• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Am I doing something wrong?

Stan the man

Bluelighter
I've been shooting heroin but I'm not high. This is only the second time I've ever done it. I got tar, put it in water, drew it up, and shot this golden-colored liquid. Only used like 15units per shot. I watched my dude snort less than what I just shot (same h) and was fucked up. Am I supposed to be using lemon juice or something lol?

You have to give more info than that.

What is your opiate tolerance like?
How much heroin did you use?
Did you properly register in a vein before injecting?

15 units of water is a very small amount to use. I use 40-70 units depending on if I'm using 1/2 cc or 1 cc syringe.

I have a slight tolerance but not really. like I can handle shooting 30mg of oxy and id say 60mg of morphine sulfate. I have no clue how much it is. where I live it get sold in "doses" All I was told is I bought 2 fat doses of some fire h. I shot probably 55-60% of the bag. It definitely went in the vein. After snorting a few units of the shit that was in the filters I feel slightly high but like maybe 20mg of morphine. I dont want to water it down too much, everything looks disolved in the spoon. My cottons get brownish on the bottom after I draw up. Am I even drawing up the heroin or losing it all in the spoon?

How did your friend snort tar? You mean water lining? It's possible you missed the vein but with tar it burns like a motherfuck if you miss even a drip and usually will give a big histamine reaction. It's also very possible you have a higher tolerance, through use or just your body's natural state. Also maybe you got different potencies. Hard to tell

If its real heroin it won't get stuck in cotton or spoon, it's completely water soluble. Unless you didn't cook it and just left it in a big chunk.... Doubt you're that stupid though lol. Also possible you over-cooked it and burned it all away, but pretty unlikely.

Possible you got ripped off, got something fake, or super low purity. The first time I did tar I didn't get "high" whatsoever, just really hot And itchy. Sometimes you have to do it a few times to get your body used to it before its really euphoric etc

Its probably very low purity. All dealers say their product is fire. Never believe em. I don't know much bout tar bcuz I'm on the east coast.

I suggest you just start doin a bit more till you feel where ya wanna be. But small amounts don't do a fat shot.

Cant be my tolerance. I did a dose today and nothing at all. Then I shot a morphne 15, high as hell. guess im just getting shitty dope but it doesnt make sense. my friend took out of my bag, snorted it (snorted water) and he could barely talk or walk. hes bigger than i am and has had more experience with h than me....I honestly think im losing it all in the spoon for some fucked up reason...

Sounds like your just getting bad dope.. Like the tank said, I don't know much about tar either, we get white/tan powder out here, but seems like dope is dope no matter what, n if your shooting it you should be high.. Something doesn't add up here lol.

I will simply say that to continue shooting some unknown (highly cut) substance into your body seems foolish. If you aren't getting any pleasant effects anyway, it would be much safer for you to just avoid it.

Seems unlikely, but perhaps you are messing up somewhere throughout the process of preparing the shot..Too big a cotton? Alternatively you could use an oral syringe and plug the BTH, it is quite effective. Moreso than snorting it.

Personally i think whoever sold you the dope sold you whatever they use to make a dummy bag out of tar heroin ( I'm in michigan so all my experience is with tan powder ). If you shot real heroin, you should at least feel SOMETHING, even something so small as feeling like you took a vicodin to signify that it was heroin just not good quality......for you not to feel ANYTHING, no histamine, not heroin.
I wouldn't shoot anymore of it.... maybe plug the rest just to be sure but whatever it is could very well be dangerous to inject.

Also you're injecting, if you missed it should cause major histamine...

Does it taste bitter to you at all ???

I know I didnt miss, i missed a little yesterday and that shit turned all purple. I shot yesterday and didnt feel anything at all. I snorted a dose tonight and I got some okay effects, like that of a very small dose of suboxone. but im barely high now, a little. i know it works but it wont when im shotting. do I have to add acid to it to get it to dissolve or something?

also it smells like vinegar and tastes gross as fuck...the drainage reminds me of opiate drainage.

If you are getting higher from snorting than IV'ing you are doing something seriously wrong.. though I'm not sure what that is.. could be a lot of things.

The dope sounds like it's just shit.. Though the fact that your friend got high off of the same batch and you didn't even though you IV'ed is a bit odd.. It's possible that even in the same batch purity can vary but.. still. Maybe your friend was just over exaggerating how high he felt? Or like I said before, you're doing something wrong when trying to inject.

Maybe give us a break down of what you are specifically doing, every step from the time you take the dope out of the bag to attempting to inject it. Then we can see if there is some major flaw in your preparation or IV technique.

get the tar off the bag. put it in the spoon and add probably 40-60 units, just depends how the solution looks. I stir it around with the plunger. add a little heat but not very much (sometimes the shit looks like it separates. brown shit will kind of glob in a bunch of tiny piece at the bottom if i heat it long enough). if i let it sit for a few seconds it looks like theres little floaties. anyway, I mix it until it looks like everything is disolved then quickly draw it up through a cotton filter. the shot is a yellow-golden color. shoot it up, nothing. the botton of the cotton has some brown shit on it and sometimes it looks like the little things that were floating are still in the spoon after ive drawn it up.. i snorted a dose last night and definitely got high so idk whats up

Here's an idea. Until you can get someone that knows what they're doing and are trustworthy to shoot you up, stick to blowing it. You're obviously doing something wrong. Go look on erowid and go to the heroin vault. There will be a ton of guides on how to safely and effectively inject.

I dont see what I could be doing wrong. Heroin, an opiate, should be water soluble as all opiates are supposed to be. H HCl dissolves fine but is it possible that tar is freebase?

definitely sounds like you are getting shit dope.

I generally stick to the rule of never shoot shit unless I know how good it is.

smoke it off some foil or blow it man.

Good dealers with good shit let the product speak for itself and then watch the fiends come running.. No need to say anything before the sale. If it's good.. we'll fucking know it. Hah.