• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How long estimated until I can get high again? (Opiates)

kronedog

Bluelighter
Hey guys, so I broke my foot about 4 weeks ago by running a car over my foot from being a complete fool and blacked out on a Xanax + Alcohol binge. Trust me I learned my lesson... Never again.

Anyways, I've been prescribed Roxicodone 5mg and I've been taking them both for pain and for recreational use. Within the first few weeks I noticed an extreme tolerance change as 20mg would make me nod out the first week, and a week later after continuous use I had to take 60-100mg + to even feel remotely close to that. I'm well aware how opiates work as I once struggled with a heroin addiction years ago but this is the first time I've messed with opiates since then so my tolerance was basically at zero. I've stopped taking my Roxicodones and am basically safekeeping them right now. I'm currently still using Tramadol for pain but honestly it doesn't do much, and I'm not using the Tram to get high by any means.

My question is, how long estimated do you think I should wait for my tolerance to go down? My tolerance skyrocketed within a few weeks of use and it scared me a bit which is why I stopped. I do not want to get addicted to opiates again and yeah, I know I'm playing with fire. Also if it matters, I snort the pills as an fyi. I love the high from Roxi's and would love to get that nice warm feeling from only like 15-20mg and not having to crush up a million pills like a fiend.

Thanks again.

Your tolerance will never be 0 again. When you take a break from opiates and start abusing them again, your tolerance will skyrocket due to your previous use. You will have to wait at least 2-3 months to get a decent high from opiates again.

It's stupid really that you've now got no meds to help ease the pain of your broken foot. The tramadol won't really work (as you've said) and you're not just playing with matches now you're playing with a lit one next to a gas stove that's on and fuming. Seriously, don't do it. You'll end up in the worse place in the world again.

I suggest you throw the pills away. Get rid of the roxy.

Your tolerance will never be 0 again. When you take a break from opiates and start abusing them again, your tolerance will skyrocket due to your previous use. You will have to wait at least 2-3 months to get a decent high from opiates again.

It's stupid really that you've now got no meds to help ease the pain of your broken foot. The tramadol won't really work (as you've said) and you're not just playing with matches now you're playing with a lit one next to a gas stove that's on and fuming. Seriously, don't do it. You'll end up in the worse place in the world again.

I suggest you throw the pills away. Get rid of the roxy.

This. I got prescribed Tramadol last night for my chronic pain from scoliosis and am nervous about taking them for the very reason that opiates are highly addictive, and don't want to be, as you say, a pill snorting fiend. If its easy enough for you to get, get some marijuana and vape it for a broken foot. I broke my foot years back and that's all I used.