• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Any problems from taking small daily does of DXM for opiate tolerance?

truvision

Bluelighter
So I've been taking daily doses of DXM from about 45-60 mg a day for potentiation and to help keep my tolerance to down.I've been doing that for about a little over a week now with good success but have also heard that there can actually be withdrawals from dxm as well.Should I lay off the dxm for a bit? Even though its a low dose I really dont want to deal with a dxm withdrawal on top of the inevitable opiate withdrawal when I stop.

Nmda antagonism only.keeps tolerance at bay, and does not decrease tolerance. I'm not saying you said that, I was pointing it out
Well at those doses dxm has minimal nmda blocking efficiency and thus is not.the best choice, but it will do the trick. Try addjng in magnesium supplements for extra benefits.

You are taking a low dose and you shouldn't have withdrawal, maybe a slight snri discontinuation syndrome which is what the pharm companies say instead of wd. But it really shouldn't be that bad for you.

It would be a good idea to take a break often especially if you take.dxm in the form of syrups because the dyea and sugars in them are not good for your digestive system Nd liver.

You'll be fine. I would rotate on and off every other 2 weeks. Like do 2 weeks then stop for 1-2 weeks, ect...

I actually found taking a second plateau or high first plateau dose 12-24 hrs before I took my oxy or heroin worked the best. Like 200-300mgs a good 6 or 8 or 12 hours before, and on the comedown take I'd takebthe opiate and the sensation was.spectacular

I wouldn't mess with DXM personally. But that's me. I have my reasons.

As for your tolerance, if you're not PHYSICALLY addicted to opiates at this point in time, then just stop them for a while. Even after 3 days you may notice an increase in effectiveness with your normal dosage.

Then, obviously, you can always up your dose or switch to intake methods, i.e. go from ingestion to snorting.

GL

i don't think there is much of an issue taking DXM daily at a low dose, it has shown antidepressant properties at low doses. There's also a trip report in the TR section about a person who used low dose DXM daily, which is incredibly interesting. I've had my fair share of dxm and never noticed any real withdrawal from it. I didnt use it for 6 months every day or anything but high doses 4-5 times a week for a few months and no real issue quitting it.

I have actually been taking magnesium with it also so thats good but I think rotating def might be a good idea. I think Ill take a couple weeks off of it also.Ive never done anything higher other than say 75 mg because I was too chicken and glad I did cause I felt pretty sick the next day when I did that.I figure maybe Im one of those who might not have the enzyme needed to fully metabolize it, not sure though. Ive been scared to go any higher since because of that.I can handle up to 60mg though..well then again most could right?8)

Unfortunately, yea I am addicted to opiates right now. I've got another post on here about loperamide withdrawal that Ive currently been going through. I went from kratom to lope to lortab just to get off the lope and still feeling withdrawals from the loperamide even through the lortab. When I was taking high doses of loperamide(which was really just by accident long story though) I got the idea to start taking dxm because I was afraid of the tolerance that Ive heard that can actually come from loperamide better know as immodium.

Ill look that TR seport up. Couldnt find anything about daily doses on here but wasnt sure where to look. Thanks all!

I take 300mg of chelated magnesium glycinate and about 45-60mg of DXM on days that I use amphetamine. I have been doing this for about a year and I haven't noticed any problems.

Thanks thats what Ive been doing but not for a year, only couple weeks. Thats good to know you havnt had any problems with doing that. How many days a week do to use the amp?

DXM long term, much like ketamine, can cause bladder problems even if taken in low doses. They are of the same type of drug - and personally on any dose of DXM over 10mg I can't piss for a few hours up to two days. To me that suggests problems could occur.

Chelated magnesium and zinc is the best way to go IMO. I take 500-600mg chelated mag at night, and have done for the past 3 months with no ill effects, it actually seems helpful in keeping my tolerance down and sedating me at night.

Thanks syn,since I'm pretty sensitive to side effects and stuff all around that's good to know. Since that's healthy for you as well it cant hurt.