• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Can a confidential informant use drugs during a controlled buy???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about all states, but a long time friend is a police officer in Texas. He used to be on the narc squad. I asked him this very question. He told me the way they do it with a controlled buy is they get the person to buy off the suspected dealer a bunch of times over a 2-3 month period. No audio or video recording. They report to the detectives before and after the buys and deliver the drugs. This over a few months time is enough for a search warrant. Like doors kicked in search at 5 in the morning kind of thing.

Anyways to answer your question yes. They can.

a cops not supposed to do drugs, but a CI, it doesnt matter! I got set up and did 9 months years ago! It was a CI....From the time he did the "controlled buy" until the time I got busted was about 4 months! In thosse 4 months, the fuckin CI got me drugs and got high with me like 10 times....It's grimey, but some people only think about there own lives, not the lives they fuck up by rattin on people....I could see snitchin if you're looking at 20 years, but this bitch snitched on me just to avoid the felony! what a fuckin pussy!! Now it's on my record! What makes your life any more imporatant than mine? You wanna do felony drugs, expect felony charges, or stick to fuckin weed and booze!!!

This is an absurd amount of over-thinking a very simple idea. If you don't want to go to jail for cannabis, don't live in a state that explicitly says you cannot use it? Just my 2 cents.

over thinking?

dude says cops showed up 15 mins after kid left

sounds pretty logical to me

granted i took a few too many xanax n that 'paragraph' lost me a few times on the way but i dont see why u wouldnt be thinkin snitch when cops show up 15 minds later after a sketchy dude comes thru

i mean coincedences do happen but imo op has every right to be worried n very well should be, cops came to you for a reason, maybe you conduct sloppy business op maybe it was coincidence but yea be careful man

I know undercover officers are allowed to use drugs when on a job

I didn't know this
I always thought law enforcement, undercover or not, are forbidden to do drugs or take part in anything that's like a felony tier crime...

A cop technically can't...an informant can...thats not to say a cop won't...by the time it gets to court it's your word against theirs....who's the judge gonna believe>!

A cop technically can't...an informant can...thats not to say a cop won't...by the time it gets to court it's your word against theirs....who's the judge gonna believe>!

I don't understand why everyone says "It's YOUR word against theirs"
In some cases, that may be true, however, there are lawyers and such, ya know?

I didn't know this
I always thought law enforcement, undercover or not, are forbidden to do drugs or take part in anything that's like a felony tier crime...

They can and will then in court they will either deny it strait up or hit the judge with some bullshit about faking drug abuse. Judges look the other way unless they have a compelling reason not too. And even if you got a great lawyer private detective combo and tripped them up into having to admit they used drugs so what? It doesnt change the fact that you are on tape or recording selling drugs.

Well i guess it does very state to state i had this guy ask his uncle who is a narc detective, he said That when a controlled buy is going down and they have video and or audio the ci is to discuss the amount that is being purchased and show up with that amount no more no less which is why he is searched before and after the controlled buy.

When cops wanted me to be a CI they specifically told me to 'keep using. Don't do anything different. If you get in trouble with the law just have them call us'. Or something along those lines. Not only can a CI do whatever but imo its encouraged.

BTW I never snitched, I got a lawyer and left the state. That was like 5 years ago...lol.

Edit: also they'll want at least 2 buys with a CI, most likely in a public place. That part is important, the detectives told me they didn't want to send me into a dangerous situation, so they really like parking lots/public places for buys.

Ugh bad memories. Someone snitched on me...it fucked up my whole life. I dropped out of university, quit my job, moved halfway across the country. I never got charged but damn that fucked my life up.

Last edited:
Edit: also they'll want at least 2 buys with a CI, most likely in a public place. That part is important, the detectives told me they didn't want to send me into a dangerous situation, so they really like parking lots/public places for buys.

I wouldn't say that was always the case though. The only time I know of a CI being used around here was in a really remote area, where every person there had a pistol on them. That guy really could have gotten shot especially since the dealer he got arrested killed someone a few months prior.

yes they can. this girl tried to set up my buddy just so they could look for someone to pop and the 2 kids were being bought pills by the cops to maintain their addictions the whole time. such a backwards and fucked up system. heres some drugs for ya, eat em up then sell some to this guy so we can bust him and you can keep getting your fix for free. so dumb

I'm not so sure on that one. I know cops use CIs for all kinds of stuff but, it doesn't make much sense to set up customers who are on a lower rung of the ladder. I mean I guess maybe if they were buying huge quantity our the cops wanted them for something else but otherwise they only go up the ladder.

I'm not so sure on that one. I know cops use CIs for all kinds of stuff but, it doesn't make much sense to set up customers who are on a lower rung of the ladder. I mean I guess maybe if they were buying huge quantity our the cops wanted them for something else but otherwise they only go up the ladder.

In Birmingham the county is bankrupt so they like to bust white suburb kids for felony possesion take there car then milk them for money with fines and drug court BS.

^ Wouldn't that just cost more money? That logic doesn't quite add up.

yeah, because there are plenty of americans who can just up and move their entire life for the lone purpose of being able to smoke marijuana with no legal repurcussions...8)

If you're unable to move for whatever reason, then you could become politically active and work hard towards changing your state laws. You can also talk to other people to encourage them to become active in reforming your state laws. It doesn't cost money to sign a petition or to write your local representatives.

^ Wouldn't that just cost more money? That logic doesn't quite add up.

How would that cost more money? The kids parents bail them out so no housing cost. The kids get private lawyers which brings money into the legal system. Then they plead to fines and probation which the county makes money off of. Plus the county gets to use the stats to say they are doing something about drug crime which makes them eligable for federal grants. Then of course they auction off the seized cars.

I can add my two cents into this situation. My uncle was one of the biggest oxy dealers in my county for a couple years in the late 2000's....Needless to say, things didn't go well in the end. However, having your own family member 2 minutes down the road with an almost unlimited supply of OC's and Xanax=BAD!

His biggest downfall was his own use and that of his girlfriend's. Then, when oxy's switched and everyone jumped on Opana, things just got out of control. I

One lady that he shouldn't have fucked with ended his shit. I am almost certain that she didn't use, but they would've been too fucked up to probably even notice. I think they just had one audio and if she wanted to snort a pill, I don't think there would have been an issue.

I have still never seen anyone detox so bad. With all that dope and the three guns they didn't get charged with (They were in the house, not on his person, but still?), they both spent about a week in jail. One went to the local ICU and the other one was flown about 1 1/2 to the university hospital. My uncle was seizing for a couple hours, but he could still talk. Then his fucking eyes crossed and he went into a state of paranoia and had no clue who he was or where he was. When he got to the university hospital, they gave him some valium for his xanax withdrawl, which helped somewhat.

I mean, he was probably snorting 4-5 Opana 40's a day and eating who knows how many bars. The bad thing is after all their hospital shit, they didn't even have to go to jail. They both get drug court and he just pulled 30 days for lyrica and neurontin! Someone called in, this isn't even tested for. She had a baby with him, but they're with my mom now....Fucked up.

I know I went off topic, but the lady that ratted on him got a DUI not even a week later. She brought down the biggest middleman in our county and gets a DUI a week later....jail time after that. It helped her case none! Remember that.

they can do whatever they want to make a case. line of coke here, a little weed there. cant see too many doin speedballs bc the not knowing how to inject might be a giveaway hah. they will make a few suveiled buys and who knows maybe they let the punk snitch have some, but they need it for evidence to get an search warrent or i gueses an arrest warrant so that the next time they do biz, delta force comes out of knowwhere screaming and pointing guns and breaking doors. it sucks. the CI would probably be able to to whatever to gain your trust. Same for a cop. In theur minds they are just doing their job. But some seem to enjoy it more than others, fuckers.

i bet the more info these rats give out the more drugs they get to do lol

I figured this post would be best place to post this question question regarding my situation. I was recently caught with stuff and they are using a ton of CI's I understand its a very grey area when it comes to the legal area especially when people are using voice contact as well. What happens if after the threat of charging my girlfriend they turn her into one too. Im basically screwed. How should I act if I suspect this and what happens on the legal side? as far as the validity of the information they provide.. Isnt anything she asks me entrapment?

I figured this post would be best place to post this question question regarding my situation. I was recently caught with stuff and they are using a ton of CI's I understand its a very grey area when it comes to the legal area especially when people are using voice contact as well. What happens if after the threat of charging my girlfriend they turn her into one too. Im basically screwed. How should I act if I suspect this and what happens on the legal side? as far as the validity of the information they provide.. Isnt anything she asks me entrapment?

So a C.I got your girlfriend busted and now you think that she may have become one to get her sentence lessened and that you may be a potential target? That's pretty shitty if you think your girlfriend would do that to you, and there are some obvious trust issues between the two of you. Unless you are a 'bigger fish' then I wouldn't worry much, but to answer your question, no I don't think that you could claim entrapment if you caught a charge from her getting drugs though you.

I take entrapment to mean that the person is asking you to do something illegal that you would otherwise never do. But if it's something that you would normally do, or something similar but with a larger quantity then that's not entrapment.

For small cases they usually don't have a C.I. go through the trouble of wearing a wire to record a deal. Most of the time they would have the C.I. set up the drug deal in a public place, and then take you down when you showed up there with the drugs on you. But if they aren't "working their way up the ladder" so to speak, you probably don't have anything to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.