• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kratom use need help also need some help with Kanna( sceletium tortousum)

aguythatlikessmoke

Bluelighter
Hello Bluelight Community.
I have some questions regarding Kratom and Kanna.

I have been using Kratom a lot lately not huge doses but in the sense that I have been using it about everyday for the past few days. Example I would take 2-3 grams each day since Monday. Sunday I had a larger dose 9 grams. I am thinking about going with a larger dose tonight 6 grams or 8 grams.
How long does it take to develop addiction to Kratom or when does withdrawal occur with the substance? I am a novice user using it the past 2 weeks on and off.
I found the substance to just be awesome, the effects are very calming soothing , slightly Euphoric it does decrease pain.
It helps me sleep and I deal with Insomnia. I would rather resort to Kratom then my Trazodone or Alcohol for insomnia.
so my question is just this consider the fact that Monday i took 2-3 grams same thing with Wednesday and Thursday evening I only used 2-3 gram doses. Should I take a 6-8 g dose or should I just wait till tommorrow night? will addiction built up rapidly with Kratom?

My other substance I have no issues with. I must say the substance sceletium tortousum, Kanna is just awesome as well . Great for Anxiety, Tension, Stress truly works and for Depression. It reminds me of doing speed but a lot less jittery you feel more talkative, social, Relaxed at ease, no Tension a tingling sensation is occuring over your legs and arms and over your head. I took a 2 gram dose today Orally effects take some time to build up about 1 hour to 1.30 hrs then what you feel is just great,, I felt all of muscles relax and i felt so at ease with life and I felt all of my anxiety removed my Energy levels rose as well so I was studying and at that a lot 5 hours. I felt slightly empathetic and I felt an urge to talk to people, conversations went so easily and I felt no shyness around people. Kanna works for real though it takes some priming but for me the effects are still lasting right now they have lasted about 4-6 hours today and still continuing I took a larger oral doses Initially it was stimulating ( Euphoric as well , I was walking around with a huge smile on my face ) then it became sedating. I noticed a slight antidepressant effect built up I felt quite happy today even before using it I used it for the past 3 days .
Oral only works for me with Kanna.
Does anybody else have input on this substanCE? online it stated that mesembrine the active alkaloid had a stronger SSRi or antidepressant effect than Imipramine. I believe it, I find Kanna to be a powerful Herbal substance.
Can somebody state to me what they think of Kratom or how I should use it?
am I clear for taking it tonight? after already taking 3 times this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi A Guy That Likes Smoke!

I've used Kratom recreationally for about 5 years and I have learned 3 key rules which work for me (although not necessarily for everyone). My rules are 1 - do it on an empty stomach. I leave a minimum of two hours after eating before taking any. 2 - dose carefully. Excessive doses cause nasty vomiting. 3 - nowadays I try to leave two clear days between doses. I know from experience that daily use builds tolerance fast. I appreciate that you are using in substitute for a med and alcohol, so daily use is kind of desirable for you. In this case you may notice that the background effects like reduced anxiety and better sleep remain, but the more recreational high diminishes. If you want to reset tolerance after several days of use, you should probably leave it at least seven days. I personally have never experienced withdrawal from Kratom and it's my opinion that recent reports of Kratom addictiveness may well be ill-informed. However, it does act on the brain's opioid receptors, so certain levels of dependance have been predicted. Like I say though - never had any problem myself even after five to six days of dosing 1-3 times a day.

I know nothing about how Kratom mixes with Kanna and prescription meds. What I will say is that a little alcohol after your Kratom effects have set in makes a great potentiator. When I used to drink with it I would just wait until I could feel the effects, then take small sips of vodka. Getting drunk is a waste of Kratom so I would only buy like a small vodka bottle. Not enough to get drunk, but it really enhanced the Kratom.

What I find really interestng is that it helps you sleep. I have heard other say it helps against insomnia, but it actually stops me from sleeping. If I try to while it's still going, I get slightly trippy effects!

Anyway, hope that helps. Kratom is a really individual thing - different people have different approaches and reactions.

Does anyone have other ideas about this?

Hi A Guy That Likes Smoke!

I've used Kratom recreationally for about 5 years and I have learned 3 key rules which work for me (although not necessarily for everyone). My rules are 1 - do it on an empty stomach. I leave a minimum of two hours after eating before taking any. 2 - dose carefully. Excessive doses cause nasty vomiting. 3 - nowadays I try to leave two clear days between doses. I know from experience that daily use builds tolerance fast. I appreciate that you are using in substitute for a med and alcohol, so daily use is kind of desirable for you. In this case you may notice that the background effects like reduced anxiety and better sleep remain, but the more recreational high diminishes. If you want to reset tolerance after several days of use, you should probably leave it at least seven days. I personally have never experienced withdrawal from Kratom and it's my opinion that recent reports of Kratom addictiveness may well be ill-informed. However, it does act on the brain's opioid receptors, so certain levels of dependance have been predicted. Like I say though - never had any problem myself even after five to six days of dosing 1-3 times a day.

I know nothing about how Kratom mixes with Kanna and prescription meds. What I will say is that a little alcohol after your Kratom effects have set in makes a great potentiator. When I used to drink with it I would just wait until I could feel the effects, then take small sips of vodka. Getting drunk is a waste of Kratom so I would only buy like a small vodka bottle. Not enough to get drunk, but it really enhanced the Kratom.

What I find really interestng is that it helps you sleep. I have heard other say it helps against insomnia, but it actually stops me from sleeping. If I try to while it's still going, I get slightly trippy effects!

Anyway, hope that helps. Kratom is a really individual thing - different people have different approaches and reactions.

Does anyone have other ideas about this?

That is pretty good to hear that you haven't had problems after dosing 5-6 days in a row. I love Kratom I don't find it too Euphoric, slightly Euphoric it is . But I find that it really mellows me out nicely great for anxiety and stress and it makes me feel at ease and good. It helps a good amount with sleep I take Bali Kratom I find at first it gives me a boost of Energy reminds me of Adderall or Speed except not as powerful but Kratom is a stronger stimulant than Coffee in the initial phase for me, Appreciation for music increases at this point too but later on I feel the opiod effects of Body relaxation and then I just feel like laying down and a warmth covers my body. Its obviously not like Oxycodone or Codeine but its good. Later on Heavy sedation follows and sleep. The next day I wake up and feel better mood wise.
I also use Kanna a remarkable herb as well powerful anxyiolytic effect. Have you heard of it?
I think people know a lot about Marijuana but People often overlook things Like Kratom or Kanna Sceletium Tortuosum. These substances have powerful effects they are good for anxious indivituals and they also have a good value of euphoria Even Kanna.
You should try Kanna make sure its from a reputable source.
It works as a natural SSRI but the effect is instant I used it ORally.

Actually i know about the nausea and vomiting effects. I took some the other night and fell asleep I took a lot for me that is about 9 grams. I slept like a baby but the next day when I came to my lab class the first hour in LAb i felt so nauseaous and I felt sick and I was sweating especially whilst standing whilst sitting I felt okay. It lasted for an hour and went away I threw up a little. I also felt sedated in the morning( doozing in and out ) had trouble following what the Professor had to say before Lab commence.
I love Kratom as well cause in small doses it calms me down but it also increases energy and focus so I am able to study good on it and I am able to read through a lot without boredom. They should see if Kratom has nootropic effects. I believe it does in small doses.

ALso before I fall Asleep on Kratom it seems to cause me to move between the waking world and dream world im doozing and I have fascinating dreams about a whole bunch of different things but im doozing( dreaming) then i wake up slightly and notice my room then i dooze again( dreaming) . But Sleep on Kratom is like heaven for me it really did wonders for me amongst the best natural herbs for sleep.
This is all of the things I noticed on Kratom.
I really hope they keep KRatom and Kanna herbs such as these legal they have alot of medical potential for pain as well.
I noticed Kratom reduces pain.

Ive been using kratom for about a year and love it. i usually dose around 10-15 grams of premium bali, which i guess is pretty high but any less and i dont really feel it.
Usually dose about 2-3 days a week to avoid tolerance build up. i have tried kanna several different ways and have never gotten any effect from it, not sure what im doing wrong.

Ive been using kratom for about a year and love it. i usually dose around 10-15 grams of premium bali, which i guess is pretty high but any less and i dont really feel it.
Usually dose about 2-3 days a week to avoid tolerance build up. i have tried kanna several different ways and have never gotten any effect from it, not sure what im doing wrong.

Bro I love Kratom as well I took 9 G tonight and Im just chilling right now the effects are awesome. Kanna has really good effects as well you read what I wrote above for me when I took the Kanna sublingual or nasally it did nothing only oral ingestion with water works for me and I took a dose of 2g and the high lasted 4-5 hours which is really long for Kanna. Kanna is kinda of similiar to Xanax the effects if you ever tried a benzo or Speed its somewhat similiar though not as potent but still pretty strong. Kanna has a stronger antidepressant effect than Imipramine and Imipramine had a strong effect to lif your mood its the original Antidepressant invited. It could be that the Kanna you bought was not from a good source, cause trust me Kanna works.

Kanna basically had a stronger SSRi effect than Imipramine on the serotonin between the synapses in your brain it works by priming the first time you take it the effects aren't the strongest.

Oh man, that cold sweating with the nausea is a harsh lesson but it teaches well! I had it with kratom resin, which is the WORST tasting thing ever to start with. The first time I OD on that I was ill for about 16 hours. A mate took some bali powder with me once - we had the same amount but it was his first time. He was ill for a whole 24 hours or more!

The thing is, I keep reading about Kratom addiction. While I am skeptical about media hype - I can't help wondering if some people do get withdrawal. I think though that even if you did, it would be a picnic compared to pretty much any other W/D.

Ill have to try oral kanna never used that ROA perhaps why no effects yet. i used to have a horrible addiction to alprazolam so looking for safer alternatives.
Recently started taking Phenibut and it is amazing but can be very addictive, but its legal without script in the states.

Never had ill effects from kratom but the most ive ever taken was around 20 grams.
I really like kratom because it helps me stay away from the harder opiates/opioids, which i used to have a problem with.

@movemauser i have heard of alot of people suffering withdrawals from kratom but it takes a bit longer and usually isnt as severe as other opioids/opiates. which is absolute hell from personal experience.

@movemauser and @wats615 Kratom is really good for me due to the fact it helps with my Insomnia it is as effective as Trycyclic Antidepressant Trazodone, I took my BAli Kratom last night and I slept 9 hours like a baby vivid dreams too and it seemed to be restorative sleep I feel like myself the next day. I wouldn't say I have catastrophic Insomnia but I get bouts of where I am sleeping only 4-5 hours a night a few days in a week and Kratom seems to increase my sleeping hours whilst at the same time increasing Sleeping Depth. Bali Kratom is what I used it helps with Sleep I heard about Thai Premium but I heard its a bit more stimulating.
I seem to be building a tolerance to the Nausea effect as well.

I love Plant medicine though and Kanna works as well not for sleep but it acts like an anxiety reducer for me, makes me feel at ease, Empathogen as well but slight effect.
Its effects are very relaxing and anxiety killing. I am amazed at how these plants interact with us HUmans I truly feel that Kratom and Kanna have a lot of Medicinal value especially for mental health, Sleep etc.
@wats615 I have heard about Phenibut it effects the GABA levels acting similiarly to some hypnotics its good for sleep as well.

@movemauser i have heard of alot of people suffering withdrawals from kratom but it takes a bit longer and usually isnt as severe as other opioids/opiates. which is absolute hell from personal experience.

I just don't get how Kratom is addictive. I bet a normal alcohol hangover is strawbs and cream compared to smack withdrawal. But I've had plenty extreme hangovers and they were all much worse than my worst Kratom withdrawal. I hesitated even to use the term 'kratom withdrawal'. That's how light it was.

Perhaps some of these newer products like things enhanced with pure mitragynine are more addictive...

you know what, Kratom needs way more analysis. It's so widely used but we know next to nothing about it.

Movemauser maN Kratom deff needs analysis, I think other substances need an Analysis that for me would be Sceletium Tortousum- Kanna it was used by Hunter gatherers in Africa walking the Arid climates. It boosts mood, Decreases Anxiety, Tension and stress and it has an SSRI antidepressant stronger than the Antidepressant IMipramine( Original antidepressant). Kanna worked for me as well I took up to 2 grams orally it was a good experience.
I am using Kratom and Kanna lately for Anxiety it seems some People suffer from Anxiety more than others my anxiety isn't the worst but its there these herbal compounds lifted it.
Kratom works wonders for my Insomnia unbelievable I don't know why it doesn;t effect you the way it effected me but its been stated Kratom effects People differently. I take Bali KRatom and for the first hour I am stimulated and chilling and listening to mUsic later on though heavy sedation hits me and I sleep like a baby. I slept 9 hours and 15 minutes. I am the individual who struggles to get passed 8 hours of sleep. I usually sleep between 4-6 hours every night on good nights im sleeping 6-8 hours.
I have mild insomnia some nights i just go by with 4 hours of sleep.
I think just because KRatom helps me get good sleep the next day I feel magnificently different mentally Energy levels are a lot higher mental and physical . Kratom has Medical effects.

I just hope it stays legal along with Kanna and I hope they legalize Cannabis as well. You know what I read somewhere?
That Humans and Plants have a relationship that dates thousands of years hence the reason our brain contains receptors that the plants compounds bind to.

I have found phenibut too be very anxiolytic and am glad I found it. Didn't get any anxiety or paronoia from smoking weed, which I usually get. Plan on trying phenibut with kratom as I heard it is very nice, just waiting on post man.

i am very interested in kanna and have just started using kratom myself. love it so far, and it is the only reason today is my 19th day off "real" opioids. i know eventually i will have to taper down, but right now i am just under too much stress to face life without a little something, so i'm using it basically as a maintenance drug for opiate addiction. i am interested in anything that synergizes with it, and have read great things about kanna + kratom (and kava kava + kratom, too.)

i'm also interested in phenibut and am hoping i can use it to get off benzos. i included them as part of my opiate detox/taper, and now that i'm almost out i'm having some pretty shitty anxiety. i prefer botanical/herbal/supplemental solutions to all health (mental or otherwise) issues, but sometimes it takes a little more. i'm taking various supplements and herbs in addition to the kratom for anxiety, depression and insomnia and many have been very effective and i don't feel like i'm chasing a high, which is a dangerous place for me to be mentally as it puts me in the mindset that it's okay to score some roxies or whatever and then BAM! back to being a full-time addict/fuck-up before i even notice it happening. :|