• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids You! Figure out my taper with my stash! Help!

DarkFlame

Bluelighter
Ok so just a little bg: I'm 26 with a single-dose-a-day oral oxycodone habit, usually at night after work. I'm about 20-30 pounds overweight. I've taken as high as 240mg in a single dose to get destroyed. I cut that down and now I'm on day 3 of around 80mg. Here is what I've have at my disposal:

250 mg of oxycodone: 100mg ER and 150mg IR ( 1.25 80mg OP and 5 30mg roxi)
30 mg of methadone (3x10mg pills)
67 mg of codeine ( 13.5 5/500 Apap's)
Unlimited tramadol
6x325 Soma's
6mg of Xanax
200mg Valium
A ton of extra strong weed brownies.
L-Tyrosine
Loperamide

So I brought all this overseas and need to spend the next 2 weeks with my family and parents going to the beach and spending time at family parties.

I'm about 24 hours in since my last dose and im beginning to feel real restless. How do you guys think I should break it down to make this as easy as possible?

Thanks!

With all this shit at your disposal it should be easy a hell to avoid going through w/ds and be able to act normally for 2 weeks. You kneed info on how to avoid a bad situation/w/ds with all this?

If you can't not be dope sick with all this go to rehab asap.

Last edited:
For an 80mg a day oxy habit... you have a ton of shit.. Hah.

You could break it down in any number of ways... You could start decreasing your oxy dose by 25% or so each day and probably be able to kick just doing that. Or you could taper to as low of an oxy dose you can get to then just use the benzos to deal with the symptoms... Or if you have unlimited tramadol you can set yourself up on just a typical opiate detox protocol with that. It's not very strong but since you were only doing 80mg's of oxy a day it would probably work well.

See what I mean? Many different possibilities with the amount of shit you have.

Dude, I get that. I'm not worried about being sick as much as I am doing the best concoctions of all this shit to make it the best scenario possible.

I can't do the reduce every third day or else I'll run out of oxycodone. Today i the morning I took 20MG OP and 30MG IR, I feel a lot better but I'm gonna throw in a valium to take the edge off.

I just want best practices here and how YOU would do it if you were in my exact same shoes.

With all this shit at your disposal it should be easy a hell to avoid going through w/ds and be able to act normally for 2 weeks. You kneed info on how to avoid a bad situation/w/ds with all this?

If you can't not be dope sick with all this go to rehab asap.

For an 80mg a day oxy habit... you have a ton of shit.. Hah.

You could break it down in any number of ways... You could start decreasing your oxy dose by 25% or so each day and probably be able to kick just doing that. Or you could taper to as low of an oxy dose you can get to then just use the benzos to deal with the symptoms... Or if you have unlimited tramadol you can set yourself up on just a typical opiate detox protocol with that. It's not very strong but since you were only doing 80mg's of oxy a day it would probably work well.

See what I mean? Many different possibilities with the amount of shit you have.

Yep, but how would you do it exactly? Other than the 25% How would your mixes go?

Yep, but how would you do it exactly? Other than the 25% How would your mixes go?

Well it's really not a good idea at all to be mixing benzos and opiates. It's pretty dangerous.. so I personally would ween as far down as I could on the opiates and then switch to the benzos.

Maybe I'm confused.. are you trying to get clean? Or are you just trying to make these drugs last for 2 weeks and then start again?

It's hard to give you an exact answer, man, seeing that there really is no one correct answer. Regardless, you do indeed have a pretty fantastic drug-kit for attempting to come off of opiates. That said, are you trying to detox and quit fully? Or are you just looking to try and make it through the two weeks feeling as good as possible, then resume taking oxy when you get back from vacation? The answer to this question really changes things.

Since you have unlimited tramadol, you should certainly be able to minimize the withdrawals successfully. Just be careful with taking tramadol daily, as the withdrawals from it can be pretty hellacious due to the anti-depressant effect of the drug.

Unlimited tramadol should be all you need. That and maybe some benzos.

Maybe quick taper off the oxy, take the methadone then switch to tramadol with benzos to sleep. Maybe throw in a weed brownie if your fiending.

My goal is to be done completely. I will probably crack here and there way later down the line but I want to be clean for the most part. I know that is not the right mindset to have, but at least I'm being honest about it.

My goal is to be done completely. I will probably crack here and there way later down the line but I want to be clean for the most part. I know that is not the right mindset to have, but at least I'm being honest about it.

The mindset is good.
Thinking that one can never take a drug again can very well be a psychological reason not to stop.

Don't think about the "crack(relapse) here or there way later down the line", it puts too much pressure on your main goal today.

BL will be here, so if/when you get a thought to use again, just come here first and we can cross that bridge together.