• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV meth need help

Brandasaur

Bluelighter
So Im picking up 2 points today. Now I usually would just smoke a .2 bowl but I want to try shooting it. Smoking these two points just isn't going to get me high enough. So do I just get my dope, walk into a pharmacy and say "Hey I need a 29g insulin syringe"? And I need help shooting. Im going to shoot into my left hand, how do I tell the difference between an artery and a vein? I don't want to die today so your guys' help is much appreciated :) Also, how is the high/rush from IV meth compared to smoked?

Shooting up in your hands hurts like s bitch and it is hard mot to tremble. Go for plugging man, its a lot safe and you still get effects close to iv

You're making a seriously big decision.. the switch to IV is a potential/probable life altering decision.. All the information you need is on this site and on google but... we cant be there to psychically guide you into injecting properly and that is pretty much what needs to happen if you want to do it right. Do you not have anybody who is an experienced IV user who can show you first hand?

Stay away from meth. I tried it back in april and ended in the hospital for 3 days. That shit is horrible. My blood pressure was 210/100. I'll never forget that night. Meth, Adderal, Vyvanse, Ritilan, and all that speed shit is just a road to a heart attack. 3 friends of mine have pasts from meth overdoses. Just trying to help.

Shooting meth becomes the ruin of a lot of users. For me it never felt THAT much better than smoking. But for some users I knew, it pushed their habit to a different level. Similar to switching from snorting heroin to shooting it.
If you are gonna boot it, don't use your hand. The veins look nice and big, but they have a tendency to roll. Plus there's nerves and littler veins all mixed in there. Not as bad as your foot, but still bad.
Chances are you're gonna miss. No offense. It just happens a lot in the hands and this being your first time....
Missing a meth shot is wasteful and painful. My extensive experience with shooting dope has led me to basically never use my hands. Even if you do hit, hands have a tendency to swell temporarily. Not something you want to walk around with.
Use the tried and true spots. Crook of the arm is as simple as it gets. There's a very helpful how-to in this forum. Be careful with that shit.

Arteries have light pinkish blood. Veins have typical, dark red blood. Familiarize yourself with the "tried and true" area you're gonna use and you should be fine in regards to avoiding a artery. Don't shoot in your wrists, neck, groin, etc....
There's threads in this forum on what to do in the off chance that you do enter a artery. Worth reading up. Shooting into a artery can be disastrous.
I'm not sure how much I can say as far as telling you how you can acquire syringes... With pharmacies in the states, it's just a matter of finding one that will sell someone insulin syringes without a prescription. They're around, but harder and harder to find. What you plan to say is fine, provided they're willing to sell them.
We also have needle exchanges in most every large to decent sized city. Any and all info involving a local exchange should be available online. Those are your best bet. IME, I've always been treated kindly and left well supplied. Not just with rigs but with alcohol swabs, ampules of purified water, cookers, disposal boxes, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the link in my signature for the IV complications thread as well. There is some good info there. But like I said before... there is no substitute to being shown what to do first hand.

don't use your hand, use a short and thin needle, I like 31g 5/16th inch 1 ML. knowing exactly what type of needle you want makes the pharmacy stop much less painful and much faster. practice with water, preferably sterile saline before you bang up. I've had good results with my cephalic, big juicy vein easy to hit. good luck, don't push the plunger until you are absolutely certain you're in a vein. never reuse a syringe, if you must clean it thoroughly and don't reuse it more then thrice.

Could someone please help me!! My boyfriends and i started using meth about 9 months agpo, ( well i did it 6 years ago and just snorted it and my ex is serving the last 6 of his 12 year sentence) so Im no newbie but my boyfriend is extreme at everything he does so.....his buddies starting helping him...well yeah shooting it up for him about 6 months ago...I was furious but anyways now we dont hang with any of them and he cant do it by himsef....he has like 6 times but now he cant , he only uses the crook of the elbow and it is all bruised and hard but he needs me to do it....and i have NO CLUE what to do!! But to be honest I would like to learn....im not gonna lie...ive been shot up like 4 times and loved it but stopped so please someone give me a page or something guide, some STEP by Step to help.....PLEASE...thanks

^^

Read our IV megathread linked in my signature. There are also many threads where that topic has been discussed at length here. Use the BL search feature.

But realistically, you should never try and IV somebody if you have no clue what you are doing. You could end up seriously hurting him. Tell him to use a different ROA. IV'ing is not something you can just pick up like that.. it's not so simple as, here's a step by step guide, now you know how to IV.. doesn't work that way.

Probably already beeen stated. But for fuck sake, your hand? You'd cause a more noticable track and most likely miss your shot as those veins tiny. Use the crook of your arm. Im an IV user and the thought of using my hand makes me cringe.

Probably already beeen stated. But for fuck sake, your hand? You'd cause a more noticable track and most likely miss your shot as those veins tiny. Use the crook of your arm. Im an IV user and the thought of using my hand makes me cringe.
I once used my foot. Didn't work out all that well for neither of the two feet. I ended up wearing sneakers for over a week during a really hot summer.