• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone dosage recomendation

samy1126

Greenlighter
I have been perscribed Vicodin 500's and I under it is only 5mg hydrocodone. I was a very active cannabis user. Smoking at least a gram a week usually 2-3. I have only tried Adderall and Ambien (no not at the same time)(&both on prescription) i have a few questions that hours of searching has not solved .

1. Given the following information how much of the Vicodin must one consume to have decent euphoria. : 19 yr Male 230lbs, no history of opiate usage, at least within 9 years.

2.Which of the following would be the most effective way for someone to consume the Vicodin : swallow / chew and swallow/ parachuting

3.How long should someone expect to feel the effects?

Last edited:
Please edit your post to remove the SWIMs :)

Anyway, those other substances you mentioned (Adderall, Ambien, cannabis, etc) aren't cross tolerant with hydrocodone.

Parachuting is the quickest way to get hydrocodone into your system. Vicodin has APAP (Tylenol, acetaminophen, APAP) in it and as a result chewing the tablets tastes absolutely horrible. I would break them in two and swallow them like that or parachute them.

As far as starting dosages go, I would say go anywhere from 10-15mg for your first time. The real limiting factor when it comes to preparations like Vicodin, Norco, Lortab, Percocet and the like is they contain APAP which is toxic to your liver in large amounts. Do not consume more than 3000mg or so APAP at one time and you don't want to consume more than 4000mg in a 24 hour period. 15mg of hydrocodone from Vicodin means 1500mg APAP which is safe. If you end up needing more (for your first time you won't want to take more than 20mg hydrocodone), look up how to do a Cold Water Extraction (CWE) on the tablets to remove the APAP.