• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Do you have to taper short term tramadol use

Gordon

Bluelighter
Say for instance I took 150mgs of tramadol once every 2-4 days for 2 weeks, would I need to taper or can you just stop? wouldn't tapering mean accumulating the tramadol even more?

Is it also true even if you take the trams once every 3-5 days for couple of weeks your still building it up in your system and would get withdrawals?

I've never tapered tramadol...I've just gone through the wds...they aren't that bad...they suck...but they aren't that bad...

and on taking the drug every 3-5 days...no, you shouldn't start accumulating the drug in your system...the M1 metabolite (O-Desmethyltramadol) has a half-life of 8 hours and the half-life of tramadol itself is only 5-7 hours IIRC...

and on taking the drug every 3-5 days...no, you shouldn't start accumulating the drug in your system...the M1 metabolite (O-Desmethyltramadol) has a half-life of 8 hours and the half-life of tramadol itself is only 5-7 hours IIRC...

no youll be ok there tramadol is far to weak and only interduced for a short period, ur fine

The way you are dosing, you can certainly come off without taper, but for daily tramadol use and resulting dependence, I almost always would suggest a taper, whereas with other opioids I would not necessarily do that circumstances depending. You have to remember that tramadol is a strong drug, even if not made out to be one here on BL or in a doctor's office or wherever. It is rather addictive, and the withdrawals from a true tramadol dependence are nasty and horrible all over, for it is not just wd'ing from an opioid, but also a serotonergic and a noradrenergic on top of that all. I've been through relatively mild tramadol wd's twice, and my mood was utterly horrible (hopeless, bleak, tense) and labile to boot w/ a good deal of muscle stiffness, too. And, that was from mild wd's. The mood, though, the mood in true wd's from tramadol will suffer BADLY if a good technique to quit is not employed (using other drugs to help and/or tapering). If you ever do fall into a full tramadol addiction or even just a dependence, taper when coming off.

Even if you had used it every day I doubt you would get withdrawals. Dependence seems to take a lot of time and use to form, especially at those weaker ones.

I use tramadol everyday and yes, you will certainly get withdrawals..they aren't fun either..you will be surprised at how bad they actually are. On top of that, you're also getting off of an SNRI anti-depressant, which makes it even worse. I've been threw it a hundred times, it's not fun and it lasts a good while. Not as extreme as full agonists like oxycodone, but none the less, you will get wd symptoms. Please wean off of them, take it from someone who's been there.

i'd say you're gonna be fine. tramadol is a very very weak opiate (if it can even be called that)

It's not as weak as you think, Rules...If you take larger than usual doses of it, there's a theory that it attaches to other receptors besides the U-opioid one..Not saying that theory is correct but I myself, have had more euphoria from tramadol than from full agonists believe it or not, on alot of occasions.

Rules, you seem to be seriously misinformed on tramadol.

Tramadol releases 5-HT, which is why some people liken their first few 150mg tram trips to coming up on a weaker MDMA for 45 minutes. Tramadol's also an NRI, and affects sigma receptors. SSRI's only act as selective SRI's, but don't release serotonin.

These stimulant effects of tram aside, when you take it as an opioid, tram acts as a prodrug to O-Desmethyltramadol, a powerful mu opioid agonist with an extremely high binding affinity to said mu receptors. Depeding on the amount of copies of the CYP2D6 enzyme you have in your liver (we're all different), a lot of tramadol is converted in to O-Des if you are 2D6 polymorphic, making it a powerful opioid prodrug... 50mg of tramadol is stronger than 10mg hydrocodone, in my experience.

i don't know. i've taken insanely large doses of tramadol and forgot i had taken them. 50more mg and i would have had a seizure.

i don't know. i've taken insanely large doses of tramadol and forgot i had taken them. 50more mg and i would have had a seizure.

I never had a seizure from tramadol before and Iven taken it with subutex, codeine, valium and gapentin,. in 150mg-200mg of tramadol. Perhaps you need to get checked out by a doctor ASAP for any underlining health issues. Perhaps I have a decent immune system? I havent even felt withdrawals from any of the meds I have taken and come off so far then other then subutex, which am currently on.. You should go to a doctor just to be safe.

Anyway my thread was about taking tramadol now and then every 3-4 days, I didnt query about taking it everyday gosh.

i'm pretty sure my body is just not good at metabolizing the tramadol. i doubt there's anything seriously wrong with me. i've taken 450mg of tramadol before though and forgotten i'd taken them later on and never felt a thing. that's just the truth.