• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Insufflation of caffeine pills?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooseantlers

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever tried this? What is it like? Is the buzz more intense? How much does it hurt?

If it is in pill form firstly see if there is a layer around the outside of the pill that could need scraping off before you attempt to snort. I would personally only snort pure caffeine powder but would give a buzz, i think its highest bioavaliablity is sublingually.

Not to mention the sheer amount of powder that would come from such a tablet. We're talking on the order of a half gram. I think only the pure stuff would come into consideration.

I didn't ask to be told not to do it, I asked to be told what it does. The only pointless thing here is your post.

you just got told. =D

sniffing them will also be less effective, even if the bio availability was the same due to the masses of binders that would clog it up too.

Sounds like a waste. If you are going to sniff something, might as well make it something worth it. Else your damaging your nose for no real benefit. Essentially you are wasting your nose little by little for nothing and thats just disrespectful to your body.

OR alternatively

If you are doing caffeine instead of destroying your life on meth for example you could avoid any serious addiction issues and come back here one day and mock all of us who gave you shit for snorting caffeine and who now live as meth zombies and traveling circus freaks and show them all that you where right, you survived and thrived and have come to finally claim your reward, that last loud gratifying laugh, as you walk away triumphant.

Just saying, caffeine has pros and cons like everything else i guess.

As mentioned, caffeine has a really good oral BA so there isn't really too much to gain from snorting caffeine pills. If you're dead set on snorting it, get some pure caffeine powder so you won't have to worry about all the fillers in the pills. It will probably still hurt though :/

don't snort caffeine, it will do nothing but irritate your nose. you will regret it.

caffeine is an essentially ideal drug in terms of its absorbtion orally. essentially most of the dose is absorbed within 20 minutes.

Whats wrong with oral? I honestly feel caffeine instantly when drinking coffee.

Caffeine taken orally on an empty stomach starts to takes effect in under 10 minutes, it is an incredibly fast-acting drug relative to its oral ROA.

I suspect GHB's lactones and Kava-Kava's kavalactones also kick in almost instantly when taken orally.

OP, here's a little rule of thumb to follow: if a drug takes more than an hour to feel anything, which includes taking you out of physical withdrawal, only THEN does it make sense to plug or insufflated.
^ A little example: codeine and hydrocodone, oral is the way to go... buprenorphine, on the other hand, makes sense to insufflate or plug over sublingual roa. Also, always look up different ROA's bioavailabilities before using a new ROA, since the change in BA can be immense (for example, bupe has a ~33% BA when taken sublingually, but ~98% BA when taken rectally).

Doesn't caffeine work on SNS only and essentially mimic a good dose of comedown, anxiety and panic. Beyond masochistic behavior whats the point?

snorting caffeine pills is pointless and juvenile! Are you even serious? If so, I'm sorry! Drink coffee or move on to something worthy of being snorted! just plain ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.