• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids My favorite ope doesnt like me anymore )=

chubbs

Greenlighter
Hard core into hydrocodones for 3 years. Super-super heavy for over 1 year now. I have tried every method possible to get a kick and its just useless. Back to subbies? That cost 3-times more? I hate my life. I was diagnosed with bipolar and i thought my pills would always be there for me. I get 100 bars per month but i hardly use them. Does anybody know of a method to intoduce hydro in my system other than oral or rectal? I can take 10 & dont feel shit. Its unaffordable at this point. Say adios to the love of my life?
=(

Or say hello to a stronger opiate...?

Have you tried any other opiate besides hydrocodone...like oxycodone, oxymorphone, morphine, etc etc

and generally hydrocodone is taken by mouth and no other route b/c of the tylenol in it

I certainly wouldn't recommend switching to a stronger opioid. Maybe chubbs is right and it's time to quit. Although I usually would not suggest Suboxone for a hydrocodone habit.

Chubbs what do you mean by "bars"? Xanax? Benzos can be helpful during opioid withdrawal. There are also a number of great threads on here with tips for weaning yourself off and withdrawing from opioids.

Hydrocodone is plenty strong enough. If you aren't feeling effects from it, then this is a strong sign to stop using the stuff on the regular. Your tolerance will go down if you stop using, but it's better to start thinking about what you could do instead of using opiates I think.

^Agreed. Hydrocodone is fairly weak, but switching to a stronger narcotic doesn't make sense in the long run because you'll eventually run into the same problem again and again. This it what makes people go from popping hydrocodone, to taking oxycodone, to sniffing heroin, to shooting heroin/dilaudid or using fentanyl. You don't want to go there.

Also, I hope you are doing a cold water extraction, as all that Tylenol is horrible for your lived.

^I retrack my earlier statement. I realize I sounded like I was encouraging switching to a stronger opioid. But I agree with everyone else. It's better to stop now then to continue down the endless path. I started with popping vicodin, and 6 years later I'm shooting heroin....the opiate loses its appeal and becomes more habitual, thus ruining any recreational value. :/

"bars" is a term we use down here in Texas and its referring to 2mg bars of xanax

And to the OP: You really only have the option of switching to a stronger opiate which is dangerous territory and would only intensify your addiction pretty badly or just quit. And I would def not recommend subs for w/d from a hydro habit. Take it from someone who DID, its not worth the long drawn out sub w/d that I am going through now. Just tough it out and after a week you will pretty much be back to normal.

"bars" is a term we use down here in Texas and its referring to 2mg bars of xanax

That's a term that's used by anyone anywhere. It's probably time for you to quit chubbs if your not getting anything good out of hydrocodone anymore. You can always come back later and they'll probably work then. Find something else to do.

^I retrack my earlier statement. I realize I sounded like I was encouraging switching to a stronger opioid. But I agree with everyone else. It's better to stop now then to continue down the endless path. I started with popping vicodin, and 6 years later I'm shooting heroin....the opiate loses its appeal and becomes more habitual, thus ruining any recreational value. :/
You said it right there- a LONG, LONG long vacation from the hydro will help some. But if you get back in, it wont take long until the tolerance builds again.

"bars" is a term we use down here in Texas and its referring to 2mg bars of xanax.

That's a term that's used by anyone anywhere.

I obviously suspected he meant alprazolam (Xanax) but just wanted clarification to be sure as slang terms vary from place to place. For example I've seen some people refer to any dose alprazolam as "bars", and some foreign pharmacies have made 3mg alprazolam bars, whereas in other places "bars" is not a term widely used at all. Where I live I haven't heard people using the term "bars" to describe Xanax. Bluelight is an international forum and we discourage the use of slang and prefer people say the drug name and dose to be clearer. Maybe it's being anal in this case but I just wanted to be sure that was what he meant :)