• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Strips: Storage of Many Pieces Efficiently

i are spectre

Bluelighter
I want to keep my daily sub dose as close as possible. When I cut a strip into 16 parts I have 0.5mg pieces.

Now, how do you store these pieces? It ALWAYS turns into a blob if unknown mg.

I cant find a decent method, so instead I log the day I open a new strip, and then when the next one is opened for use, I log that date.

Take the change in days over 8mg and I have my average daily dose. I do this because I just rip off tiny, tiny pieces.

I really want some small case with TONS of 0.5 or 0.25 or 0.125mg doses that wont stick or alter much.

Could you use those silicon packets? What do you all do?

Thanks a lot guys.

I've never seen what this stuff looks like, but from what people describe I wonder if you could use aluminum foli and fold up little pieces into individual foils. You could just use a sharpie or something to how much is in each package?

youre right cap, but then how can i sublingual a fluid? have it stored in ethanol and just drop it under the tongue?

what bums me is how the same amount of suboxone, sub-lingual, can be very inconsistent once it enters blood.

if only there was a form of bupe with 99% bioavail the size of a fancy chocolate bar but with 1mg total. im down to like 34 strips. im averaging like .75mg a day ish now. im in such a good place too. a junior in chem engineering.

a couple days ago i had forgotten where i placed all of them. that was... well i am an accepting person. after two ours i just let go and said hey see what happens it is what it is.... then i found them =)

maybe i really should go to IV use, i could measure down to the freakin 0.0001mg if i had to. but thats a lot of needles and filters... and man if anyone i know around here at this school saw anything like that... well i dunno, it wouldnt be good.

Why not just carry around the strip in it's little sleeve and slice off a sliver when you need it? I've never had a problem with it blobbing?

youre right cap, but then how can i sublingual a fluid? have it stored in ethanol and just drop it under the tongue?

what bums me is how the same amount of suboxone, sub-lingual, can be very inconsistent once it enters blood.

if only there was a form of bupe with 99% bioavail the size of a fancy chocolate bar but with 1mg total. im down to like 34 strips. im averaging like .75mg a day ish now. im in such a good place too. a junior in chem engineering.

a couple days ago i had forgotten where i placed all of them. that was... well i am an accepting person. after two ours i just let go and said hey see what happens it is what it is.... then i found them =)

maybe i really should go to IV use, i could measure down to the freakin 0.0001mg if i had to. but thats a lot of needles and filters... and man if anyone i know around here at this school saw anything like that... well i dunno, it wouldnt be good.

You could definitely sublingually absorb the liquid. As long as you didn't over-dilute it wouldn't be too hard.

I would definitely recommend sublingual ROA that you are already doing.

I would suggest avoiding the IV route. I've done it, it's good for BA and instant relief but it's not worth the damage. Especially those films I got violently ill once from doing 0.5mg like really sick in 2 minutes. I felt like I was dying for like half an hour. Now I dose 0.5 intranasally, still not good but it allows for quick dosing and I don't need the 1mg I normally do.

As far as storage those tiny cuttings can be a bitch to keep. Seems like individual foils would be the best way. Just keep them in a medicine bottle.

Don't flame me for the way I use it I understand the risks I just don't have the access I should sub doctors are expensive no one takes my insurence :(

Good to see that your doing low doses that's key with subs.

I would suggest avoiding the IV route. I've done it, it's good for BA and instant relief but it's not worth the damage. Especially those films I got violently ill once from doing 0.5mg like really sick in 2 minutes. I felt like I was dying for like half an hour. Now I dose 0.5 intranasally, still not good but it allows for quick dosing and I don't need the 1mg I normally do.

As far as storage those tiny cuttings can be a bitch to keep. Seems like individual foils would be the best way. Just keep them in a medicine bottle.

Don't flame me for the way I use it I understand the risks I just don't have the access I should sub doctors are expensive no one takes my insurence :(

Good to see that your doing low doses that's key with subs.

Were you using micron filters?

Were you using micron filters?

No :( I know they are readily available but I only did it maybe 3 or 4 times before I realized there was no point. I would love to try them for my heroin but I'm always one foot on the wagon, I'd like to avoid collecting IV equipment. Thanks for the consideration though.

I considered getting the 2mg bupe strips for this purpose , as they are the same size as the 8mg strips, when dividing you will end up with more surface area. Those 0.5 mgs pieces(from the 8mg strips) sometimes don't get absorbed ,they are too small!

Does bupe break down in water,or alcohol? Heroin will break down into morphine when stored under water. Would be nifty if it broke down to nor-bupe or something if stored in water, but I know the metabolism is heptatic, and not a simple hydrolisis reaction...

-lenses

breaking off pieces isnt accurate. i want to have consistency. what kind of solvent would you use capn? i would need a dropper then and calibrate it myself. seems fair enough.

what would be nice.. a micropipette... im thinking of changing my major anyway... if i can make it. its getting rough... but i got down QUICK and still have 30. its once your at that 0.5ish...

i can't get 2mg, even if i could, they were the same price... that would help though...

it should be fine in ethanol... i dont think it would be as soluble in water, considering its structure... it has 3 major rings, a t-butyl group, and a cyclopropyl... (relatively nonpolar overall) but one hell of a structure...

What about drawing a grid on the strip and then cutting off one square of the grid at a time as needed with small sharp scissors?

I also think the idea of cutting them up and wrapping each piece in foil sounds good.

The one thing that worries me about making a liquid solution is that you wouldn't want to store it for too long because buprenorphine/naloxone degrades into some dangerous substance over time and adding liquid to it may speed up this degradation. I'm not sure about ethanol, but you should definitely try to find out beforehand in case it does something bad to the Suboxone (and/or makes it less effective).

Buprenorphine and naloxone are prone to oxidation and are sensitive to moisture, leading to potentially toxic degradation. This degradation can be extensive and is affected by the drug formulation process. The use of unapproved chemicals may cause product degradation which can pose serious health risks. [Source]

Estimates of buprenorphine half-life at 37 C in pH 7.4 phosphate buffer were 36 days. [Source]

And here's a paper all about the degradation of sublingual Suboxone film (you might want to read about this stuff even if you aren't going to store it in liquid, as removing the strips from the packaging speeds up the degradation process).

Last edited: