• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Dihydrocodeine Duration

infectedmushroom

Bluelighter
Hi all, Just some opiated thoughts I want to voice.

I'm an infrequent opiate user, been on a semi-binge with DHC the past couple of days.

An interesting thing I find is that even a good 5-6 hours after dosing i still feel noticably sedated and opiated, even 8 hours later when I get into bed I can still feel something. It's likely because the half life is roughly 1-1.5 hours longer than codeine is, at 4-4.5 hours.

Maybe it's just me but codeine seems to lasts about half as long.

Also, it can take a good 1-2 hours to hit me even on an empty stomach.

It's most likely due to the fact I have almost no tolerance as well, as my previous use of any opiates was about four months ago.

I can take 120mg DHC and be fucked up pretty nice all day, and not be to fucked up when I get to sleep (being to fucked up when I get to bed normally means a pretty bad hangover the next day.)

For one its not a good idea to go to sleep really messed up on opiated or benzos. Sometimes you don't wake up. Or if you do you wake up with tubes everywhere and it's a nightmare. If you know the medications last extremely long in your system don't take as much and don't take it close to bedtime. Be safe. You never grow tolerant to constipation or respitory depression.