• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids New to IVing , used wrist vien now swollen bump? help?

missmegandelaney

Bluelighter
So I shot a 1/2 p not very much, but im new to this rout.
my viens are very small, so we tried my wrist.
its really painful at the spot and it's been hours.
is this normal? did i miss?

Yeah it sounds like you missed a part of your shot, which would account for what you are describing.

You should apply a heat compress.

Yeah it sounds like you missed a part of your shot, which would account for what you are describing.

You should apply a heat compress.

Agreed. Sounds like a full on miss to me. Did you register, or even attempt to register? Did it burn while you were injecting? (it shouldn't if you're doing it right) Like Cap said, use a hot compress and then an ice pack to take away the swelling. Next time.. don't miss? Hah.

What did you inject? I'm pretty awful with my hands and used to be really clumsy... If you miss even a tiny bit with meth you'll get massive bruising/swelling. I've never had any complications that required medical attention, but I've left my arms looking pretty gross before. As others have said, if you feel a burn at all while you're injecting, then you're missing the vein, at least a bit. Injecting heroin and missing a bit on the other hand, doesn't usually end so rough - normally much milder bruising and not much swelling at all, in my experience anyway.

Seek medical condition, no drug is worth possibly losing your hand or life over.

i'd say miss if it doesn't get smaller and hurt way less in 2 days go to a doctor immediately

Your shooting up now?! :( You have your entire life ahead of you, when I was your age I had already been shooting up for a while and let me tell you, it's no way to live. It's a way to die.

I'm guessing it's BTH, which is pretty much always painful to miss due to improper filtration. Megan, if your taking the highway to hell, at least wear your seatbelt. Never reuse a syringe, invest in some micron filtration since your shooting BTH and will ruin your cardiovascular system otherwise, use clean water every time, and most importantly, take a real hard look at yourself. Your at a major fork in the road that is your life. This will be a moment that you will look back on for the rest of your life. Whether you remember this moment with relief and happiness, or regret and depression, is up to you.

Your shooting up now?! :( You have your entire life ahead of you, when I was your age I had already been shooting up for a while and let me tell you, it's no way to live. It's a way to die.

I'm guessing it's BTH, which is pretty much always painful to miss due to improper filtration. Megan, if your taking the highway to hell, at least wear your seatbelt. Never reuse a syringe, invest in some micron filtration since your shooting BTH and will ruin your cardiovascular system otherwise, use clean water every time, and most importantly, take a real hard look at yourself. Your at a major fork in the road that is your life. This will be a moment that you will look back on for the rest of your life. Whether you remember this moment with relief and happiness, or regret and depression, is up to you.

True words. True words. I'll never forget the day I got on the needle. That was 10 years ago...

Hopefully a miss on your first IV ROA will deter you from further IV'ing.

I personally find IV to be one of the safest ROA's if went about correctly.

If you plan on continuing IV drug use, educate yourself. And really educate yourself, all of the information is here on blue light. Just check out the OD directory, and don't always go with what your friends tell you.

Best of luck.

..... Megan, if your taking the highway to hell, at least wear your seatbelt.

ok no offence intended here, but do you really think the stigma and common stereotype of an IV user will ever change for the better when people, such as yourself, go around dribbling shit like this? sorry but Im just sick to death of people claiming that no matter what the situation, IV drug use will turn your life upside down.. just because you couldnt maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle after you picked up the needle doesnt mean every single drug user that does get into IV will fuck themselves over aswell...

at the end of the day, addiction is addiction no matter how big or small and it can happen to anyone that uses drugs, no matter how they decide to take them... now Im not saying that your habbit/addiction will not change if you do start injecting, you very well could go off the rails before you know it but really, it all comes down to self control/discipline..

I'm a prime example of someone whos habbit did the complete opposite of everything you just said... before I picked up the needle, I was smoking meth 2/3 days a week, the most I ever have up until now.. within a fortnight of IVin, I was only using once, mabey twice a week and half the amount.. within a couple of months, my usage was down to once or twice a month n has stayed that way every since I had my first shot, over a year ago... I rarely get cravings (I got them all the time when I smoked meth) or feel the need to use on a regular basis.. and Im not the only one, I got a couple of mates that are exactly the same...

all Im tryin to say here is that its very naive for you to claim that itll fuck up your lifestyle purely just because it fucked up yours... when it all comes down to it, if you go off the rails purely because of drug use, there's no one or thing to blame but yourself, fullstop....

Stop while you still have a chance and don't worry about missing again.

AGREED!
I'm not going to go into details of my hell of a life at only 19yrs old from shooting, You should really stop though. Philacondom has given you sound advice, I would take it if I were you. Your still got your head above water, keep swimming into the tide, your sure to drown.

Best advice I got is hot compress, and a trip to the doctor. No more wrist injection either if you won't just stop. Your veins, arteries, are very close together in this area and increases your chances of troubles. If at all possible for you, Stop while your still new to it. It only gets more difficult to stop the longer you continue to select IV as your ROA. I can't speak for anyone else, but for me, it's the 'needle or nothing' :\

Seek medical condition, no drug is worth possibly losing your hand or life over

^Exactly!

OP I am not here to spooky tales about infections and thrombosis in an attempt to scare you away from the needle. I'm simply making statements off FACTS. I am not saying 'if you IV you'll get gangreen' I am saying 'it's possible. NOT possible with other ROA's though. I possible, you should stop. If not, sterile works everytime, sterile station, don't re-use/share ANY works, and know proper technique. http://harm.live.radicaldesigns.org/downloads/idu_manual.pdf
The link will direct you to an online version of the "Getting off Right" manual.

Have fun, Be Safe,
Keep the Wind at your Back,
and a Smile on Your Face. ;) <3

-KING

Last edited:
ok no offence intended here, but do you really think the stigma and common stereotype of an IV user will ever change for the better when people, such as yourself, go around dribbling shit like this? sorry but Im just sick to death of people claiming that no matter what the situation, IV drug use will turn your life upside down.. just because you couldnt maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle after you picked up the needle doesnt mean every single drug user that does get into IV will fuck themselves over aswell...

at the end of the day, addiction is addiction no matter how big or small and it can happen to anyone that uses drugs, no matter how they decide to take them... now Im not saying that your habbit/addiction will not change if you do start injecting, you very well could go off the rails before you know it but really, it all comes down to self control/discipline..

I'm a prime example of someone whos habbit did the complete opposite of everything you just said... before I picked up the needle, I was smoking meth 2/3 days a week, the most I ever have up until now.. within a fortnight of IVin, I was only using once, mabey twice a week and half the amount.. within a couple of months, my usage was down to once or twice a month n has stayed that way every since I had my first shot, over a year ago... I rarely get cravings (I got them all the time when I smoked meth) or feel the need to use on a regular basis.. and Im not the only one, I got a couple of mates that are exactly the same...

all Im tryin to say here is that its very naive for you to claim that itll fuck up your lifestyle purely just because it fucked up yours... when it all comes down to it, if you go off the rails purely because of drug use, there's no one or thing to blame but yourself, fullstop....

Stop justifying your life, no-one cares buddy. Your little story doesnt help. Your telling someone who is new to this that shooting up is the way to go, OMG. All they are trying to do here is discourage this person from starting a dangerous habbit. So you maybe one of the few who didn't get hooked. Does that mean everyone else should shoot up??

With injecting comes collapsed veins, infections, risk of diseases, bruises, lumps and ugly marks. I found it brought a desperation, where I would risk sharing a needle, just to have it now. Getting an infection in your blood isn't much fun. I got a staph infection from shooting up once, extremely hard to get rid of.

Smoking it is the most impurist way to do it, because it is cooked on heat, so when you smoke it you are breaking it back down to the poisons its made from. I doubt you will listen to any of the advice here meagan, coz very few drug addicts ever do. But I would strongly suggest you just mix it in a drink or snort it. Lasts longer anyway

Stop justifying your life, no-one cares buddy. Your little story doesnt help. Your telling someone who is new to this that shooting up is the way to go, OMG. All they are trying to do here is discourage this person from starting a dangerous habbit. So you maybe one of the few who didn't get hooked. Does that mean everyone else should shoot up??

With injecting comes collapsed veins, infections, risk of diseases, bruises, lumps and ugly marks. I found it brought a desperation, where I would risk sharing a needle, just to have it now. Getting an infection in your blood isn't much fun. I got a staph infection from shooting up once, extremely hard to get rid of.

Smoking it is the most impurist way to do it, because it is cooked on heat, so when you smoke it you are breaking it back down to the poisons its made from. I doubt you will listen to any of the advice here meagan, coz very few drug addicts ever do. But I would strongly suggest you just mix it in a drink or snort it. Lasts longer anyway

I'm glad someone finally said something about that post. IMO the post your speaking of could be thought of as 'harm promotion' rather than harm reduction. Regardless of whether or not you personally got hooked, we need to base our insight on real statistics and facts, not our personal justified beliefs.

Take care, Never Share!

-KING %)

Why do you feel that shooting up is the way to go?

Is this a direction you want to take your life?

My advice is always to make the decision to iv/ not to iv while sober. It is a pretty major fuckin life choice, and super easy to just kinda slip into.

Unfortunately, it's one of those decisions that you don't realize how huge it is until much later on down the line... Honestly, I started at 13.. so I was an idiot kid, which certainly didn't help matters. So, people who are older.. adults in their 20's etc.. to make the decision to start doing something so reckless and crazy at that age when you're supposed to be mature and can't rely on the excuse that "I was only a kid when I started".. it really is crazy. But, a lot of addicts.. have the same type of personality where they live in the moment.. and bad things can happen when you live that way.

why are you shooting up now? didn't we get you on oral dosing not long ago? weren't you all excited about harm reduction? I was so happy that you stopped smoking it, but now shooting? You've only just started and you already have a problem, please take that as a message that this is BAD news. Like tricomb, I was IVing daily at a very early age, and it's not something I'd ever want to repeat, I stopped before I was 17, and I'm 18 now and I'm almost sure that if I didn't stop IVing then, I would've been dead from an IV cocaine OD before I was able to legally buy a pack of cigarettes. I really don't want that to happen to you, please think about what you are doing, and stop doing it. I've experienced it, I'm not just telling you that you're being unsafe, and after thinking that we had convinced you to stick to oral dosing, seeing this is just so, so sad.

I have no idea what this thing could be because I've never had any significant problems IVing because I always used micron filters, clean water and I never shared or reused needles. With IV meth, however, I've heard of people experiencing long-lasting pain after pulling the plunger too fast, and when I first IV'd meth, the person who I shot up with kept telling me to pull it as slowly and gently as possible, and indeed, it was very slow, especially compared to how I used to pull the plunger on heroin. There's a billion different possibilities, apparently, judging by the responses to this thread.

No offense intended here, but how many people do you know that can pick up the needle and put it down without it fucking up their life? Don't fucking kid yourself like you are the exception to the rule. Come back in a few years and say how that IV meth is treating you.