• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Loperamide mixed with tramadol and oxycodone may be depressing my CNS? Help!

DarkFlame

Bluelighter
I feel very slight respiratory depression.

There is another thread here that summarizes my exact situation except he only took 6MG. I expected to be sick and took 12mg of loperamide about 14 hours ago. I took 75mg of tramadol 12 hours ago, half a beer 4 hours ago, and 60mg of oxycodone IR 2 hours ago (when I was finally able to obtain it).

I know I should not be mixing like this! I never do, I just thought I was going to be sick all night and drank the half beer out of being polite.

Anyway, over the past two weeks I've waned down my tolerance of 240mg of single-oral-daily-dose every day after work, to 120mg, and then finally to about 50-70mg within the last 3 days, all with slight discomfort.

Needless to say, I am ROCKED right now. Oh, and I also forgot to mention I had a little (edible) marijuana a few hours ago so it could be causing paranoia?

Should I seek medical attention? I took the oxycodone about 2 hours ago and not only am i going to be SUPER constipated, I don't want it to depress my CNS. Hopefully the timelines are OK, since I took everything so far apart... I don't even want to know if I'm at risk for a tramadol seizure since I mixed without thinking...HELP.

P.S.

I'm extremely thirsty still after 5 glasses of water, AND I have a bit of nausea..

Last edited:
I do apologize, but I found your post (timeline of events, your current tolerances, etc) slightly hard to follow.

I think you should call someone (friend, significant other, family member, etc) to come over and stay with you for a little bit. Should things slide south, they can be the one to seek medical attention for you. If this isn't feasible, just pay attention to how you're feeling without freaking yourself out over it (easier said than done), if you begin feeling any worse, seek medical attention.

From what I gathered from your post, I do think you'll be alright. But it's always better safe than sorry. Lope will not add any respiratory depression and the Tramadol, at that dosage and with your tolerance, shouldn't either. Marijuana doesn't cause appreciable depression.

But like I said, I'm a bit unclear of some of the circumstances, so play it safe. Please call someone to sit with you for a while. I think the likely situation here is the marijuana causing anxiety (and anxiety can mimic the sensation of respiratory depression as the muscles in your chest tighten), but I can't, of course, say that with complete certainty.

Although I enjoy the combo, weed (even a tiny amount, ie, a hit or two) and Oxy usually triggers a panic attack in me and it can for many people.

Last edited:
Thank you for the feedback, I'm alone at my parents house in a foreign country where I know nobody. It sucks, but I'd literally have to wake them up and explain this. This isnt an option, I'm just going to stay up as long as I can and force myself to breath if necessary. Its so tough. I'm afraid I'll go to sleep and never wake up...

Sorry for the unorganized info dump, I'll try and do better.

Thank you for the feedback, I'm alone at my parents house in a foreign country where I know nobody. It sucks, but I'd literally have to wake them up and explain this. This isnt an option, I'm just going to stay up as long as I can and force myself to breath if necessary. Its so tough. I'm afraid I'll go to sleep and never wake up...

Sorry for the unorganized info dump, I'll try and do better.

If this is how you're feeling physically then you absolutely need to seek medical attention.

That sounded a bit dramatic, it is not that difficult. My nose is clogged too. I feel confident since so much time has passed I highly doubt that this will kill me if I wait 2 more hours to fall asleep.

Btw, Saosin rocks.