• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kanna,skullcap,siberian motherwort,wild lettuce(wild opium) and 15x kratom questions

curiosity

Bluelighter
the title says it any answers or oppinions are appreciated i would like to know:

what a good first time dose would be for each/any of these?

which mix nicely?

and

the best method?(tea,smoked,oral etc.)

What effects are you looking for, and are you dosing daily or once? Why are you interested in taking all those herbs? Are they capsules and if so how many mgs are they?

im looking for more relaxing effects but im also curious about any other possible effects, ill be dosing until i run out most likely ,im interested out of curiosity,there all in herb/powder form no capsules and ive got 3g of kanna, 3.5g of wild lettuce,siberian motherwort and skullcap and 1 gram of the 15x kratom extract

kanna is stimulating, wild lettuce is relaxing but dont combine it with kratom you wont feel the wild lettuce. best to do it on its own then you can really tell the effects are there.

Everyone is affected differently, so I'd really recommend trying each thing on its own first if you have the patience. You don't know if you're going to get some weird reaction or something if you've never tried any of them before, so it's nice to take them one at a time first. If you don't like something at least you'll know which one it is. If you're combining some of these you might to use lower doses, since they will synergize with/potentiate each other and you've never taken any of them before. The skullcap, siberian motherwort, and wild lettuce all sedatives, while the kanna and kratom can both be stimulating and/or sedating. I think I'd at least use the kratom by itself.

Dosages are hard to say, it will depend on whether you're eating them, smoking them, or making a tea, and on the quality of the plants you have, and of course everyone is so different. You could always start low and increase. The dosages below are just what a lot of people like/recommend for an oral dose when taken by itself, they are by no means exact.

kanna - initially stimulation, often followed by sedation; elevating yet calming
avg starting dose: around 500 mg

skullcap - mild sedative, calming, relaxing (believed to be similar to a benzo in action)
avg starting dose: around 1 g

siberian motherwort - mild sedative, said to give a mild cannabis-like buzz; often used in herbal smoking blends or as potentiator for cannabis; looks like cannabis
avg starting dose: around 500 mg - 1 g (some sites say do not take more than 3 g in 24 hrs)

wild lettuce - mild sedative; calming; some people are allergic; many find it disappointingly mild (I guess they are expecting it to be like opium); some say a tea is better than smoking; overdose can apparently be serious
dosage: I have no idea, I haven't tried it and dosages others use are all over the map, plus depend on the ROA. A few sites say to make a tea with 1 tsp.

kratom 15x - both stimulating and sedating, depending on the type; an opioid; too much can be unpleasant
avg starting dose: hard to say as they vary a lot, maybe around 1 g?

ETA: I forgot you also asked about methods of preparation. Any of these could be made into a tea. To improve the taste you could add some lemon, honey and maybe some calming herb tea like chamomile or something.

Last edited:
kanna is stimulating, wild lettuce is relaxing but dont combine it with kratom you wont feel the wild lettuce. best to do it on its own then you can really tell the effects are there.

Everyone is affected differently, so I'd really recommend trying each thing on its own first if you have the patience. You don't know if you're going to get some weird reaction or something if you've never tried any of them before, so it's nice to take them one at a time first. If you don't like something at least you'll know which one it is. If you're combining some of these you might to use lower doses, since they will synergize with/potentiate each other and you've never taken any of them before. The skullcap, siberian motherwort, and wild lettuce all sedatives, while the kanna and kratom can both be stimulating and/or sedating. I think I'd at least use the kratom by itself.

Dosages are hard to say, it will depend on whether you're eating them, smoking them, or making a tea, and on the quality of the plants you have, and of course everyone is so different. You could always start low and increase. The dosages below are just what a lot of people like/recommend for an oral dose when taken by itself, they are by no means exact.

kanna - initially stimulation, often followed by sedation; elevating yet calming
avg starting dose: around 500 mg

skullcap - mild sedative, calming, relaxing (believed to be similar to a benzo in action)
avg starting dose: around 1 g

siberian motherwort - mild sedative, said to give a mild cannabis-like buzz; often used in herbal smoking blends or as potentiator for cannabis; looks like cannabis
avg starting dose: around 500 mg - 1 g (some sites say do not take more than 3 g in 24 hrs)

wild lettuce - mild sedative; calming; some people are allergic; many find it disappointingly mild (I guess they are expecting it to be like opium); some say a tea is better than smoking; overdose can apparently be serious
dosage: I have no idea, I haven't tried it and dosages others use are all over the map, plus depend on the ROA. A few sites say to make a tea with 1 tsp.

kratom 15x - both stimulating and sedating, depending on the type; an opioid; too much can be unpleasant
avg starting dose: hard to say as they vary a lot, maybe around 1 g?

ETA: I forgot you also asked about methods of preparation. Any of these could be made into a tea. To improve the taste you could add some lemon, honey and maybe some calming herb tea like chamomile or something.

thank you, already tried a few of them because i had nothing to do but only finished the kratom found kratom,skullcap and kanna to make a good mix none were very noticeably on there own, siberian motherwort helped me get to sleep but i wouldnt say it had much recreational use, just have wild lettuce to try

oh and i forgot to put fly agarics in there ive got 12.5g i'd prefer to do it with a friend but if its only enough for 1 person ill try it alone, opinions?

also sublingual is the best method I found to do wild lettuce extract.

Also kava is awesome, buy root powder or whole roots. Extract is okay but the other two are more potent... you can mix the root powder with icecream and milk for milkshakes... fucking awesome tasting with the right icecream. Like this butterfinger stuff. and chewing the roots is kind of hard but it gets you higher than any other method... kava is right up there with kratom. also if you werent feeling kratom strong enough you didnt take enough. it can make you nod if its strong enough.

oh and i forgot to put fly agarics in there ive got 12.5g i'd prefer to do it with a friend but if its only enough for 1 person ill try it alone, opinions?

I would start out with a very small amount first.
Fly agaric - Amanita muscaria - can vary greatly in strength and effects. Erowid says:

Oral Amanita muscaria Dosages
Light: 1 - 5 g (1 medium cap)
Common: 5 - 10 g (1 - 3 medium caps)
Strong: 10 g+ (2 - 6 medium caps)
POTENCY VARIATION :
Most people start quite low when first working with Amanita muscaria, especially with an untested variety. Usually 1 small to medium cap is used as a starting dose. Once the strength of a given sample is known, dosages closer to 1-5 caps totaling 5-20 grams of dried material may be taken.
The potency of individual A. muscaria mushrooms is highy variable, seemingly dependent upon the season in which they are picked and significant regional variations. Mushrooms from the same area in different seasons may have different effects (ratio of nausea/body effects to mental/entheogenic effects).

According to Johnathan Ott, "These mushrooms are powerful. The effective dose range may be narrow. If it is exceeded, even by a small amount, a dissociative experience may result, even a comatose state or an inability to function. Of course, there are many who desire this kind of effect; no doubt it would be alarming to others. There are many unanswered questions concerning the toxicity of these mushrooms. It has been suggested, and there is some evidence to support this, that the toxicity may vary according to location and season."

Many people who take A muscaria find it very unpleasant, titling their trip reports with titles like "A Trip Through Hell", "The 20 Hour Nightmare" and "A Trip.. to the Hospital", while many others find the experience disappointingly mild and not very psychedelic. i would highly suggest doing a lot of reading about these mushrooms before trying them and beginning with a small dose. I know it's hard if you only have 12.5 grams and don't want to "waste" them, but it's so difficult to predict how they will affect you. I would personally not want to try them by myself for the first time either.