• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiates and Cocaine Vs Amps

blight12

Bluelighter
Greetings Friends,

I have been some research on BL and noticed that the combination of opiates and cocaine has been reported to be very effective and show synergy in a way that is "greater then the sum of its parts" while opiates and meth is reported to be nothing special or pleasant at all.

(I am interested in testing out the classic speed ball concept myself (coke and opiates) so just doing my due diligence first)

I believe there may be a factual reason for this but I am wondering why this might be the case. I realize coke is a reuptake inhibitor and meth increases dopamine availability with a different mechanism but at the end of the day they both work via increasing the availability of dopamine to cause their desired effects (to put it really simply).

I was wondering if there might by any technical reason why each might react so differently in combination with opiates?

Thanks.

Plenty of people love using meth in place of coke for their speedballs.. It's really just preference. The rush isn't as intense with meth.. at least not in the crazy way of IV cocaine.. but it has longer legs and some people like that better.

For any speedball to be "successful" it all comes down to finding the correct mix between the two drugs.. it's very easy to put too much of something or not enough of it, and not get the high you were wanting.

it all comes down to finding the correct mix between the two drugs.. it's very easy to put too much of something or not enough of it, and not get the high you were wanting.

I agree.
Coke does nothing for me so I can't comment on the combo with opiates as I would only respond positively to the opiate.
However, when I used to use meth even low doses of codeine(60mg) would smooth out the edginess without killing the stimulant effects like a benzo would. The ROA I am referring to is oral for both substances.

BUT you are talking speedballs.....Blight12 are you considering IV'ing?
I hope not.
I ask this because as far as I know a speedball ROA is IV.

Ahh ok i see thanks. I think also with the coke combo you come off the coke into a nice opiate high and this assuredly results in a far better overall experience then coming off the opiate high into a stim, or coming down off the stim.

Still though it just seemed that my BL research indicated a massive preference for coke/opiate combo that I was sure there must be something else at play beyond duration and so forth.

The biggest thing i noticed is mention of "synergy" with the opiate/coke combo and "no synergy" with meth.
"

Ahh ok i see thanks. I think also with the coke combo you come off the coke into a nice opiate high and this assuredly results in a far better overall experience then coming off the opiate high into a stim, or coming down off the stim.

Still though it just seemed that my BL research indicated a massive preference for coke/opiate combo that I was sure there must be something else at play beyond duration and so forth.

The biggest thing i noticed is mention of "synergy" with the opiate/coke combo and "no synergy" with meth.
"

Yeah I have read posts like that too but I've also seen tons saying the exact opposite.. people get very protective over their speedball stim of choice.. The people who really love IV coke will make it sound like the all of all and that everything else but that sucks shit.. The ones who love meth will say the same thing but for their SOC (stim of choice..)

It's been this way for as long as I can remember.. IV meth-heads vs. IV coke-heads.. each one believes they've found the holy grail of speedballs. Hah.

The biggest thing i noticed is mention of "synergy" with the opiate/coke combo and "no synergy" with meth."

As far as amphetamine goes you know how much stronger meth is than coke, so combining opiates with coke at the same time would give you that "synergy".
Taking opiates at the tail-end (start of a comedown) of a meth dose would also produce a "synergy", and IME a longer lasting one at that.

But IV'ing is a whole other ball game.
I'm responding to the title of your thread and not speedballs.
Hope that makes sense.

As far as amphetamine goes you know how much stronger meth is than coke, so combining opiates with coke at the same time would give you that "synergy".
Taking opiates at the tail-end (start of a comedown) of a meth dose would also produce a "synergy", and IME a longer lasting one at that.

But IV'ing is a whole other ball game.
I'm responding to the title of your thread and not speedballs.
Hope that makes sense.

Ok great, thanks guys for some good responses.

shreddedlettuce: To confirm I was talking specifically snorting both substances. I currently don't do or avoid smoking or IV , and not considering it either. That would be my destruction im sure! Sorry wasn't thinking that the speed ball was an IV specific term...

And you both make a very good point about meth being stronger which could certinally throw your dosage calculations out of wack possibly resulting in far to much stim in the equation if you don't plan carefully.

Its just after my last experience i dont want to go near meth and opiates again...

Yeah I personally like the iv coke and dope speedball, but I like I.v. coke a lot more than I.v. meth. Snorted wont provide the same synergy as injected, the big thing about the speedball is the timing, the coke and the dope hit you at almost the same time and that's what makes it so great. Sitting around on dope and blowing lines of coke or meth is probably nice but don't expect the "holy grail" experienced you've heard about. It comes down to taste really, a strong dose of meth will outlast the dope, so after the opiates wear off chances are you will still be spun unless you have more to do. I like coke because it doesn't last as long as meth, you can do it and then sleep 2 hours later.

I frankly enjoy buprenorphine because it's as stimulating as I like an opiate to be, and I don't feel the need to do amphetamines or cocaine while on buprenorphine whatsoever.

Thanks all. Would mixing up your coke and H powder and doing a line like that at least try to emulate the IV effect in some way?

Thanks all. Would mixing up your coke and H powder and doing a line like that at least try to emulate the IV effect in some way?

No. Hah.

It's a completely different feeling. But, with all the shit and problems IV speedballs bring.. it's not worth it.

it might feel good to someone who hasn't done an i.v. speedball, in fact you might even really enjoy it, but if you've experienced the rush of i.v. then it wouldn't even sound like a possibly enjoyable way to get high. speedballs are risky, if you do a shot and don't really feel the dope as much as you'd like to, you'll be tempted to do more dope, then the coke wears off and you are falling out. for this reason iceballs might be safer. I'd be impressed if someone could od on h after slamming .2 of ice.