• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dissolving Concerta in water

forin

Greenlighter
Has anyone tried dropping a tablet of Concerta in a glass of water overnight to let the content dissolve in the water? Would it work? I can't stand the extended release. It's keeping me up all night.

Methylphenidate hydrochloride the active ingredient in concerta is soluble in water. However, you'd need to perform an easy yet frustrating process of deshelling it first, and removing the methylphenidate. If you want my advice, here's an easy way to defeat the extended release.

Suck on the concerta pill until the white color is gone (assuming its a 36milligram pill) or the red color is gone (assuming its a 56milligram pill).

Once the color is gone and you've sucked the coating off (which is 22 percent of the methylphenidate in the pill) you'll be left with a hard plastic pill divided into two colors. Cut the side with the yellow color from the side with the green color, and stick the side with the yellow color under your tongue. It will taste bitter but keep it there for a few minutes until nothing remains under your tongue except some thin pieces of plastic and the bitterness disappears. Spit the plastic out, and enjoy.

That sounds promising. How long does the whole process take?
I've dropped the tablet in water in the meantime, let it sit in it overnight and I'm glad to say that it's working. The external coating dissolved within 10 minutes. The internal part seems it will need more than 12 hours. I left it there for approx 9 hours and only one half of the non-green layer has been pushed out of the pill. I might try increasing the size of the hole in the coating before soaking it.

Man, the process I outlined for you should take no more than 3 minutes. Suck on the pill until the coating dissolves, break it in half and stick the yellow part under your tongue.

If you wish to dissolve in water than fine, it would take around 10 hours because of the concerta osmosis time release mechanism (the green half of the pill).

Worked fine, thanks.

I did some experiments and found out that leaving the pill under my tongue and taking it out when I don't need its effect anymore works too. It's just not suitable for the office because it's hard to talk with it :D

The most efficient way to get the methyphenidate to dissolve in water it score the white coating with a razor blade and chip it off (comes off veary easy and in large chunks), then set those flakes aside. Then use the razor blade to slice off the green section from the capsule and throw it out, it contains no medication whatsoever. Next slice through the remaining yellow/white section lengthwise but don't go all the way through, avoid cutting the waxy shell at the bottom it will make it easier to remove it in the next step. Pull both halves of the section down and just roll them off the waxy shell and throw shell remnants away. Crush the de-skinned parts but no need to make it into a powder, just small granules will do. Throw this and the flakes from the white coating into a cup of hot water, wait a few minutes, then enjoy. The crushing and the hot water significantly increase the rate of absorption of methylphenidate into the water. There will be little residue left, you can swallow that if you wish.