• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine with Tramadol, suppose it's a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

griip

Greenlighter
Hi,
As chance would have it, I happened to stumble across some speed tonight and took 0,1-0,2 grams nasally a while ago. I took Tramadol (50mg + 50mg 3 h later) approx. 10 hours ago, so didn't feel like it would have an effect with the speed, and I'm feeling rather good atm. I was just wondering if it's a fatally stupid idea to take another 50 mg of Tramadol on top of this, as amphetamines supposedly lower the seizure threshold and I've also had 6 beers during the day in about 6 hours or so. I'm not desiring a more speedy effect, rather the opposite, and for me Tramadol does make me a bit jittery for the first hour but then the feeling is replaced by a comfortable opiate buzz. I know also that mixing alcohol with opiates is stupid but I have a high tolerance (and a bit of a problem with alcohol :eek: ) so for me 6 beers doesn't really make me drunk, especially if drank in a 6h period of time. So am I risking a seizure if I take 50mgs of Tramadol? I know it's a small amount but i don't really have a lot of tolerance towards opioids, 90mgs of codeine is the most I ever take if I want to experience smth more than pain relief... All input would be appreciated.

very bad idea!!! dont do it!!

the likelihood of having a seziure on addy + tram is remarkably high!! and grand-mal seizures are not fun, trust me i had a seizure on 250mgs tramadol. tramadol is such a shitty drug, it is not worth the risks! and besides dextroamphetamine is a subtrate for cytochrome 450 2D6 leading a blockade-like effect, and 2D6 is the same enzyme that converts tramadol into O-desmethyltramadol, the metabolite responsible for opioid effects. in theory, taking tram ontop of a 2D6 substrate severely impedes the amount of O-desmethyltramadol procured

Last edited:
^^listen to laC!

It is a really bad combination. I know this for a fact.

Thanks for the replies. The speed I got is not pharmaceutical so I don't really know what kind of amphetamines it contains. Where I live we don't have meth or adderall or even dexedrine, they are very hard to obtain, so this is probably a combination of levo -and dextroamphetamines. But yeah, won't do it then, not fond of seizures :/ How long should I wait to safely take Tramadol tomorrow for the leg pain, or should I just stick to codeine to be safe?

I am still hooked on tramadol and I have a legal script for adderall. I hate taking adderall by itself, I mean I dont HATE it but I dont like feeling kinda run down and not being able to eat. I found that kratom with adderall worked great, its probably the only reason I could never get off opiates, because I had to take them with the adderall so I could eat. I used to be into working out a lot so I needed to eat, that was a big reason for it.

However, I must not be very prone to seizures with tram, I have taken 30 a day many many times and 15-18 50mg pills at a single time for at least 30 times. Its nothing to brag about, but I think because I am over 200lb and always had to take more than the recommended doses that my body is just more prone to it. I would NOT recommend trying it. However you could always try kratom and adderall, less risky.

Dangerous as hell, tramadol lowers the seizure threshold, and obviously stimulants exacerbate that. I've actually had a near-seizure the morning after taking tramadol because I took a stimulant (with oxycodone, i should add), and it was not pretty, man; I literally couldn't move my hands consciously... but they were still moving without me.

Anyway that was around 17 hours after initially dosing the tramadol, so I don't wanna know what taking them silutaneously would be like, but don't try to find out

I suppose I can consider myself lucky.. The Tramadol I took yesterday, 100mg total about 10h before taking speed enhanced the effects quite remarkably, since today the same amount of speed I've taken during tonight (about 0,1-0,2 grams) hasn't had nearly the same effect, and it's the same batch. I don't have any tolerance for the stuff since I very rarely take it, perhaps twice per year.. Had I taken more Tramadol, the seizure might've been a real possibility. I took 0,5 mg of alpratzolam at 6 am to help sleeping which probably had some effect also. Out of curiosity, why do these two substances have such an effect together? AFAIK amphetamines affect mainly the dopamine production in the brain, as Tramadol's SSNRI qualities affect serotonin and noradrenaline production. Is there some synergy between these neurotransmitters esp. if a person has both drugs in her system? I'm not planning to take Tramadol today, probably not even tomorrow to be safe, but am curious as to how these things work..

Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold substantially for a relatively weak drug. Combine that with a stimulant (even caffeine in some cases, no bull) and you're asking for serious trouble. The amount of seizures reported on Tramadol with or without mixing in other drugs is staggering for such an prevalent medication.

There is danger present, but I was Rx'ed 75mg of phentermine and 400mg of tramadol daily for quite a while and never ran into any problems other than heart rate/bp issues from the phentermine.

edit: and albeit phentermine isn't a true amphetamine, it is a methamphetamine analogue with changes at the alpha carbon (it's not chiral, hence it not being a true amphetamine, but still a potent-ish phenthylamine/sympathomimetic amine)

I am not going to read this thread.. THE ANSWER IS SIMPLY NO. Do not take Tramadol with any Amphetamine, Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and amphetamine increases the threshold which means, SEIZURE. My first seizure was from 400mg of tramadol and 30mg of racemic amphetamine(adderall)

I ate about fifteen trams and took 150 mgs of vyvanse on top of drinking. Im fine, but if I have a seizure that would suck. I did'nt know this. Thanks for the info. I will be more careful next time.

Someone close this thread before someone gets hurts... Tramadol or any SNRI with a fucking amphetamine is horrible news... THE END!

I am not going to read this thread.. THE ANSWER IS SIMPLY NO. Do not take Tramadol with any Amphetamine, Tramadol lowers the seizure threshold and amphetamine increases the threshold which means, SEIZURE. My first seizure was from 400mg of tramadol and 30mg of racemic amphetamine(adderall)

This. Taking amphetamines with a shitty synthetic opioid that lowers your seizure threshold is moronic, dangerous, and to be avoided by those who don't want to die a statistic like General_Jocko likely will if he keeps recklessly and carelessly endangering his own life and the lives of our readers who read BS posts like his and think maybe, just maybe, they'll escape death too.

The Risk > Reward ratio is so far in favor of the risks, that any potential reward is out of the question.

The next person to post an "well I got away with it" post will be infracted under the OD guidelines violation to not endanger other posters

Status
Not open for further replies.