• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Serious Benzo / Opioids/opiates / lyrica thread

DragTheDevil187

Bluelighter
Hell everyone,
i wrote a previous long long post and it got deleted.
I have been clean from heroin for over 7 months, very proud of myself
Before and after H, i took Xanax quite often. Xanax is my drug. I have a fear of driving, being in public, talking to women, ect.
Without Xanax, i am terrified to drive, dont care about being in public.

Here the thing, i cant get a xanax script really anymore, or at least havent tried since i had to be given 4 narcan Ivs to be woken up

My question is, does Lyrica work on the same receptors as xanax (liek will it give me the self confidence i need?

Im a 21 year old, im not ugly, just feel like im worht no ones time, never had a girlfriend never had sex, but when i take xanax, i want to learn to drive and talk to the womens.

Could/would lyrica or gabapentin possible give the same effects as Xanax, just having to build it? I dont want to become a benzo fiend, H was bad enough. Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks BL

lyrica/gabapentin work similarly to xanax but it's very different the both work on GABA but benzos work on benzodiazepine receptors

TY for replyi9ng

lyrica/gabapentin work similarly to xanax but it's very different the both work on GABA but benzos work on benzodiazepine receptors

So does this mean that is potential lyrica/gabapentin( i know they are not the same subtance, Lyr and Neuron) will work like a long term xanax, or does xanax make me feel like i'm not scared to drive and talk to give because of the benzo aspect of it. I just want to live life, be able to talk to girls without sweating and shaking, and just be able to relax in public, im tired of getting high, i just wanna be happy:(

I haven't used xanax, but I've used klonopin and ativan. My main drug is opioids.
I am currently prescribed lyrica. It is comparable and definitely helps mildy in the same way benzos do.
You might get a high or whatever when you start taking it, but if you take it regularly, you will not achieve that as the tolerance just goes up crazily... just like gabapentin and you hear about people taking grams at a time.

IME benzos like xanax are far more effective at relieving anxiety than lyrica or gabapentin

indeed...to put it in perspective...I gotta take 4g of gabapentin to get anywhere near a relaxed feeling as opposed to 6mg of xanax....

I know your asking about lyrica but I think you would benifit a whole lot more from a ssri like Paxil or lexapro. You take it daily and it builds up in your system and it can turn a anxiety ridden mess into a social fun loving person. I know personally. It did have some side effects but I could drive in heavy traffic. I could walk into a bar alone and have the best time. I'm a girl and I did not drink, do drugs, or smoke. Of course I am a girl but it took away all inside phobias I had.

I think you should look into SSRI and talk to your dr about it. It helped me through a dark part of my life. I took it 10 years ago and I have been married with 3 kids since. I'm very happy with my life. Today I don't need it.

Thanks for all the info here guys and gals! I really really do appreciate it. Sorry i was mispelling a bit last night and today. my only problem with SSRI-type drugs is they make me go psychotic. Now with this said, i have been addicted to opiates since i was 16 (im 21) up until 7 months ago). SO while i was being put on these SSRIs, i had super bad reactios to them (paxil, effexor, welbutrin, seroquil, ect) So i was very anti-antidepressant i guess you could say, they have always made me feel bad, but I do not know if i felt like that because i was addicted to opiates already, or if my body just hates strattera and all that other junk i metnioned. Anyways, thanks for the help so far ever, maybe one day i can be happy without eating a fistful of xanax, thatd be my dream, to just jeel normal

Just a question has anyone who has been prescribed lyrica for say a year or two ever been able to be prescribed anything above the 600mg maximum dosage ( I live in the UK so it might be different elsewhere) because I am damn sure Lyrica isn't doing anything but I have to keep taking it because Im pretty sure I get some form of withdrawal from it.

Yes I have a friend who has 900mg Lyrica on script. I live in Europe. Personally I have a script for 600mg/day. Most doctors won't give above that. I have taken 2-3g max. sometimes.

My brother was prescribed 1.2g a day because of neuropathic pain. He had some withdrawals but nothing compared to opiate/benzo withdrawals, and he tapered using gabapentin so it was fairly painless, so he said.