PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Kratom

Pages : [1] 2

boardrider
21-09-2012, 23:39
What is everyones favorite type of kratom? I've been trying different ones and they all seem to have a little different feeling. I'm going for the Extra Enhanced Bali Kratom next.

brutus
22-09-2012, 00:46
Bluelight doesn't allow any sort of vendor discussion, so this thread is for the types not brands of kratom.

JJ-180
22-09-2012, 00:53
Depends what you're looking for. Smacky, out-of-it-ness, I recommend 10 g Red vein Borneo. Buzzy whoo-lets-get-it-on-ness I'd recommend around 8g Greeen Malay or Thai Maeng Da. Don't expect to be knocked on yr ass by Kratom, but it has a certain charm all of its own.

LogicSoDeveloped
23-09-2012, 12:10
I ate a few grams of the green malay variety maybe 45 minutes ago. I think I'd prefer the red vein borneo though for this time of day. I think the green malay would be better put to use in the mornings.

JJ-180
25-09-2012, 00:09
Oh very much so, white vein in the morning, red vein at night.

That sounds like a saying: Red vein at night, junkie's delight

treezy z
25-09-2012, 03:15
i like straight bali, extracts are a rip off IMO.

LogicSoDeveloped
25-09-2012, 08:56
i like straight bali, extracts are a rip off IMO.

That's what I've read elsewhere as well. You get way more for your money on just the regular.

Johnny blue
26-09-2012, 04:55
So you guys actually get a buzz or are you just using it to help kick or something. Just wondering what level of experience anyone has that can use kratom for rec.

LogicSoDeveloped
26-09-2012, 06:36
I have almost no opiate experience whatsoever-I've done hydrocodone once at 10mg, Oxycodone twice at 5 mg and accidentally drank codeine syrup once when I was drunk as hell. I've smoked opium a couple times and that's really about it.

Kratom, I've done maybe a dozen times because I rarely like to order it seeing as I try to stay away from opiates but once every few months isn't bad I don't think.

I really like it in combos like with MXE for example.

boardrider
26-09-2012, 22:18
I started using kratom to help with the withdraw. I've taken any pain killer you can think of pills, powders, amps. But I recently moved from PA so I have no connections here in charlotte yet so that's why im sticking with it. Its deff nice high I found this gold extract and you take like .5-1g of that and it feels like a perk 10 or maybe a little more doesn't last long tho like 2hrs.

McHigh_HMG
27-09-2012, 01:54
Its withdrawl, not withdraw.

I dont know much about kratom and actually would like to try it. From what ive read, it seems like it does alot of for withdrawl.

LogicSoDeveloped
02-10-2012, 00:34
Its withdrawl, not withdraw.

I dont know much about kratom and actually would like to try it. From what ive read, it seems like it does alot of for withdrawl.

It's a lot, not "alot."

http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/alot_a_lot_allot.htm

brutus
02-10-2012, 02:36
^ It's withdrawal too.

Kratom bomb
02-10-2012, 02:46
Premium Bali is my favorite, I use it recreationaly. I take an average of 30 grams, 40 is too intense. Kratom can be as much of an opiate as you want it to be, I love it. If you are willing to eat the quantities that I do, then there is no reason to use conventional opiates. No I am not opiate naive, I used to abuse the shit out of tramadol, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, codiene, propoxyphine, buprenorphine, and oxycodone.
I wish I could say where I get it, but can't. It's really a hell of a drug.

RecklessWOT
02-10-2012, 03:01
I've never had the stuff, how does the high compare to other opes? Is it euphoric or just all body? All opiates are different, some of which really aren't even that great (yeah morphine I'm fucking talking about you). I get that at high doses it can feel like an opiate, but which ones would you compare it to?

daytryptr
02-10-2012, 03:16
Bali used to be my favorite plain leaf strain when i was eating leaf powder. Very reminiscent of hydros, and it felt like a speedball all in one, very nice at low doses for getting through a workday, and another few grams at the end of the day makes even the shittiest day a whole lot brighter.

These days i stick to extracts for the most, don't really know what strain the stuff i have is from, but it feels like bali and despite all the extract shit talking, its nice economical potent stuff. Doesn't rip your gut up from all the tannins in plain leaf either.

Kratom bomb
02-10-2012, 04:18
It's most comparable to hydrocodone, It's euphoric and a killer body high. It feels like an opiate at low doses too, but with a kick of energy too.

RecklessWOT
02-10-2012, 04:42
Oh okay, thanks guys.

Sir_Kit
18-10-2012, 23:39
So you guys actually get a buzz or are you just using it to help kick or something. Just wondering what level of experience anyone has that can use kratom for rec. I'd say much more people use it for rec than withdrawl. During w/d kratom was a dissapointment, but now that I am not a daily ope user anymore, kratom offers a buzz bigger than a bee hive. I like the cheap ass crushed leaf, shove it in caps, just take alot of it (10-20 grams), add some diphenhydramine and bam, the high is incredible, even on par with some tramadol/hydrocodone experiences, only problem is its always cheaper to just buy rx meds unless you are ordering the kratom by the kilo on a cheap ass website or something

LogicSoDeveloped
22-10-2012, 20:20
These days i stick to extracts for the most, don't really know what strain the stuff i have is from, but it feels like bali and despite all the extract shit talking, its nice economical potent stuff. Doesn't rip your gut up from all the tannins in plain leaf either.

Honestly dude, you saying "doesn't rip your gut up from all the tannins in plain leaf" makes me want to try extracts. The main reason I've been avoiding kratom is from the pretty bad nausea I feel from it. That's the only real problem I've ever had from Kratom and I always use the capsule method.

If the extracts are affordable, then I will look into them.

only problem is its always cheaper to just buy rx meds unless you are ordering the kratom by the kilo on a cheap ass website or something

I wil not say what I pay for kratom but I don't purchase amounts that big and as far as my calculations go, it is significantly cheaper than what everyone is comparing it to. Keep in mind I have absolutely NO opiate tolerance. I've only done opiates maybe a half dozen times, a dozen times if you include kratom.

Draind
08-11-2012, 19:13
I prefer red veined kratoms, borneo or indo usually. A nice dark bali is good for the mix.
I fell in love with this enriched borneo thats just super sedating. Cost exactly double plain leave but its worth it

Wolfmans_BrothEr
23-12-2012, 15:22
I was skeptical of kratom at first but if you can get it from a good vendor it can be great. Personally I like red vein Thai and Borneo/Bali (theyre the same thing)

One vendor has some excellent enriched red vein Thai and it feels almost identical to the real thing. Another guy I kno offers Bali enhanced with uei and that's also amazing.

I discovered kratom through being a dope head and I live 20 min from Newark so I know what a good high feels like, and kratom can be a nice substitute, esp cuz of it's legal status. Extracts raise the shit outta ur tolerance so I tend to stick with plain leaf

JunkieDays
23-12-2012, 17:42
Hmm, so.. How much does Kratom help with withdrawal?
Do you still get the hot/cold flashes and restless legs?

XxxshortyxxX
11-02-2013, 03:47
My favorite type of kratom so far is Thai. I have some UEI on the way, how much should i dose? I usually take 6-7 grams of plain leaf. Also, does switching stains really help tolerance?
Junkie- kratom was a life saver for me when going through wd. It isnt a cure or anything but i felt a huge difference. It took the urge away amd made it bearable for me.

WayneRooney
12-02-2013, 01:25
Question:

Thought this is the most relevant place to ask?

I've tried a few different powdered lead strains of Kratom, and to be honest I've not noticed much difference between the strains. I have to take a lot to get the required effects (about 10g) and with such amounts I get digestive issues......

However I've also tried extracts, and enhanced formulas (which I gather seem to get a bad rep amongst forums like this) and they seemed to be much more effective. The euphopria/ motivation was better, and I had to take much less of the substance. I think both enhanced Thai Kratom and Maeng Da 15x were the two I was particularly impressed with.

What are other peoples experiences with extracts?

Also I'm getting some UEI tomorrow. I hear its particularly strong. What dose should I go with considering I like 10g of a normal powedered leaf, or 3-4g of an extract/enhanced formula?

XxxshortyxxX
12-02-2013, 22:53
Question:

Also I'm getting some UEI tomorrow. I hear its particularly strong. What dose should I go with considering I like 10g of a normal powedered leaf, or 3-4g of an extract/enhanced formula?
My UEI comes today too. From what I have read you should start at one gram, it seems to be really potent, but I have not gotten a real answer from anyone yet on where to start.

Aporia
14-02-2013, 02:44
@JunkieDays: I'm on day three off my meds and all I have used is Kratom. I had roughly and 80mg oxy/day habit, occasionally going up towards 140mg( but not often). Sunday was my last day dosing my meds and I've been able to sleep WELL, eat, shit, work, take care of my kid, EVERYTHING! It is way more expensive than rx'd meds off the street, but when you want to get clean, not just stay well till your next fix, it's worth it :)

XxxshortyxxX
17-02-2013, 02:24
^ I must agree. Kratom is way more expensive than opiates. It's really not fair how all these doctors push narcotic pain meds and never mention something as amaizing as kratom for pain! Kratom belongs in health stores and pharmacy's. It should be cheaper than vicodin. Even if it was prescription only there would be so many people off narcotic pain relivers.

boogereater
20-02-2013, 00:06
I like tinctures myself, but I got thai kratom in plant form. I made tea out of it, but its too freaking strong. Any ideas on how I should administer the leaf? Thinking about buying capsules and taking them by mouth

XxxshortyxxX
20-02-2013, 11:07
You can cap or do toss n wash. I use orange juice, it covers the flavor well. Take a sip of juice, pour the powder into your mouth, take another sip to wash it all down. Be carefull not to breathe in during the process, i have inhaled the powder many times lol. Its easier to do smaller amounts, too much makes me gag but that depends on the person.

boogereater
20-02-2013, 14:23
Yeah, have had that happen with goody powders before, not a fun experience

daytryptr
01-03-2013, 04:45
After a few month stint with quality extracts, im back on the plain leaf.

Kinda torn on whether i like the better effects of t/w bali, maeng da, or deep jungle indo, or the ease of 100-200mg of nice fs 30x. One things for sure, the extract can't touch the plain leaf (powdered, t/w, swished with water and chased with water, really the best way to get it down) in terms of value and better effects.

The tannins/oxylates in plain leaf don't exactly make it taste like lollipops and icecream though. But you don't drink aya/cactus tea for the taste either ;)

dcraver877
10-03-2013, 15:43
red kali 2% and sundanese are my favorites

HighonLife
10-03-2013, 22:45
got some bali powder

and they gave me a free sample of super malay

not sure when ima get around to tryin em but ill report back when i do

daytryptr
10-03-2013, 23:13
got some bali powder

and they gave me a free sample of super malay

not sure when ima get around to tryin em but ill report back when i do

Hooray for samples!!

I love me some bali, one of my favorites for sure. Whenever i order my vendor always tosses in a rediculous amount of free samples. Which i then try and want to buy more of since its the shiznizzle von snipsnap kibootle. Good marketing strategy for sure. I have a half dozen strain samples i need to get around to tasting now that you got me thinking about it. Sure would make this cold i have a bit more comefortable ;)

HELP!
18-03-2013, 21:28
Never used Kratom before - got some coming hopefully tomorrow. I decided to go for powdered Borneo Red Vein and powdered Premium Indo, 50g of each.

Anyone tried these before? Good choice?

Thanks.

HighonLife
19-03-2013, 01:03
well ive been 'mostly clean off opiates for awhile now, been dabblin a bit lately,

had been using 120mg of oxycodone then found some methadone that was super cheap n was usin 30-35mg of methadone

used 7grams of powdered green bali the other day n while it didnt provide that euphoria or anything it was a very noticable mood lift/pleasentness, think it woulda been quite enjoyable if i coulda smoked some nugs

but im usin the kratom to mitigate any minor symptoms from a ~month long methadone bender so im not lookin for euphoria but i was surprised with the effects i got from the 7 grams of kratom, i was expecting to be underwhelmed n needing more but i actually feel i coulda gotten away with less since im just tryin to taper down with it

Putingrad
20-03-2013, 22:05
Red Vein Indo.

Not quite as sedating as Bali, but a good bit more euphoria-inducing and opiate-like. The only type of kratom that I can get a proper nod from, which has happened on many occasions. Kratom is a strange beast though, and as anyone who has extensive experience with it knows there is little consistency form day to day with the effects, and the exact effects you achieve from a given dose are heavily influenced by many different variables. The strain is but one variable, and often enough seems to be one of the more minor ones...

Part Time Junkie
30-03-2013, 05:32
Maeng Da Kratom def

daytryptr
02-04-2013, 06:03
I think i've settled on some good old bali.

Plain crushed leaf, a dependable supplier with great prices quality, a good coffee grinder, and some yoghurt is all i need.

Found my strain i'm going to build my multi kilo stash up on. Coincidentally, the strain that really made me apprecciate kratom, before i forgot about if for a few years.

Maeng Da is nice and all, but the best functional kratom, that has the perfect balance of euphoria/energy/sedation/pain relief is bali, imho.

Long day at work, and 2g of plain leaf in 6oz of youghurt is not only easy to get down, its a taste i've began to apprecciate. All the back/muscle pain goes away, and i'm not nodding off, or inhibited at all much, with a bit of magnesium as well too.

And higher doses are the occasional treat, that really hits the spot, i swear magnesium/kratom is the best anti-depressant i've ever had.

Quick HR tip btw-

Take magnesium (preferably citrate powder, dissolved in water) with your kratom powder. Kratom leaf has a bit of oxylates, and co-administration of magnesium helps prevent calcium oxylate crystals (kidney stones) from forming in your kidneys. Magnesium oxylate is something like 500x more soluble in urine, and a study done has shown that almost all the people with kidney stones tested, were magnesium deficient.

Snowzer
20-06-2013, 02:22
I would tend to agree about most extracts being a rip off. For me, the Premium Super Green Bali (Plain Leaf) works wonders for my pain, depression, and anxiety!

weekend addiction
22-06-2013, 07:11
I have little experience with other strains but I like bali and maeng da. A combo seems like it would be ideal I think I'm going to get 4 ounces of bali and one of Maeng Da and mix them next time.

Boupstarnm
29-06-2013, 07:06
I don't know why you guys are saying kratom is expensive. Without breaking rules a half pound of cheap stuff goes for about as much as an OC 80. That's 14 grams a day for 16 days. That's cheap as fuck in comparison. At least for now I can afford a habit.

I have a decade of on again off again opiate use. And kratom is legit. My favorite strain is one of the "gold" types. The only thing I don't like about kratom is the almost trippy disoriented feeling on the come up. The gold stuff just feels smooth on the come up like vicodin. But for half the price the cheap stuff does the trick just fine.

figure11
29-06-2013, 22:40
Oh very much so, white vein in the morning, red vein at night.

That sounds like a saying: Red vein at night, junkie's delight

Haha!

figure11
29-06-2013, 22:41
I think I'd really like kratom if I could figure out an easier way to ingest it. The tea (especially with powder/extract) can be pretty gross.

daytryptr
30-06-2013, 03:54
I think I'd really like kratom if I could figure out an easier way to ingest it. The tea (especially with powder/extract) can be pretty gross.

yogurt.

Seriously, i can eat a few grams of powdered bali in some greek god strawberry yogurt, and there's almost no bitterness, or funky taste. Goes down easy, and after trying a ton of different kratom ingestion methods, i find this to be the best way.

Snake_Eyes
30-06-2013, 04:31
yogurt.

Seriously, i can eat a few grams of powdered bali in some greek god strawberry yogurt, and there's almost no bitterness, or funky taste. Goes down easy, and after trying a ton of different kratom ingestion methods, i find this to be the best way.

5 grams in orange juice for me. Like you said it makes it a little bitter but the OJ really masks the taste.

daytryptr
30-06-2013, 05:00
5 grams in orange juice for me. Like you said it makes it a little bitter but the OJ really masks the taste.

The cool thing about yogurt, is that the tannins bind to the casein, and almost completely eliminate the astringency from the tannins in kratom that make it taste so repulsive. IMHO, thats the main reason why its so hard to get down, and once you remove the astringency, and mask the taste with the strawberry flavor, along with encasing the surface area of the powder with the yogurt, its quite palatable.

All i need is about 2oz by volume of yogurt, for every 2.5g of bali. Basically 2 spoon fulls of yogurt for every 3g of kratom leaf powder.

I rarely find myself taking extracts, or ingesting in any other way than that. It just works to fucking good to bother with other ways of getting kratom powder/extracts down.

Tea, always tasted the worst for me personally.

Just get plenty of magnesium if you do ingest kratom powder on a regular basis. Nobody likes kidney stones, and there's a decent bit of oxalates in kratom. Calcium + oxalates = kidney stones.

magnesium + oxalates = magnesium oxalate, that's 567x more soluble in urine than calcium oxalate. And iirc, in the presence of both calcium and magnesium the oxalate preferentially bonds with magnesium.

Most Americans are magnesium deficient btw as well. I take damn near a gram of ionic magnesium carbonate (gram of atomic magnesium, not counting the citric acid or the carbonic acid) daily, and its done nothing but good things for my health in general.

Its cheap too, just get the generic stuff, not natural calm. Make sure its the ionic stuff too, and then add some Gatorade mix/generic electrolyte drink mix to it. Way fucking cheaper than natural calm, and just as effective.

HolyShitLifeSucks
06-07-2013, 09:58
Dam

HolyShitLifeSucks
06-07-2013, 10:05
:\What about mixing with coffee and percolating.... (Not popping Percocet, but brew coffee grinds with leaf,,,..)