• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pramipexole drug interactions

cannibalsnail

Bluelighter
Its a mixed D2/3/4 agonist with preferential binding to D3. Drugs I am interested in are Stimulants (DRI + DRA), Psychedelics and Cannabis.

My theory regarding stimulants is that it would lower binding at D2 type receptors due to Pramipexoles higher binding affinity than DA. Increased D1 binding would make them more euphoric maybe?

Psychedelics sensitize D2 receptors so does this mean higher D2 activity or unchanged?

Cannabis interactions with Dopamine neurones is unknown to me.

Any thoughts?

Most stimulants don't bind dopamine Dx receptors directly.

Also most dopamine agonists are not full agonists and do not always produce f/x "typical" of dopamine agonism.

Basing drug interactions off of "This drug X binds receptor R1, drug Y binds R1 too" can be a slippery slope with "dirty" drugs that hit multiple targets. Neuroscience is not as simple as "block recptor R1 and receptor R2 gets activated more".

I would stick to finding drug interactions the "old fashioned" way, I.e. reading medical journals and examining practical evidence. Do a quick lookup to see if anyone has indicated pramipexole might interfere with e.g. methylphenidate or other similar drugs related to the classes you're looking into.

AFAIK dopamine agonists do not neccesarily "potentiate" any drugs. The major side f/x I have heard of are wierd pseudocompulsive desires like shopping/gambling/sex addictions, motor tics, and/or change in moods. Jamshyd was playing with bromocriptine as a DA agonist but decided it was crap after experimentation. DA agonism just doesn't seem to produce the "expected" effects in many.

I have used cannabis by smoking to fight insomnia will on pramipexole and noticed very little effect or side effects. Then I decided to eat a edible of cannabis, what a big mistake. I woke up in the middle of the night and could nearly walk, may head felt as it was going to explode. I think what made matters worse is I had a change in labs for the pramipexole and seemed to be having more side effects before this such as, insomnia and lower energy levels. Its been one week and I am on the rebound but not with out a trip to the ER. Weakness in the legs, confusion clearing and energy coming back, but I have had to reduce the amount of pramipexole. Be careful taking a edible with this drug is my advice and recommendation.