14th Issue Heroin Discussion v. Hey white boy, what you doin' uptown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clean for 41 days! YES! First time going to TREATMENT, second time getting clean. Treatment was exactly what I should have done the first time..the first time around I just got on Suboxone, saw a psychologist weekly, went to a couple meetings here and there. I loved the treatment center that I just went to! I LOVED that they didnt shove the word "GOD" down my throat (I am an Atheist). I feel great now, and FUCK everyone who says "YOU ARE NOT REALLY CLEAN SINCE YOURE ON SUBOXONE". Actually, I AM CLEAN, smart asses (typically I hear that whole 'you aint clean' thing at NA meetings). I don't shoot dope anymore, so I am clean. The ONLY script I have is Suboxone..and I take it AS PRESCRIBED. I got off my (lovely) Ativan while in treatment, too.

Anyways, I'm clean! I'm happy! Cravings are a bitch, but I did delete my fellow junkies out of my phone, and blocked their numbers. I stay away from anyone who uses ANY drugs, just because I'm new in recovery. Damn, it feels good to be clean.

Good for you. Do what works for you and don't listen to the haters. Suboxone maintenance is certainly better than using and a lot of people need it to get their life in order. Some day you may be ready to drop it all together too.

Good for you. Do what works for you and don't listen to the haters. Suboxone maintenance is certainly better than using and a lot of people need it to get their life in order. Some day you may be ready to drop it all together too.

Thank you! Yes, I plan on staying on Suboxone maintenance for a year or two. Some folks may think that is "too long to be on subs", but it is actually necessary that I stay on it for that long. That's what works for me, and I'm sticking with it :)

Realize darlin that you are on a high right now from just being off drugs and your going to crash at some point. If you choose to use when you do crash off your clean high is up to you.

Realize darlin that you are on a high right now from just being off drugs and your going to crash at some point. If you choose to use when you do crash off your clean high is up to you.

That's like the few hours you have between when the high is over and you begin to get sick. Things actually will seem better when it's worn off and I'm going about my day without feeling sick thinking "I can do this, being sober isn't so bad" but then the sickness comes and you gotta cop. If it wasn't for the physical dependence opiates cause they would be a lot easier to stay away from.

I'm still clean and haven't been thinking about it as much at least. I had a wicked drug dream a few nights back and that was about it.

"YOU ARE NOT REALLY CLEAN SINCE YOURE ON SUBOXONE". Actually, I AM CLEAN, smart asses

Hate to break it to you but you are not clean, you are on suboxone, its not rocket science. The real challenge comes when your clean from all opiates.

I feel great now, and FUCK everyone who says "YOU ARE NOT REALLY CLEAN SINCE YOURE ON SUBOXONE". Actually, I AM CLEAN, smart asses (typically I hear that whole 'you aint clean' thing at NA meetings). I don't shoot dope anymore, so I am clean. The ONLY script I have is Suboxone..and I take it AS PRESCRIBED. I got off my (lovely) Ativan while in treatment, too.
So everybody else is wrong in saying your not clean and your right, o.k whatever.
BTW, Ms Clean heres some info,
Suboxone contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication. Buprenorphine is similar to other opioids such as morphine, codeine, and heroin however, it produces less euphoric ("high") effects and therefore may be easier to stop taking.

Everyone STFU I've heard this conversation a million fucking times. If you want to be that way everyone who drinks a fucking coffee or smokes a cigarette is on drugs. If someone takes suboxone they are no longer using heroin. They are clean from heroin. They are clean from being a fiending junkie. So what, they have to take an opiod based prescription to help them off the dope. That's a huge step in the right direction and for some being clean all together may never happen without taking that step in between. So stop busting balls and being technical, don't attack someone who is making positive decisions to help themselves and better their lives.

Good for you XTCAKE

If it wasn't for MMT and then bupe maintenence I wouldn't be 7 months completely clean from all opiates.

BTW, Ms Clean heres some info,
Suboxone contains a combination of buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication. Buprenorphine is similar to other opioids such as morphine, codeine, and heroin however, it produces less euphoric ("high") effects and therefore may be easier to stop taking.

Thanks for sharing. 8)

That's like the few hours you have between when the high is over and you begin to get sick. Things actually will seem better when it's worn off and I'm going about my day without feeling sick thinking "I can do this, being sober isn't so bad" but then the sickness comes and you gotta cop. If it wasn't for the physical dependence opiates cause they would be a lot easier to stay away from.

I'm still clean and haven't been thinking about it as much at least. I had a wicked drug dream a few nights back and that was about it.
Are you using subs to taper or cold turkey? Its the lack of energy that always breaks me. I have been on the lookout for some subs but no luck. I don't want to get them from a doctor.
Everyone STFU I've heard this conversation a million fucking times. If you want to be that way everyone who drinks a fucking coffee or smokes a cigarette is on drugs. If someone takes suboxone they are no longer using heroin. They are clean from heroin. They are clean from being a fiending junkie. So what, they have to take an opiod based prescription to help them off the dope. That's a huge step in the right direction and for some being clean all together may never happen without taking that step in between. So stop busting balls and being technical, don't attack someone who is making positive decisions to help themselves and better their lives.

Good for you XTCAKE
Well said, methadone or suboxone is better than being a junky. I can't belive how many people talk shit about maintenance here.

Are you using subs to taper or cold turkey? Its the lack of energy that always breaks me. I have been on the lookout for some subs but no luck. I don't want to get them from a doctor.
Well said, methadone or suboxone is better than being a junky. I can't belive how many people talk shit about maintenance here.

Why not try a little coke or meth when detoxing off dope instead of other opiates....
otherwise your just extending your withdrawal even longer and sometimes it even makes the w/d worse than the heroin you did in the first place

Two weeks ago I took suboxone for 3 days and that was it. I had 1 strip so did 3mg for the first two days and 2mg on the third day and nothing after that. I didn't really have any withdrawals. Sure there were some symptoms but I got sleep each night and wasn't hot/cold and sweating. I was just achy and my legs were restless.

Part of the reason why the withdrawals weren't bad was because mentally I knew I couldn't be fucking around with dope anymore so I wasn't even thinking about it. Now if I was sitting there thinking about copping then it would have been worse, but I was staying busy with the new girlfriend who is very anti-opiate, so I've just been having a good time with her.

As for the debate about people being clean vs maintenance clean, take it to this thread.

Why not try a little coke or meth when detoxing off dope instead of other opiates....
otherwise your just extending your withdrawal even longer and sometimes it even makes the w/d worse than the heroin you did in the first place
I'm trying to get some amps to see if that helps.

so my friend let me borrow his crack pipe because i bought a bundle for 1/3rd of the cost it normally is (my connect needed the money to reup).

since im good on rock for today, im walking around my house casually smoking heroin and blowing lines off various items. good day right there

and i just got a phonecall from a friend who is now running a location for a certain large chain coffeeshop with a location right near my house. guess who got a paying job, lol.

Last edited:

Probably because he doesn't want his w/d's to get horrendously worse. I've tried using coke for w/d and holy shit it just made everything so much worse. That's like the worst idea ever IMO./ I'm currently in withdrawal (minor albeit but still w/d nonetheless) and the last thing on my mind is any stimulant.

Probably because he doesn't want his w/d's to get horrendously worse. I've tried using coke for w/d and holy shit it just made everything so much worse. That's like the worst idea ever IMO./ I'm currently in withdrawal (minor albeit but still w/d nonetheless) and the last thing on my mind is any stimulant.
Coke would be too expensive and it is not something I could do at work. Some Ritalin or adderall would help I think if done sparingly. Luckily I don't have a raging dope habbit but do take norco everyday and have been thinking about taking a break.

def need a break. been using every day for about two months now. Needs to stop for a few weeks or a month. did two bundles today in about 6 hours. not good. And I didn't nod once. Either the shit is getting weak, or my tolerance is getting too high. The p-town dope is not doing it for me right now. I can only get a nod when I mix the dope with a good amount of booze. Or else no nod. Might try NYC dope out Snip

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone stfu i've heard this conversation a million fucking times. If you want to be that way everyone who drinks a fucking coffee or smokes a cigarette is on drugs. If someone takes suboxone they are no longer using heroin. They are clean from heroin. They are clean from being a fiending junkie. So what, they have to take an opiod based prescription to help them off the dope. That's a huge step in the right direction and for some being clean all together may never happen without taking that step in between. So stop busting balls and being technical, don't attack someone who is making positive decisions to help themselves and better their lives.

Good for you xtcake

word.

Status
Not open for further replies.