• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Scary cocaine experience, looking for opinion.

Ektor

Bluelighter
Today i did a bit of cocaine, the strange thin is that i started to feel bad and overdose like symptoms, with panic attack and the most horrendous tachycardia i have ever experienced it seemed to me at the moment that my heart rate was like 160-180 bpm (i misured it later when i felt better and it was still120), im not sure cause i was outside and i couldnt measure it properly.

Any way, here there are the specifics, 22yr, male, seriously underweight 50kg, methadone maintenance 20 mg/die.

what i did where 3 medium sized lines of bout 70mg each in the timespan of a couple hours, i popped 0,25 mg xanax before the experience because i find that it usually alleviates some anxiety that comes with coke.
I had to wait the train to go home and when home i took half a clonidine pill and a little bump of k to smooth my mind also, after all that i am fine now and feeling good, happy it all went safely.

The strange thing about this cocaine is that i didnt even feel much of a comedown between the lines, as i usually do. I wander if it is possible that it is because this coke is cut with amphetamine, which has a longer half life, so maybe i just added more coke to the amph still present in blood and had a minor overdose. Is it really that common to cut cocaine with other active stimulants like amph or it is just an urban legend??

Was it smart to use the clonidine to get rid of the unpleasent extreme stimulatory side effects of cocaine/unpure random stimulant mix?

P.S. i would like to start a thread later in time about getting rid of the side effects and possibly even some risk of stimulants through sympatholytics.

Blessings, be safe and TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!! :p :D

What is your BP like sober?

Cocaine is known to cause hightened BP even with infrequent use; I was reading a thread about this somewhere on the forums. Probably in DITM.

I can speak from years of stimulant abuse....Sometimes it grips me with mortal terror and panic and makes my heart rate shoot through the roof! It seems to be completely random....It just happens....It may not be an actual overdose, but it can't be safe! Once I zero in on what's happening with me physically, I'm done! This usually happens more often when I'm alone getting high!

Maybe you can't handle it, I know I'm better off without that shit!

Sounds like a panic attack. Panic attacks DURING a cocaine comedown are fucking terrifying. I remember my first one, was my 5th time doing coke but before I'd only done like 250mgs over a night out, but this time I'd done at the time by far the most I'd ever done, like 1.5gs, most of that between 5-10am after the club tho. Me n my friend who was dealing coke at that time were like fucking pacman snorting all those yellow bumps, lol kidding but every 10 mins he'd set us booth up a FAT line every time lol, at least 125 mg each line which prior to this was half of wut I'd do usually over a whole night. So like a half gram each at 11am, we just to the driving range n the sun is shining and I'm high as fuck and BAM. Never felt a feel so horrible in my life, I suddenly completely panicked and truly felt impending doom was incoming and I just felt so terrible I doubt I could have even cried, I felt like crawling in a whole and Dieing. I'd never had this happen before with coke or tbh id never felt so dysphoric in my life. And since then, I have a horrible comedown with similar symptoms too what I described every time I do coke.

Unless I have A LOT of booze for just before I comedown or if I could just space my lines out , far apart during the night and only regular lines 40-50mgs. But I just had no control, I'd get high and then do line after line again tryna feel even more euphoric and then ofc i'd have another fucking suicidal feeling comedown (I never considered suicide lol but srsly they were Sooo bad".

And that's y I quit, clean from coke since july23rd :)

This happens to me most of the times i do coke, and as always it comes out of no where with no warning. Which is one of the reasons i don't do coke anymore, it's too risky. Why pay for something that will cause you to have an anxiety attack a lot of the time. That and the euphoria isn't that great.

^Yeah, for me, if I do coke, it's a virtual guarantee I'm gonna end up miserable one way or the other! It's just that way with some people! Some people can enjoy it, some people can't! I can't!

I have much better success with amphetamines, but the same thing still happens more often than I want it to....Besides coffee. I just don't think I'm a "stimulant guy", sad to say!

As long as your heart rate doesnt exceed 140, you are fine. I doubt your heart rate reached near that because that is when bad side-effects happen, tachycardia, heart-attack, ect.. The xanax definitely helps; even though it was a small dosage, the alparazolam affected your body in a positive manner depsite not feeling psychological effects....Your coke probably had some stronger cuts like meth, or a reasearch chem, but i am only speculating as no one can tell for sure what was in your coke. Try buying from someone else and if you get another panic attack then you know that your body doesnt handle coke well and advises you not to do anymore coke,

Beta blockers must not be used in the treatment of cocaine, amphetamine, or other alpha adrenergic stimulant overdose. The blockade of only beta receptors increases hypertension, reduces coronary blood flow, left ventricular function, and cardiac output and tissue perfusion by means of leaving the alpha adrenergic system stimulation unopposed. The appropriate antihypertensive drugs to administer during hypertensive crisis resulting from stimulant abuse are vasodilators like nitroglycerin, diuretics like furosemide and alpha blockers like phentolamine.
This would seem to recommend certain vasodilators for the treatment of a stimulant overdose, which is the case. However those medications can cause many undesirable side effects of their own, and may outweigh the side-effects one was originally trying to relieve - For a person simply trying to relieve unwanted stimulant side-effects, I myself wouldn't recommend self-medication with vasodilators.

It seems there is a general consensus which agrees that benzodiazepines can be used successfully (and often are used in emergency room visits when a patient is panicking from stimulant side-effects). Benzodiazepines are GABAnergic, and reduce the overall stimulation in the brain particularily in the areas which some amphetamine side-effects are caused. Possible benzodiazepines that would treat side-effects include diazepam (Valium), alprazolam (Xanax), Lorazepam (Ativan), or Clonazepam (Klonopin). Benzodiazepines are generally safe to use if the only drug a person is experiencing side effects from are stimulants such as amphetamine, however this is not always the case. Is it agreed upon by you pharmacology-enthusiasts here, that benzodiazepines are a relatively safe medication to use in treatment of stimulant side effects?

Last edited:
^In all my experience, thats generally what they give you if you're "freaking out" on amphetamines....2mg lorazepam

This happens to me most of the times i do coke, and as always it comes out of no where with no warning. Which is one of the reasons i don't do coke anymore, it's too risky. Why pay for something that will cause you to have an anxiety attack a lot of the time. That and the euphoria isn't that great.

Yerp, it comes out of fucking nowhere. Only decent way to combat it IMO is an opiate for the comedown. I find benzos for me personally only make it slightly better but I still feel shitty. Opiates however, you land on a cloud of euphoria.

This happened to me once. Railed three fat lines in the morning right before school. Started walking there with heavy backpack when it started hitting me. Man, so dumb in retrospect but I realized what that combination must have been doing to my heart and then of course that thought alone shot it up even higher. I honestly thought I was dead in those few moments. My heart was going faster than I thought it was possible to beat, almost no pause. Panic and lightheadedness set in, combined with being outside and away from a place to sit made this absolutely terrifying. I had my phone open waiting to dial 911.

I found a crappy place to sit eventually and waited until I could move at all. I had to walk baby steps to nearest building over a long period of time and when I finally sat down inside, my hands were shaking so much I couldn't hold on to a bottle if water and I had to sit for three full hours not moving for it to subside enough to carry on as normal.

I would not wish that experience on my worst enemy. This situation was stupid, being away from home but I have come to learn since then than drugs don't really cause panic attacks - your mind does. You really can train yourself to realize that if you stay calm, you will feel calm every time. It's mind over matter and definitely doesn't happen overnight. Of course drugs like stims will always make them more likely by raising adrenaline but it still is ultimately about keeping control of your mind.

Thank you a lot to you all my far away friends!!! So it seems that the experience i had was not that uncommon, and that the sense of impending doom doesnt necessarily imply that the end is close.
My normal blood pressure is pretty low when sober, like 55-100, however my first concern was not blood pressure but my heart rate, it was surely more than 120 cause i measured it by hand and it seemed a lot faster than when i measured electronically later, chances are it was at least a little faster than 120.
I am not addicted to benzos and i don even like them so much by themselves, they give me a lot of dishinibition and make me want a lot to do other drugs they turn me in a stims fiend.
Clonidine is NOT a beta blocker, it is an alpha2 autoreceptor agonist, that is supposed to lower your sympathetic tone and cathecolamine blood level, as well as increasing vagus nerve tone, it is used in ADHD patients on amphetamines by night to help them sleep with really few side effects, i wander if it is safe as well with cocaine, i think so, but there are not studies confirming this. Has anyone ever seen one?

^It's a blood pressure medication prescribed off-label for a lot of other things, opiate withdrawal, ADD....It's not a benzo but has anxiolytic properties....It's a unique drug...I don't know how it interacts with cocaine....

if there was meth in there it should of burned pretty bad, most research chems are known for not being pleasant to bump as well, and RC's are usually done in doses of 2-10 mgs... sounds like it was some stuff that was more pure then you are accustomed to, and it kind of snuk up on you.

And that's y I quit, clean from coke since july23rd :)

That's fucking awesome dude! I remember you were hitting it pretty hard too. I quit using coke around the same time actually, more around the beginning of July, but yeah, it's fucking hard to give up. Some people only feel a strong 'pull' towards cocaine for a day or so, but for me, I go through several periods of the day where I think about it, and there have been a couple times if I'm honest, where I actually almost did go out and pick up-but for some reason or another, I wasn't able to, and I'm thankful for it.

As for the OP, what you described honestly sounds like what I went through on any given night of IV cocaine use. Blow is just a short acting drug that usually causes people to redose over and over again, and leaves them with a horrible fucking crash. Having a panic attack is definitely not uncommon. To be honest, the only safe way to go about coming down from coke is to keep yourself hydrated, and if you can, distract yourself with something like a movie. Of course in the past when I was a major coke head, I would shoot a speedball with my last shot of coke, or take a handful of benzo's, but then you're adding another drug into your system, and when your on stimulants, its very easy to misjudge how much of any given CNS Depressant you should take, as a dose that might normally have you stoned, won't (due to the stimulation), yet to take higher dosages can result in respiratory depression. I also found that sometimes benzodiazepines can intensify the manic paranoia which can occur from using shitloads of stimulants. This happened to me when I was using both MDPV and Phenazepam, and resulted in a very ugly conclusion.

There are many times when I blew all my cash on coke and had nothing to soften the crash and what I'd do is lay on my bed without any covers (as you become incredibly hot and sweaty when coming off of stimulants) and have a huge glass of water by my side. I swear to god, keeping yourself hydrated makes a huge fucking difference.