• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Does anyone else have this same problem?

PillPoppinAnimal1

Bluelighter
Okay, so I was a oxy and heroin user for almost 3 years, Ive been clean for 7 months now and feel great. It has been a tough 7 months. By the way, I cold turkey quit, and I was using close to 2 grams of herion a day.

Anyhow, I quit that evil stuff, but I do still have some fun every now and then with other (non opiate) drugs and alcohol, and I have noticed that without a doubt, my tolerance for almost any kind of drug and alcohol is super high... I always have to drink twice as much as any of my friends to just catch a small buzz, and every time I have done any other kind of drugs I have to do a crazy big amount to feel it..

-My question is, has anyone quit opiates and felt like this same kind of thing happened to them?

-I drink maybe once every two weeks, and if I want to get "Drunk" I have to drink an entire 5th of hard liqour. I know that is not normal for someone who isn't a daily hard drinker. hmmmm

yes. simply...it takes a long time..and you're never the same after..
but your tolerance will go down...but it's gonna take longer...and you're going to have to quit any downers including alcohol.

stop drinking poison please.

<3token

I have noticed other drugs don't effect me the same way pre opiate use.

thank you for lettin me know that! I knew that it takes a long time for your body to get back to normal again, But I just think It's kinda weird that my tolerance for like EVERYTHING is huge now... I can see that the opiate use would have some affect toward my overall drug/alcohol tolerance, but im still just blown away with how much my body needs to intake to get any sort of buzz. I never abused any other drugs/alcohol AT ALL either.. HMMMmm I will just always be baffled by this.

An Zoeylynn, Im glad I have someone here that is actually on the same page as me.. haha =D

Alcohol is by far one of the most disgusting, detrimental, soul-destroying POISONS there are, I recommend you quit your drinking right away.

My tolerance for just about everything is high these days, not because I still use either, just cuz I went so hard with drugs in the past.

I seriously drink like once every 2 weeks or so on a weekend night.. But yeah, I was in rehab a year ago several different times tryin to kick the heroin an while I was in there I saw alot of guys detoxing from alcohol, I never knew that alcohol had such a harsh withdrawal and ruins your body so bad until I went to that rehab. damn, It shocked me.. When I went in to that place I was thinkin the alcoholics were gonna have a walk in the park during the stay, but def NOT 8o

I seriously drink like once every 2 weeks or so on a weekend night.. But yeah, I was in rehab a year ago several different times tryin to kick the heroin an while I was in there I saw alot of guys detoxing from alcohol, I never knew that alcohol had such a harsh withdrawal and ruins your body so bad until I went to that rehab. damn, It shocked me.. When I went in to that place I was thinkin the alcoholics were gonna have a walk in the park during the stay, but def NOT 8o

oh ya. benzos and booze are the worst withdraws there are.

pretty sure there the only drugs that can kill you from withdraw.

Since quitting the opiates, i never know what to do for fun on the weekends anymore because it seems like everything is boring now, so I always decide to go out to the local bar or club downtown and have drinks with friends.. It always ends up being that because its hard to think of many other things to do when all your friends are at the bar, ya know..?

oh ya. benzos and booze are the worst withdraws there are.

pretty sure there the only drugs that can kill you from withdraw.

That and Barbiturates.

Since quitting the opiates, i never know what to do for fun on the weekends anymore because it seems like everything is boring now, so I always decide to go out to the local bar or club downtown and have drinks with friends.. It always ends up being that because its hard to think of many other things to do when all your friends are at the bar, ya know..?

Make a major lifestyle change man, find something that interests you. You like cars? Dirt Bikes? Find a hobby man, or some sort of skill building exercises, better yet EXERCISE.

Get so buff that you spend all of your time with females.

Last edited:
Yeeepp.. While I was in there, one alcoholic guy died from a heart attack, and another guy that was a benzo addict had to get taken away to go stay at a psych ward. Crazy ishhh.

yup, and to think that some of the most damaging drugs around are the ones that are legal and can be bought at a store near you....alcohol and nicotine

yup, and to think that some of the most damaging drugs around are the ones that are legal and can be bought at a store near you....alcohol and nicotine

this, when you smoke and drink you're at such such such higher risks for cancer and other serious debilitating conditions like heart attack and stroke.

I really don't see from a purely logical standpoint how alcohol is not a scheduled drug. It seems to exceed all the requirements to make the list, yet it's totally socially accepted. Parents by and large don't even care if their teens drink. Yet they would be on a crusade if they found out they were smoking pot...

Never has made sense to me, likely because there is no sense to it.

I really don't see from a purely logical standpoint how alcohol is not a scheduled drug. It seems to exceed all the requirements to make the list, yet it's totally socially accepted. Parents by and large don't even care if their teens drink. Yet they would be on a crusade if they found out they were smoking pot...

Never has made sense to me, likely because there is no sense to it.
^^Amen.

Makes perfect sense. Government can't tax pot if we all grow it. Therefore unleash the propaganda...

Getting a little sidetracked here. Back to the OPs thought, my. 02$ is that I'm planning on detoxing from opiates this week(aren't we all lol) and the best thing to do is RESET your body and not touch anything for a year. Even then, fuck I definitely wont be at baseline. Nothing will ever be the same again, but my experience in sobriety tells me that it takes about a year, at least for my body, to respond as positively to an ice cream cone as it did before I picked up a 1200mg a day roxi habit. At six months I usually am most vulnerable to relapse.

On a sidenote, fuck alcohol.

I think alot of it has to do with how opiates deplete and screw up the brains neurotransmitters. Without the aid of a correcting agent (anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, anti-anxiety) you operate with a depletion of the necessary feel good chemicals at baseline and makes feeling euphoria that much more difficult.

Perhaps if you addressed the underlying issue that drove you to use in the first place, you could receive treatment thus allowing you to enjoy the occasional good time without having to overdo it.

I think alot of it has to do with how opiates deplete and screw up the brains neurotransmitters. Without the aid of a correcting agent (anti-depressant, anti-psychotic, anti-anxiety) you operate with a depletion of the necessary feel good chemicals at baseline and makes feeling euphoria that much more difficult.

This. Getting something Rx'd like neurontin may help with the post-acute withdrawal symptoms and aid in helping your body return to some semblance of 'basline.' Neurontin in particular is known to help heal neurological connection throughout the body and could possibly help you feel normal. It did wonders for me. A sleep aid like trazadone (something NON-narcotic) might provide you with some much needed consistent sleep.

Even with the help of some of these helpful drugs, the bottomline is its going to be a relatively difficult task to get back to where you were before the drugs, both physically and mentally. Diet and exercise play a much bigger part than most people think and they tend to overlook them. Good luck man, if u have any specific questions feel free to PM me as I will be in ur same boat soon..(God willing)