• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Night Terror after opiate/amp use.. Pls help

Psymon

Greenlighter
I recently went on a 2 day binge on oxycontin, I was plugging 180mg three times a day for two days after not having any opiates at all for 3 months. I know it was a stupid high dose but I'm under heaps of pressure and in alot of pain so I did it to get wasted. I am also diagnosed with ADHD and take 10mg Of dexamphetamine IR 3 x a day and 150mg of effexor xr in morning. The second day of my opiate binge I was nodding off hard and just as I would fall asleep I would wake up screaming my head off with a feeling like I had been hit by a volt of lightning! Really scary and didn't want to sleep at all after that. Any ideas what this could be? Is it some sort of "Brain Zap" or a sign of seratonin syndrome? Is there anything I can do to get rid of this if it happens again? Would xanax or benzos work? Any help would be great as it freaks me out big time!! Cheers.

I get bad sleep paralysis from Kratom use which could be described in a similar way you are describing night terrors. I would also be interested in a response to this specifically with regards to opiates. Cheers