• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine hold or open?

privateparts

Bluelighter
wanted to know this of everyone else since its been a curiosity of mine for so long(for some reason).

when snorting.....things....not wanting to limit this to cocaine only

do you hold one nostril closed or leave both open?

anyone have benefits they notice?

personally when i was snorting drugs i always held closed one nostril. i tended to get an immediate to the throat drip blast if the non-snorting nostril was left open.

I always held one closed. I think theres more pressure when you do that so the powder makes it further up your nose and into the mucous membrane where you want it to be. in this scenerio, are you using a straw?

Man, I haven't snorted anything in a verryyy long time.. but I do remember always holding one nostril closed.. that way you can focus all the pressure and "snorting" where it needs to be. If you just breath in through your nose with both nostrils opened, air goes into both equally.. when snorting drugs, you want it focused on one nostril at a time.

Yeah never heard of anyone not closing one nostril.

Why wouldn't you close 1? If you didn't most of the vacuum created by your lungs would just suck fresh air through the non-snorting nostril

Yup keep one closed the one that yer not snortin the drugs from. Also try not to swallow the drip bcuz yer swallowin the drugs and the bioavailability drops bcuz it goes from nasal absorption to stomach absorption and w drugs like coke or dope you definintly don't want that.

Snort but not too hard so it drips but not too soft so it don't get up in there. Just the perfect amount of pressure for it to absorb w/out any drip.

It's [nearly?] impossible to snort something with your other nostril open, there's just not enough pressure. Never seen anyone not hold it closed.

^ That's just how I do it. I don't think it would make a huge difference if it was reversed. If that is what you are getting at?

Yup, that is what I was getting at.
It wouldn't make any difference, just use whatever nostril you are comfortable with.

Yup, that is what I was getting at.
It wouldn't make any difference, just use whatever nostril you are comfortable with.

Yeah, like I said I feel the same way, but I'm sure you've had to have heard the stories about one of the nostrils goes straight to the brain and all that b/s.

It's [nearly?] impossible to snort something with your other nostril open, there's just not enough pressure. Never seen anyone not hold it closed.

You can definately still sniff without closing one nostril. I was doing it out of one of those bullet things. I would imagine it probably is best to hold one shut though

^You don't have to close it if you can snort hard, I can do it without closing a nostril, it's better to close it I guess....

I don't think it matters at all. I sometimes snort while standing so in left hand I'm holding the card or whatever I'm snorting from and in right hand I'm holding straw, always works too.

^ That's just how I do it. I don't think it would make a huge difference if it was reversed. If that is what you are getting at?

I break it up. One line with this nostril, one with the other. :p

I don't think it matters at all. I sometimes snort while standing so in left hand I'm holding the card or whatever I'm snorting from and in right hand I'm holding straw, always works too.
Forgot to say, it might need a bit more practice than holding one nostril closed and you do need to snort harder as the air goes in both nostrils but, you generally don't want to snort so hard everyone can hear you blowing in entire house because then more of the stuff just goes to your lungs which really sucks, I found out I need to snort very lightly, and of course most newbies tend to snort brutally hard maybe because that's what you see in movies. Another thing is that IMO it's important to snort slowly, now I'm not talking about the intensity of blowing but merely the time in which you snort the whole line, it's not good to do it super fast as it also increases the amount of drip going to stomach, if it's a long line it should take several (3?) seconds to snort whole and not <1 second. You will also nejoy the whole process more if you do it slowly, of course all of the info in this thread applies to any drug not just coke.
;)

i dunno ive taken coke and put it into jel caps and swallowed it and definately got wayy fucked up. took a bit but it worked. and it seems to really get back into your nasal passage and throat not holding anything closed. its like cooking h. dont really have to do that every bag you get you know?

One time I was in the car so we were taking bumps off a card and I couldn't plug one nostril so I railed it with it open and really it's not that much different feels weird you would run out of breath faster.