• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Histinex Hc(chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone/phenylephrine) - Recreational Value?

alex1646

Greenlighter
So basically, I've found a bottle of a cough syrup called Histinex(drugs.com says its a mixture of chlorpheniramine, hydocodone, and phenylephire) of in my medicine cabinet. After about 10 minites of googling, I can't seem to find too much information about the drug. So, I'm trying to figure out if it has any potential for recreation use, and any safety concerns I should worry about.

Also, this is my first post on here, and I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread. So please forgive me if it isn't in the correct category, or I did something wrong when posting. Haha.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe. If you're tolernace to opioids is low, then one dose could make for a decent buzz (I'm guessing it's probably 8/10/10 chlorpheniramine/hydrocodone/phenylephrine, respectively) Chorpheniramine maleate can have some nasty side effects at doses higher than 8mg though, and is also toxic. And too much phenylephrine will produce a jittery anxious type of stimulation, not unlike pseudoephedrine.

So short answer- a low dose could potentially be recreational. But don't take a lot just to get the hydrocodone, or it will definitely be an unpleasant experience.

^^...Morphonorconic pretty much hit it on the head....if your opioid tolerance is low, you might be able to get away with it (due to the reduced dose of the other "garbage" that you wouldn't have to take so much of)...but if your tolerance is significantly higher, then (of course) you would have to ingest enough, that the other stuff in there would start fucking with you, making any buzz you might receive from the hydrocodone not worth the other unpleasantness that you'd have to go through ingesting significantally higher quantities of the other crap present in the formulation.
So, I guess it just depends on your personal tolerance to hydrocodone...I hope this helped (and thanks to Morphonorconic, too :) )

^^Hey soundphaRm- Trinidad! I lived in Arcata for eight years! Some of the best years of my life for sure. I miss it and have many good friends up there still. Humboldt will forever be home to me:)

I'd give anything for dinner and drinks at Larrupin right about now;)