• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Functioning on Benzos, the day after?

belfort

Bluelighter
i was recently introduced to etizolam which i have to say is a very effective anti-anxiety med..i have taken many other benzos and they all have this in common...they eliminate anxiety but i find the next day, i feel sort of crappy..i feel less energy, slower mentally, less vitality, more anti-social...i take small doses too, with etizolam i will take 2 mgs, 1 mg in morning and 1 mg at night...the day after benzos it almost feels like i need an upper just to get going..this lasts much longer than a dipenhydramine fog too...i also noticed that if i take benzos for more than 2 days in a row, i start to notice myself becoming lazier and much more apathetic in general which i guess is what benzos are designed to do, make u care less..i find myself shrugging off working out or going out and doing things etc etc..

it may just be me but i was wondering how you daily benzo users function feeling like this daily?what do you do to combat it?what may be my problem is my body isnt used to benzos so my body hasnt adjusted to them yet??do you guys get these side effects i mentioned above?

to me, nothing is worse than the day after taking large amounts of benadryl. i seem to function just fine on semi high doses of temazepam (120mg). Never felt sluggish the day after, but it's certainly not unheard of..quite the opposite.

I haven't had a problem feeling any day after effects from a moderate dose of whatever benzos I have. Typically temazepam, 90-120mg being my occasional semi recreational dose. However if I take 150+ I begin to have a bit of a benzo hangover.

Not everyone reacts the same to these drugs, or any drug in general. Maybe a different benzodiazapine would work to relieve anxiety just as Etizolam does but not leave you feeling lethargic the day after.

Do you feel this way with all the benzos you have tried? Etizolam differs slightly from traditional benzodiazapines, as it is a thienobenzodiazapine derivative. You may experience a slight different side effect ptofile from Etizolam than other benzos.

I've experienced "day after depression" when taking nitrazepam (only 10mg) the night before.
I don't have this issue with other benzos.
Maybe try another benzo if possible as it might just be your reaction to etizolam.

OP, the hangover you're feeling is the shitty sleep you got under the influence of benzos/thienobenzodiazepine derivates; they all reduce the amount of slow wave sleep, the most recharging part of sleepy time. Also, most benzos disrupt REM sleep, although temazepam doesn't.

to me, nothing is worse than the day after taking large amounts of benadryl.

Ughh, benadryl hangovers suckkkk, even with only 100mg :p

^^^thats why i wonder how hardcore benzo addicts function year after year with the constant disrupted sleep?they would have to feel like shit after a short while..must just get used to that sort of feeling..

100mg of benedryl is a reasonably high dose, no wonder you're left feeling groggy the next day. i'd cut that in half, i barely use more than 50-75mg at a time, though, am lucky enough that i'm never left with any grogginess/hangover the following day.

Daily benzos and for sleep? I did this for a while but eventually chose to rather suffer a bit with anxiety and with no pleasant benzo buzz to lead my into dreamland and now use Seroquel instead. Natural real sleep, no addiction, no tolerance issues, no hangover, no abuse potential. Ill take a bit of unpleasant anxiety and pre sleep jitters or some sleep delay any time over that. In fact id take a lot more if i had to. Daily benzos? I wish any such brave souls well in this regard, honestly.

Histamine OTC/Seroquel, it sucks bad in the beginning, but when you get used to it you can rejoice daily in the possible hell you might have avoided.
I am on the way to OTC, the similar action of Seroquel is a good step there, and it will knock you the fuck out more then anything else i know including benzos, and you will get some real sleep to boot. Doesnt feel good? Thats the idea my man. Just saying.

Last edited:
^^ive heard seroquel has the same zombie-fying qualities the next day...??i guess some get it, some dont..

i was recently introduced to etizolam which i have to say is a very effective anti-anxiety med..i have taken many other benzos and they all have this in common...they eliminate anxiety but i find the next day, i feel sort of crappy..i feel less energy, slower mentally, less vitality, more anti-social...i take small doses too, with etizolam i will take 2 mgs, 1 mg in morning and 1 mg at night...the day after benzos it almost feels like i need an upper just to get going..this lasts much longer than a dipenhydramine fog too...i also noticed that if i take benzos for more than 2 days in a row, i start to notice myself becoming lazier and much more apathetic in general which i guess is what benzos are designed to do, make u care less..i find myself shrugging off working out or going out and doing things etc etc.. it may just be me but i was wondering how you daily benzo users function feeling like this daily?what do you do to combat it?what may be my problem is my body isnt used to benzos so my body hasnt adjusted to them yet??do you guys get these side effects i mentioned above?

Whats up belfort? Long time since I seen you buddy. Anyways, you must be getting Depas or Pasaden Etizolam, because the Intas-pharm Etizolam are kind of shitty, although much better than those 'newer bright blue' shitty Etizolam that taste like salty bitter utter pure shit. I was told they were 100% Real Etizolam, even shown a chemical analysis on them, but I highly doubt it as they are much weaker than the 0.5mg Etizolam I had from Mcleouds Pharmaceuticals. Etizolam is a wicked benzo if you get the good brand in blistered packaging. Those new ones produced out of the UK are utter, and pure shit, and also taste like bittery salty battery acid or some shit, just nasty. I have a very high benzo tolerance, but even still, I can feel 2mg of the 'Real Blistered Etizolam' WAY more than those new bright blue pellets being produced in the UK. I guess they do have some active ingredient in them, but I highly doubt it is Etizolam, even though I was shown a chemical analysis, but no way there is 1mg in each of those new bright blue etizolam pellets going around the UK.

Stick to blistered, and brand name Etizolam. Fuck RC pellets. Anyways, good to see you again bud. Cheers

Daily benzos and for sleep? I did this for a while but eventually chose to rather suffer a bit with anxiety and with no pleasant benzo buzz to lead my into dreamland and now use Seroquel instead. Natural real sleep, no addiction, no tolerance issues, no hangover, no abuse potential. Ill take a bit of unpleasant anxiety and pre sleep jitters or some sleep delay any time over that. In fact id take a lot more if i had to. Daily benzos? I wish any such brave souls well in this regard, honestly.

Histamine OTC/Seroquel, it sucks bad in the beginning, but when you get used to it you can rejoice daily in the possible hell you might have avoided.
I am on the way to OTC, the similar action of Seroquel is a good step there, and it will knock you the fuck out more then anything else i know including benzos, and you will get some real sleep to boot. Doesnt feel good? Thats the idea my man. Just saying.

Seroquel? Don't think so bud. Even though addiction potential isn't there with Seroquel. Antipsychotics are VERY dangerous, and can drop white blood cell counts, cause diabetes, all sorts of shit. I've seen it happen to quite a few people. 50-100mg of Trazodone is a much better choice than Seroquel for sleep, and also much safer and no addiction potential either. Fuck Antipsychotics, unless you really need them, stay away.

Benzos are not really popular around here with people I know. I've actually never been offered one. I've done so many different types of drugs, but Benzos are not included. My buddy took one, one time and could not remember anything from the night he took it. Is that common?

yeah, benzos are notorious for cases of amnesia especially in non-tolerant users who take too much. furthermore when combined with other CNS depressants such as G, alcohol, other benzos and opioids.

I hear you, but everybody should research and decide for themselves from an informed perspective. My research on Seroquel indicated it was far far less risky then daily benzo risks IMO and my situation, others may decide this as well. Please do your own analysis.

I wont argue on Seroquel risks but for example the dosage for good sleep is far below those understood to result in the major risks, in fact you can take Seroquel at very low doses for sleep where very little anti psychotic action takes place.

Anyways, risk of some Seroquel side effect compared to risk of benzo addiction with daily use (pretty much 100 percent). An obvious no brainier.

But I know everybody hates on big bad Seroquel and everybody wants an excuse to keep enjoying their favorite harmless benzo. I get it, and good luck with that.
And lastly Seroquel can be used for a short time as you move over to similar acting OTC aids. Try to do that with you benzo habit.

And of course it cant help to have the best stim comedown drug ever on hand (bad trips as well) no meth comedowns make this an epic multi purpose drug that I cant abuse. Shit if im gonna struggle with an addiction, it better be for something worth it like meth and not benzos. Talk about major risk for little reward.

Anyways, my issue is any rec or addictive drug daily is asking for big trouble. If you are not yet fucked, just avoid if you can. I am fucked up with anxiety issues and i avoided it with painful results, but you deal and somehow feel better overall more faster and easier then you think (no longer messing with GABA?). But thats just me who knows.

I thus also learned to deal with the core anxiety issues or use them as drivers for positive things, for example I built a successful business driven purely by PTSD crime and politics related, with the goal to leave the country (and have an internet business to support me). Its what try do now and its quite interesting. But yeah OT now.

^Benzodiazepines work well for some people, especially when they are taken responsibly (which as you can see in OD, some people struggle with this) and quetiapine works for others. They're different medications with different mechanisms of action. It's great that quetiapine works well for you, but that doesn't mean that everyone gets that reaction.

Personally, I wouldn't touch quetiapine with a ten foot pole. I am a long-term benzodiazepine user. I don't use them enough to be dependent, and infrequently enough to keep my doses effective. I much prefer the benign aspect of benzodiazepines, they're very predictable to me, unlike quetiapine.

In doses under 100mg, quetiapine acts as an anti-histamine, not an anti-psychotic. Quetiapine makes me a zombie and puts me in a sedated fog the next day, if I'm even able to wake up at all, and has a bunch of nasty side effects.

I'm not trying to say that benzodiazepines are this great miracle drug, they really aren't. They're not toys, they are tools that must be respected, and they have established therapeutic value and established drawbacks that must be factored in when deciding whether or not to dose. People who take ever-escalating doses and/or try to use benzodiazepines recreationally are going to run into problems, and I'm always astonished when people act surprised that their actions have consequences.

i've got nothing against trialing anti-psychotics for sleep problems. i've used chlorpromazine and risperidone for it as well as for psychotic outbreaks. chlorpromazine was useless and i've never been experienced any lethargy from risperidone though i consider it a great anti-psychotic when i am experiencing a psychotic episode.

seroquel is used quite often as a tool used in combating sleep issues and you do read a lot of people having success with it. certain ones at the right doses do have their place, indeed.

Still, IMO, Trazodone is the much safer option than Seroquel. And Yes, I have been extremely dependent with benzodiazepines for 9 years. The longest break I have had from benzodiazepines has been approximately 6-7 months clean. And about 3-4 months clean from Opiates over the course of the past 9 years. I have an EXTREMELY high benzo tolerance, unless its a benzo like Diazepam, Bromazepam, Flurazepam, or Phenazepam, forget it. Alprazolam is so overrated on here its ridiculous. WAY too short of half life with that, and severe rebound anxiety from Alprazolam. Lorazepam is the safer option between those two.

Anyways, just saying. I have never tried Seroquel either, so I can't really comment. But I don't think I will ever try it, fuck that shit. I've seen too many nasty side effects from it, and for sleep purposes, I usually use about 50-100mg of Trazodone, and it seems to work well with little side effects for me some nights, other nights not so well. Keep in mind, I'm not dicksizing here, or cussing anyone, this is just my OWN Opinion and Brain Chemistry.

Lorazepam is safer than alprazolam? can you back up that statement? Or is that just your opinion

IMO, trazodone sucks. It's too bad that some of the only hypnotics that work well for me are benzodiazepines, but the important thing for people like me to remember is that if only one thing works for you, then don't use it every night. Benzodiazepines should not be relied on as hypnotic agents every night, that's going to lead to problems and likely worsened insomnia, anxiety, and psychiatric problems.

aye, too right to you guys above about not relying on benzos every night to set yourself to sleep. i'm mainly prescribed valium for GAD as well as a muscle relaxant as baclofen lost it's magic with me.

Lorazepam is safer than alprazolam? can you back up that statement? Or is that just your opinion

IMO, trazodone sucks. It's too bad that some of the only hypnotics that work well for me are benzodiazepines, but the important thing for people like me to remember is that if only one thing works for you, then don't use it every night. Benzodiazepines should not be relied on as hypnotic agents every night, that's going to lead to problems and likely worsened insomnia, anxiety, and psychiatric problems.

Alprazolam has a very short half life (8-11.2hrs), harder hitting, far worse rebound anxiety/insomnia than Lorazepam. Lorazepam has an intermediate half life, also has all six benzodiazepines intrinsic properties, unlike Alprazolam. Let me do some more digging, I have it bookmarked on here somewhere, and I will come up with some pub med information and actual links provided to prove my point about going with Lorazepam rather than Alprazolam. I am speaking more in terms of rebound anxiety/insomnia and withdrawals that Alprazolam is much worse than Lorazepam.