• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine crack craving too extreme

Phenethylamine420

Bluelighter
Okay, so heres the story, i used to smoke crack alllllll the time, sold all my shit, quit my job, fucking literally hit rock bottom. i eventually got the help i needed in a 12 month extensive rehabilitation program, worked really well too. I had been clean for the last 4 years. A few days ago i met up with my brother, whom i havent seen in a couple years and he had a substantial ammount of crack with him. i havent slept for the past 3 days because ive been constantly sitting in my living room, smoking crack. now the course of which my brother was here he smoked me up for free the whole past 3 days, but he left about an hour ago, and im really tempted to do something stupid to get more. i dont want more but i do at the same time. Is there anything that can mediate the extreme cravings i am having?

probably not a good idea to go on a 3 day crack binge after a 12 month rehab.

If it were me id get a bunch of benzos and sleep off the cravings.

Try to go to sleep and put some time between you and last hit.

Don't do anything stupid.

Go for a walk. Take a shower. Eat something. Bananas help calm the nerves and help induce sleep better than warm milk. Have them both.

This is the best advice I can give you.

Benzos would be best, if that's impossible get some diphenhydramine or similar sedative AH, relax and try and sleep.

Benzos would be best, if that's impossible get some diphenhydramine or similar sedative AH, relax and try and sleep.

I find it a little bit funny how people say to relax on a coke / crack comedown. Realistically, it is not to possible to relax, just accept your gonna go threw hell for an hour or two and ride it out. I find DPH pretty useless to, although that may be because I use it as a regular sleeping aid a few times awake.

Realistically the only way to "enjoy" the cocaine comedown would be opiates, and lets face it, that's just awakening a whole nother dragon!

just hang in there man. Keep telling your self every second that goes by is a second closer to getting through it.

the best thing you could do is go to AA/NA meetings and get a support group to help you talk yourself out of using and working the steps is similar to going to therapy but it's free

Agree with the 12 step approach. For me personally, Cocaine Anonymous is the fellowship where i feel at home. May sound ridiculous if you have reservations about the fellowships or no experience, but get on your knees and pray for the obsession to be removed.Not necessarily to god- a higher power of your own understanding. I initially started using my deceased grandfather. Ride the craving out and be strong. Think of how far you've come since you quit and of how much you've got to lose.And lose it you will, quickly.Especially with crack, IME.

just hang in there man. Keep telling your self every second that goes by is a second closer to getting through it.

Spot on! Good luck mate, it takes a lot of will power to tell yourself no - but it can be done :)

Man I used to be the biggest crack head, went thru the same shit as you. I relapsed, but relapsed with crystal meth, i love to smoke crystal because i find the high is similar but.much more longer lasting and not.near as fiendish and i never crave crack anymore but dont do what i did and switch but since u relapsed that much with a quantity like that its gonna be tough to fight off a blast craving, meth has saved my life in the sense of its kept me functional still, still workin and paying bills while maintaining lifes priorities..please just dont go back to the rock,u know where it will take u again...