• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone

YEAhp

Greenlighter
Okay guys this me be a dumb question but I need the answer lol.

So im gonna be stopping my use of Oxycodone. Im not addicted if I am its very slight. Ive only been using 1.5-2months 2-4 times a week. (usually 3). I try to stay away from doing them 2 days in a row and rarely do. When I do snort the pills I usualy do quite a bit in a night (over 100mg). So im going to be stopping cold turkey because I tried em and liked em but I dont want to start a bad addiction and keep spending money. So im going to get some Suboxone (probably the strips) to help with what ever withdrawls may come.

My question is how do I take the suboxone. I have heard lit it dissolve and spit, etc. So please let me know how to properly take the subs. Tell me the way for all forms of subs (pill, strips, etc.) because im not 100% sure it will be the strips because if heard of other forms im pretty sure. Also what dosage do you think i should start with and how often (just a rough guess is fine)

all opinions are appreciated
THANKS!

You don't need buprenorphine for a habit like that. If anything, you'll be making your tolerance and dependence higher, likely worsening the eventual WDs.

Buy some good Bali Kratom, make the tea (it contains opioids like 7-ohm-mitragynine) that will calm WD quite effectively without posing much dependence liability and is used by many, including myself, to quit habits such as yours.

To repeat, I strongly recommend against using Buprenorphine in your situation.

Edit: Browse this thread for more specifics

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/617166-Your-Personal-Opiate-Withdrawal-Arsenal

okay good thing you mentioned that I really appreciate it! :)

Although one question what if my withdrawls are really bad. prolly wont but just a what if.

If you do end up with really bad withdrawals then take 1mg sublingually. That should be enough to take the withdrawals away. Only take it a few days otherwise you will become dependent on the suboxone and then have to kick that. Also drop down to 0.5mg after the first day of taking 1mg, and then either take the 0.5mg another day, or go down to 0.25mg and then stop.

Their question doesn't fall into the category of any of those scenarios, so I don't know why you posted a link to that thread. That's not to say that this thread won't eventually be merged with the megathread, but not because of the reasons in that link.

The thread is a list of examples, not an all inclusive list by any means.

There is also a large sized link to the mega thread in that post, and hopefully many people would realize they should post in there for the quickest answers - as well reading the first few posts to the mega thread may clear up some/any questions they might have had.

The thread is a list of examples, not an all inclusive list by any means.

There is also a large sized link to the mega thread in that post, and hopefully many people would realize they should post in there for the quickest answers - as well reading the first few posts to the mega thread may clear up some/any questions they might have had.

It's a list of examples of questions we can't answer beyond what is said in that thread, which is why those threads aren't allowed. This question can be answered though, and since the OP's question is unique it deserves its own thread for now until it is answered enough, at which time it will be merged with the megathread.

since the OP's question is unique it deserves its own thread for now until it is answered enough, at which time it will be merged with the megathread.

Of course, it's still acceptable to provide the link to the mega thread for future reference and more in depth education though. :)

I agree completely with using something like Kratom to wean off any habit you may have with oxycodone. Partially because with Suboxone, you won't be able to wean yourself off it. Atleast with Kratom you can take smaller and smaller amounts oxycodone along with it. And I have never had to spit when it's dissolving, with the strips or the stop signs. Also, I've noticed the strips are noticeably weaker. Try some 'green malay' kratom.

I have been able to taper myself off of Suboxone in the past to a very low dose, and I plan on doing so again. It's very possible.

I mean to say you can't wean yourself off the oxy while on suboxone. kind of like chantix with nicotine, it blocks those receptors. I realize you can quit the subs.

I mean to say you can't wean yourself off the oxy while on suboxone. kind of like chantix with nicotine, it blocks those receptors. I realize you can quit the subs.

Oh OK, I get what you mean now. You were right, I just misunderstood.

How many days in a row or weeks etc. have you been taking oxy everyday?

It doesn't sound like you have a habit. Either way, I would definitely wait to see if you're even going to get withdrawals.. and real withdrawals, don't let your head trick you into feeling sick because you think you are supposed to. If you are not psychically dependent the suboxone is pointless and will probably do more harm than good.