• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Human vibes and Earth vibes...

bwanajzj

Bluelighter
Yesterday I had a discussion with a woman well traveled in the Asian spiritual world, especially Nepal. She said that one should always walk barefoot and be in touch with the Earth, because the human body resonates at the same frequency as the Earth. Specifically she said 7kHz, but I think she was just throwing a number out there... Anyways, the idea is the rubber in our shoes keeps us distanced from the Earth and harmonizing with it. She also said it was better way back in the day (or for primitive cultures still living in the far reaches of the Earth) when we wore animal skin on our feet or more modern leather shoes with leather soles, as these were not as dampening on the vibrations as rubber soles. The woman said that we are being bombarded with vibrations all around (I agree, wi-fi signals, cellphone frequencies, radio, TV, satellites, airplanes, etc. etc. etc.) and that we are further from being in touch with the Earth than we ever were... This got me thinking, as I have vast knowledge in earth sciences and studied a lot of seismics and stuff, vibrations from earthquakes, volcanology etc., and nowhere have I come across a constant average vibrating frequency for the Earth, nor have I come across one of humans or animals. So anyone have any ideas where to look for info?

Good sir, let the scientist in you who studied earth science answer this. No constant vibration right? Ditto for humans.

Further,what difference would it make?

Exanctly... well, more like constant vibration but the magnitude is different everywhere on Earth. So maybe an average would be similar to that of the average human 'vibration', but yeah, scientist in me leans towards the bullshit response, but was also looking for some more belief/faith/spiritual responses to the question.

The difference. Then we know. Knowledge is power. At least someone said that at some point.

There's an interesting book, The Spell of the Sensuous, that talks about this. The author is David Abrams, a kind of hippy philosopher (with a doctorate, hey?) that explains the connection (or lack thereof) humans have with the Earth and animals. Some of the stuff is out there, but if you have the slightest bit of imagination leftover from childhood, you could probably relate to most of the writings.

Thinking about the Higgs field, quantam particles, etc... they aren't that far removed from something you'd make up with your imagination. While under the influence of mescaline, I've felt (and many other people confirm this experience) that everything around us, as well as ourselves, are made up of some sort of vibrating energy, where there are no distinct individual bodies, but one huge system.

And, there is certainly something to be said for walking around in a grassy field or even a rocky patch of Earth that connects you to the Earth more intimately than when you're wearing Nikes... :)

How about just viewing it as a pleasant sensation, the feeling of soft earth or grass on your bare foot is indeed that.

No need to make up stuff about a coupling constant of an oscillating field inducing some resonance in your body to enjoy it.

The reason you don't know despite your studies is because it isn't a physical vibration she was talking about, but an electromagnetic one. I believe she ment 7Hz - She is refering to the Schumann resonance/s. Shoes or no shoes, it wouldn't make a difference.. we're bathed in the frequencies regardless. The reference to shoes.. she is confusing two different ideas together: electron transfer into the body through the feet from the Earth is supposed to lead to better health in the body, or something like that.

"The Schumann resonances (SR) are a set of spectrum peaks in the extremely low frequency (ELF) portion of the Earth's electromagnetic field spectrum. Schumann resonances are global electromagnetic resonances, excited by lightning discharges in the cavity formed by the Earth's surface and the ionosphere." - Wiki

The human brain wave state of alpha operates around this frequency range. Nikola Tesla was the first to discover the Schumann resonance directly when pinging the Ionosphere with his giant electrical devices at Colorado Springs, although it wasn't commited to academic paper until some 50 years later.

How about just viewing it as a pleasant sensation, the feeling of soft earth or grass on your bare foot is indeed that.

No need to make up stuff about a coupling constant of an oscillating field inducing some resonance in your body to enjoy it.

I agree.

ive always been sooo interested in energy grids. my friend has a nuclear reactor named after him, labeled on the outside of it. but the other kind of energy grids that have supposedly been waking up, no i dont know anything about that. not yet.

i would not walk around bare foot in nepal. that's pseudo-spiritual rubbish.

The woman in the OP sounds like a koolaid drinker to me.

Energy goes through clothing. You could be wearing a parka and I'd still see your aura. Your connection to the earth does not get severed by wearing shoes.

As for the 7khz thing, never heard of that before in my life.