feel free to comment.

Last edited:
Very detailed report! As was mentioned in the recent thread similar to yours, where I saw you had commented, eating cannabis can be much different than smoking it. The fact that you ate some the day before could have definitely contributed to the longer duration the second time around as well as the different preparation method and more potent bud, the first time you said you cooked the weed at a much higher temperature which could have cooked a lot of the thc off too, lessening its overall potency. Overall edible cannabis can have very long lasting effects especially in those who don't frequently consume it, I've seen multiple threads on here of people saying they were high for well over 24hrs from a larger dose of edibles. In my experience 1g of high quality green in an edible is a fairly high dose but everyone reacts differently to it. The first time I ate a medical brownie from colorado, I only ate half with a 1g concentration total so I ingested .5g, and I was really high for 12hrs and still felt a little funky the next day when I woke up. I had a fairly high tolerance at the time as well. I'm guessing your second dose cooked at a lower temp was much more potent so when you got fairly high the paranoia set in and with it being an edible dose and lasting for so long that even though after 15hrs and the effects had lessened the paranoia was still present so even the slightest feeling of being high dominated your mind and made you feel that the intense high was lasting much longer than it actually was. I'm not going to argue that cannabis is harmless because it isn't but it won't kill you either so if you decide to use again try a smaller dose as well as keeping your preparation method consistent.

I was so high. I felt something in my head like my whole brain was moving. I had extreme paranoia about EVERYTHING. Everything little detail was threatening, even if it didn't make any sense. I forced myself to eat a little because I ate absolutely nothing that day. The high was killing my appetite but I was paranoid that not eating would kill me in some absurd logic, so I downed some food. I then decided to take a walk outside even if it was very cold (like -20 celcius), thinking that walking would make feel better. It did absolutely nothing. I was convinced that every driver that passed by wanted to run me over. Then I saw some kids delivering newspapers and for some reason I thought they were assassins that wanted to kill me. I checked my back constantly.

[/QUOTE
]

Yeah I relate the that part a lot! everything just seems ominous all of the sudden...music, people, objects, sound.....Everything just feels wrong!

I've had thast from psychedlics and weed and if you can detach from that thinking you won't have a bad trip, but it's tricky, because the more you try not to think about something, the harder it is! What a mind fuck!

I've had years of my life smoking pot daily and every time I've gone back to it I've had a little paranoia...It usually goes away within the first week or so using it regularly again...

I think that kind of thinking just snowballs and is what preceeds most "bad trips"....Or sometimes is just that one negative thought about yourself or seeing something that triggers a negative memory....

i'd try hash oil or hash in edibles, it's a much smoother high with less anxiety/paranoia. I can eat a high dose and have no problem except getting tired at the end. Regular cannabis can really trigger my anxiety if i'm not careful.

half a gram in an edible, if cooked properly, is very very strong to a non tolerant user. Just remember, no one has died from ingesting cannabis, whether eaten or smoked or whatever. It also doesn't cause liver failure. These kinds of 'bad trips' usually happens to people with no tolerance, once you have a tolerance i imagine you'll greatly enjoy cannabis edibles. It's easier to titrate your doses by vaporizing though. I wouldn't consider it a bad trip either, just a learning experience. One must know their limits.

thanks for the report.

Thanks for this. I'm glad I'm not the only one! I want to repeat: I still have NOTHING against pot. I think it's worth being increasingly careful. Thank you for sharing!

i enjoy these weed horror stories as i can relate to them having a similar experience recently. as for such a small dose having a strong affect that happened to me as well.

i got hold of a few grams of weed, my first session was pretty liberal smoking three small bowels out of a bong bout a gram. i went inside it was unpleasantly intense for a few minutes then quite pleasant for an hour. the next evening i smoked a very small amount mebbie 200mg and went sky high. i was fucked for about six hours and in the end i had to knocked on my sisters door in the middle of the night and she gave me some tamazapan which knocked me out.

Two bad trip reports from eating weed on here at the mo?

I've only done this twice, despite being a daily weedhead for over 20 yrs. I keep my tolerance as low as possible, smoking about 3grams a week. My gf smoke less than me but she has a small share of that.

One time I ate hash cakes on the way to Amsterdam. Got on a ferry to France & sat down in a comfy lounge. Didn't feel very pleasant but when the huge ferry door slammed underneath me I thought we'd crashed! I instantly went from okay-ish to full blown panic mode. I leap-frogged a couple of seating arrangements & pelted towards the exits for a few seconds before I managed to get hold of myself, turned round as casually as possible & walked sheepishly back to where my mum & ex were sitting. They had his WTF? look on their faces, & even I was cracking up over it 15 minutes later. But for a second there, I fucking lost it & ran for the hills!

The difference between eating & smoking ganga is phenominal!

I smoked for years, high grade home grown. I could easily smoke anyone I knew under the table. But, then we started fucking around with BHO. After many many months of smoking that, on a friends birthday, I took a one gram hit. It completely pulled the rug out from underneath me, sent me into a fierce panic attack. Truly thought I was gonna die, I know exactly how you felt. I started to realize, i couldn't catch my breath, and this led to thoughts of heart attack. After awhile of that, something odd happened. I looked out the window to a gorgeous summer day, and I accepted that at least I would die on this beautiful day. And this feeling of peace came over me, and it was no longer overwhelming.

Nobody in the room had a clue what I was going through mentally, but man it ruined weed for me for a long time. Even now if I smoke, it's only indica, or indica dominate.

There's a video of me taking that fateful dab of oil, sometimes I watch it to remind myself how bravery doesn't reward you when it comes to drugs.

Even cannabis commands respect.

its just your having way too much. when would you smoke half a gram in one go after not smoking it for days?

its wayy too much. go tiny when using weed sporadically. its different when you have it more regularly.

I smoked for years, high grade home grown. I could easily smoke anyone I knew under the table. But, then we started fucking around with BHO. After many many months of smoking that, on a friends birthday, I took a one gram hit. It completely pulled the rug out from underneath me, sent me into a fierce panic attack. Truly thought I was gonna die, I know exactly how you felt. I started to realize, i couldn't catch my breath, and this led to thoughts of heart attack. After awhile of that, something odd happened. I looked out the window to a gorgeous summer day, and I accepted that at least I would die on this beautiful day. And this feeling of peace came over me, and it was no longer overwhelming.

Nobody in the room had a clue what I was going through mentally, but man it ruined weed for me for a long time. Even now if I smoke, it's only indica, or indica dominate.

There's a video of me taking that fateful dab of oil, sometimes I watch it to remind myself how bravery doesn't reward you when it comes to drugs.

Even cannabis commands respect.

haha holy shit 1g of bho? that must have been intense. Usually a few drops is enough to get me super high.

haha holy shit 1g of bho? that must have been intense. Usually a few drops is enough to get me super high.

You have no idea the tolerance I had, my friend grew high quality weed and all we did was smoke all day every day, among other things. In the video of me taking that hit, from the second the oil touched the head of the nail until I ran out of lung, was over 20 seconds. Doesn't sound that impressive but count that out in your head.

After that weed has never been the same, especially sativas. I literally stopped smoking for a year. Didn't take a hit.

Sounds dreadful. I am immune to oral cannabis but reading reports like this make me think I am not missing out on much,

i think cannabis has a weird dose-response curve orally, it's totally different from smoking. i know a shitton of people who swear you need to do at least 1g orally to get high and less might be a waste/do nothing at all. but then, if you do enough, it might keep you effed up pretty good for hours.

In my case, I really am immune. Last time I tried, a batch of cookies made with a quarter ounce bubble hashish....it was potent enough to take down a horse but had no effect on me. It sure floored everyone else.

^that's strange.

i do find most people need to cook up an oz plus for effective edibles but their technique is just wrong or inefficient. If you know your shit (i saw a video on a grandmother making her own edibles with .5 grams in them) then you can make strong edibles that take only .25-.5 gram to get you really high for 8-12 hours. I've eaten so many shitty edibles that i thought i was immune to them as well but then i made my own properly and realized that i certainly wasn't immune to them. They just make me insanely tired and burnt out though.

It's weird, because Wednesday, about two days after my trip, I started feeling some anxiety and felt like like I was returning into my high. I never have anxiety normally. Weed after-effects perhaps? I was almost tempted to go to a pharmacy getting some Serax to calm me down (the doctor game a prescription worth a few days of the pill). It lasted a few hours and stopped. It hasn't happened again after that.

Now I know I might be paranoid, but I thought about my weed being laced with something. The person who gave it to me is considered a close childhood friend, so it would have been a pretty fucked up thing to do to put stuff in the weed... I keep thinking about it.

Also, something very strange happened during my trip... While I was closing my eyes while stoned, I kept seeing the same piece of landscape over and over. It was a cliff that ended in a triangular spot. For some reason that cliff represented the obstacle I had to overcome to beat my high. It would always appear.

Then the next day (while sober), I saw Bilbo the Hobbit at the theater, and the exact same cliff appeared at the end of the movie! For those who saw the movie, I am talking about the landscape where the final battle happens. WTF? The only difference is that there was more trees on it in the movie than in my vision. This is really weird.