• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help!! Fingers numb and swollen after shooting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacktorrance1788

Greenlighter
Ok.. So I've never posted in a forum before. I did a lot of googling before I just decided to post.. Since this is an emergency and I'm not just trying to find the answer to some stupid question.

I've been shooting dope and/or blues (oxycodone 30mg) for a few months.

I just got some dope from a guy I've been seeing for a couple weeks.. Same dope, same stamp, same everything. A few times over the past month, however, after shooting I got a hot flash in my hand. I shoot into a vein on my left forearm most of the time.. Or into a vein on either of my wrists. And very rarely miss.

HOWEVER... Just now I shot 3 bags of dope... Into a vein in my wrist.. And afterwards I got that hot flash worse than ever, lasted a second.. And I slowly started to feel my hand swell up.. Pins and needles feeling everywhere.. And now my fingers are all so swollen I can't even make a full fist. I took some ibuprofen right away.. And it does feel a little better than when it started. My shot was about an hour ago.. The swelling started immediately after the shot.. And my fingers are still so swollen and I can barely make a fist. My hand and thumb seem ok.. And my high is normal.. And it's possible that I could've missed some of the shot.

About 5 minutes before this happened.. I was trying out a new sized needle.. And I couldn't draw my blood with it.. And was attempting to inject some of the shot in different places .. So I very well could've injected no more than 20ccs.. But missed.. I don't think that has anything to do with it... As the swelling and pins and needles and hot flash and panicking started immediately after the "successful" shot.

I was planning on going to the ER if this didn't show any positive progress soon.. But I REALLY don't want to.

My girlfriend says the same thing happened to her the other day and it went down on its own in about an hour.. But she's also waitin for me to bring her dope right now so will say anything to get me over there faster.. But I do believe that something of the sort happene to her recently.

HELP!!! SHOULD I GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM?

If not, what should I do?????

WHAT HAPPENED TO ME?? WHAT DO I DO

The only advise you are going to get on here is to go to ER as you can't be diagnosed over the net. Hope it works out OK.

You shot into an artery

That's what I thought but I don't understand why the fingers are swollen but not the hand. There may be a bit more to this than meets the eye which is why I didn't want to speculate but it still sounds like one for ER.

I never went to the ER... I wanted to see it got better on its own. My hand is back to normal.. Not swollen.. Fingers are not numb.. I feel as if it didn't happen. Are there any after effects that I should beware of? Anything I should do? Since it all got better as far as what meets the eye.. Should I still go see a doctor??

i really hope you didn't inject 20ccs and you mean 20 units cause thats way too much fluid to put into your veins

I never went to the ER... I wanted to see it got better on its own. My hand is back to normal.. Not swollen.. Fingers are not numb.. I feel as if it didn't happen. Are there any after effects that I should beware of? Anything I should do? Since it all got better as far as what meets the eye.. Should I still go see a doctor??

Being a careless sort I would also have waited a bit to see if it sorted itself out. I'm glad it seems to be working out. There may be nothing else to worry about but keep an eye on it and if you notice any deterioration I wouldn't waste more time but would head straight to ER as things could go downhill quickly should they start heading that way.

Otherwise, without evidence to the contrary, I wouldn't worry unduly. Shit happens.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.