Recruiting GLOBAL survey of cannabis cultivation

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
[AUS] Cannabis growers questionnaire - Australians wanted!

I am one member of a network of researchers called the Global Cannabis Cultivation Research Consortium. It's basically a group of people interested in better understanding domestic cannabis cultivation, especially by small-scale growers.

Our current project involves a core online questionnaire developed for an international audience of cannabis growers. We want to better understand who grows cannabis, reasons for growing, methods of growing, and experience with the criminal justice system – and how these factors differ across national borders. We also give you the chance to tell us how you would like cannabis to be regulated in a post-prohibition world and about your medicinal use of home-grown cannabis.

More information about who we are

A list of our relevant publications including books and journal articles

If you have ever grown cannabis/marijuana and are 18 years or older, you are eligible to complete our 15-min anonymous online survey:
INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION QUESTIONNAIRE

We have a number of feature countries which have specific questionnaire designed for them, including:
We have another list of countries who will be launching their own specific questionnaire very soon, including:
  • New Zealand
  • The Netherlands
Or you can complete our Rest Of World survey (in English) if you are from other countries not listed above. Also if you are an expat UK/US/Australian living in another country not listed above, the Rest Of World survey is for you too.

All surveys can also be found here at our project website:
http://worldwideweed.nl

Please direct any questions my way - I'm very happy to answer any questions you may have about the study, the questionnaire or the research group.

Thanks for considering participating in our project,
Monica Barratt (Tronica)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi trainwreck45

Where are your growers located? if in the US/Canada, they can go to www.worldwideweed.nl where there is a US/Canada link and complete that survey by our partners.

If in the UK, the UK survey is just about to be released!

once UK is online, I'm intending to head to Bluelight's cannabis forum moderators and see if they are happy to support a recruitment push in their forum for a more global audience.

Check out www.worldwideweed.nl for the other countries that are either online now or will be soon.

Thanks for your interest :)

I am one member of a network of researchers called the Global Cannabis Cultivation Research Consortium. It's basically a group of people interested in better understanding domestic cannabis cultivation, especially by small-scale growers.

Our current project involves a core online questionnaire developed for an international audience of cannabis growers. We want to better understand who grows cannabis, reasons for growing, methods of growing, and experience with the criminal justice system – and how these factors differ across national borders. We also give you the chance to tell us how you would like cannabis to be regulated in a post-prohibition world and about your medicinal use of home-grown cannabis.

More information about who we are

A list of our relevant publications including books and journal articles

If you have ever grown cannabis/marijuana and are 18 years or older, you are eligible to complete our 15-min anonymous online survey:
INTERNATIONAL CANNABIS CULTIVATION QUESTIONNAIRE

We have a number of feature countries which have specific questionnaire designed for them, including:
We have another list of countries who will be launching their own specific questionnaire very soon, including:
  • Germany
  • New Zealand
  • The Netherlands
Or you can complete our Rest Of World survey (in English) if you are from other countries not listed above. Also if you are an expat UK/US/Australian living in another country not listed above, the Rest Of World survey is for you too.

All surveys can also be found here at our project website:
http://worldwideweed.nl

Please direct any questions my way - I'm very happy to answer any questions you may have about the study, the questionnaire or the research group.

Thanks for considering participating in our project,
Monica Barratt (Tronica)

Filled it in. This one's really nicely laid out, I like it. There was only one point when I thought a question seemed to be missing a response and then I noticed I just hadn't read the question properly :)

I filled it out :) , hopefully you get a few of our Growers from out Growing thread , Im sure AE will post up, maybe not.
I did feel a bit insecure about answering some of those questions though...Maybe Im just a paranoid stoner.

Well, that was fun, time to go make some hash,
Good luck with that Tronica (don't know if you'll see mine, as I'm from California)

Thanks for all your help. It's great to be able to do a truly international survey!

Worth remembering if you are uncomfortable with any question, you are welcome to use the response 'I don't want to answer'. We have tried our best to make the questions reasonable and to explain why we are asking them where there is doubt.

the survey quit working for me when i tried to answer/move on from question #11. somethings wrong with it

Last edited by a moderator:
From starting the questionnaire - I advise people against providing such detailed information to someone other than their friend or family - we have no idea who you really are Tronica, and what you represent, despite your portrayal of this.

Considering this UK study is coming from the University of Kent in the UK - who is funding this? Who organized it? Why? And most importantly who is this information getting passed onto?

The questions asked are very specific - the information gathered could really help fuel for perpetuating the illegitimate drug war against plants.

My intuition is telling me the type of questions asked are not for altruistic purposes, but so Police and law enforcement agencies AKA corporate gangsters know what to look for, where, and how to combat it...My intuition is almost always spot-on too.