• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Going to kick the opiates. This is my log. Please help with advice and encouragement

KoreyS

Bluelighter
Alright guys, so here's the story...

I'm a 24 year old, hideous male in Canada. I have some experience with opiates. I staredt using morphine heavily when I was 17. I have used heroin, morphine, dilaudid, codiene (lol), and oxycodone. I have a tremendous amount of experience with morphine pills more than any other opiate. As of late, I don't have much of a connection for that sort of thing.and have been drinking large amounts of potent poppy seed tea. This is another form of opium that I have lots of experience with as well. I was actually going to just tell a small fib and say that it's morphine pills I'm addicted to, because I thought some people may dismiss it as not being as serious. Anyone who knows the deal however, knows that's not the case.

And anyone with enough experience will also know how long poppy seed tea lasts compared to other opiates. For this reason I usually take it once every other day and have no withdrawls from this because of the long half-life. I have repeated this for several months now. I got laid off my last job a month ago and am unemployed and do not want to run out of money savings. It wa smy goal to kick this immediately after losing my job and I keep prolonging it. I need to kick this so I can move on and search for more work.

I have taken high doses of poppy seed tea on a regular basis for a while. I have been using a bit less lately and trying to go about 3 days without it. That's the point where it really destroys me. I had some of the worst withdrawls I've ever had last night and this morning. I am high right now because I couldn't handle it. I had absolutely no nausea or vomitting fortunately, lots of diahrea, stomach cramps, extreme flatulence, runny nose, mild headache, cold sweats, very profuse sweating. The worst has absolutely GOT to be the physical discomfort of feeling like you're going to jump out of your skin. Especially when sleeping. I was so restless in bed last night that I felt like crying due to frustration. I managed to eventually fall asleep with the help of some Remeron that I only take infrequently for sleep. I have some allergies that cause a lot of dry throat and this is something the opiates have masked for months now and it has returned and hit me like a ton of bricks. I hate it. My asshole is sore from the shits.

I don't know what to do. I want to get off this as fast as possible. I'm a fairly healthy eater and will try and maintain that. Hmm, what else? I practice zazen meditation everyday for years now and want to use that to cope with this. I've dealt with this before about 2 years ago. I have Remeron and CYmbalata on hand. ANyone know if these somehow can help in anyway? lol I doubt it. ANyone know about using DXM to cope with opiate withdrawl?

Can everyone give estimates on how long they think this will last and shit? I want to kind of go cold turkey and get this over with. Anyways, if anyone has any questions ask me. I am going to be checking this frequently and logging everything and hopefully I could get some advice and encouragement.

I thought making a thread like this would help with motivation. Thanks guys.

i'm sorry i have no idea about withdrawals as opiates are not my drug of choice but i want to wish you luck and tell you that if you want it enough you can do it. its no surprise it will be difficult but stick at it. remeron are brill for sleep, get as much sleep as you can, keep up the meditation and keep nourished. best wishes =)

Thanks. I'm not sure if I will even take the Remeron. it didn't do a whole lot for me last night. The tossing and turning feeling was too strong that it still took hours to fall asleep. So it was even worse - rather than simply being unable to to sleep due to extreme restlessness, I'm stuck feeling overwhelming drowsiness and still being unable to sleep due to extreme restlessness. It was a mess lol

Hi mate, well if you want to get off opiates then this is the best time to do it as you don't have to get up and go into work each day.
Get some easy to eat food in (soup) etc some Immodium for the shits and basically just try to sweat it out for the week.
Whenever I have gone cold turkey from heroin its usually the 3rd day I start to feel bad but if you can just hang on for 7-10 days then hopefully you should be over the worst of it.
Remember though that getting off is the easy part its the staying off that is the really hard part.
I wish you good luck mate.

So I'm using today and tomorrow I will begin my journey. Even though I know I'll be fine tomorrow since it lasts so long it won't hit me til Tuesday.

Congratulations on making the choice to quit, I wish you the very best with your recovery!

This
might be interesting to you.

Tricomb is very smart. He will not steer you wrong. Be careful of some posters and always ask, "Does this make since?"

Congratulations on quiting! I wish you well and know you can do it if you set your mind to it.

I know that is a cliché but it true. Keep us posted.

Don't forget about the dark side for support as well. They are very caring people who can help you too.

Hey Man,

I want to wish you the best of luck with your decision to stop using opiates. I just want to remind you that withdrawals and detoxing are the easy part. The challenge is the lifestyle change that is needed so that you can not give in to cravings and finding a way to live your life without the use of opiates. Find sober relationships and activities and you'll find the journey exponentially easier. GL.

Jason

the worst will be over by day 5. Get yourself some immodium and some meal replacement shakes, possibly some ginger gravol (i know this may be difficult without money but completely worth it). I went through it a few months ago and it was quite terrible but i definitely hit a turning point around day 5. I was expecting it to last 2 weeks based on everything i read and the long half life but really after a week things were getting back to normal. Mass08 is right about the withdrawal and detox. I eventually went back to drinking seed tea daily.

edit: it was day 5 for me but i metabolize pretty fast, i'd go into withdrawal after 36 hours so it may take longer for you but hold out, that feeling of everything turning around is amazing.

I think you've already gotten past the absolute hardest part imo, which is wanting to quit. From there it's still going to be a bumpy ride, but wanting to be clean is what's going to give you the motivation to do it. Cold turkey is generally really tough, but if you can do it, awesome. If not, the suggestion of Imodium (Loperamide) is great when in opiate WDs.

Check back with us frequently and let us know how you are doing. We are always here for support.

Other related reading...
The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

i know exactly wut ur goin thru an im dealin wit da same shit dude iv been usin robo dm imodium an ofc pain relievers to help mask the wds althought im pretty sure imodium kinda postpones da wd but it aint no where near as bad cuz todays my first day off imodium i feel slight wds but not da feelin ur talkin about n the jumpin out of ur skin feelin i would get that the worse on top of cold sweats u feel like a prisoner in ur own fukn body plus i wake up 3 in da mornin rollin around unable to fall back asleep but it gets a lil better everyday dude jus keep it up an dont let the mental addiction get to u either cuz thats as much of a demon as the physical part it can really get to u plus every1 knows wen ur addicted to opiates it jus becomes part of ur everyday life n its extremely hard gettin use to doin the things u did when u were high i know this cuz the work i do is repairing pallets n its extremely hard n without dope or n e opiates my chest feels like it gonna explode an my whole body jus hurts but like i said man jus dont do it cuz opiate addictions r extremely exspensive an it jus comes to a point where ur jus like wtf am i doing? im lettin a drug control my life an u dont want that u want to be able to do things without thinkin first ok i gotta make sure i got my fix or im fukd.

Last edited:
Day 1

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Very appreciated. And so I guess this is day 1 of sobriety. My last dose was around 11PM last night. Since it lasts so long the real withdrawls most likely won't start until tomorrow.

But I am preparing myself today. Cleaning my room and my clothes ahead of time so that I get a clean, peaceful setting to go through hell in. Don't wanna fuck up the feng shui by living in my own filth. I also have healthy foods to be eating in the next days. I just went grocery shopping. I also picked up some loperamide (Immodium). If anyone has any particular tips for using this, pleae share. otherwise I will just follow the instructions and start with 2 immediately, followed by 1 after everytime I release the putrid fluid from my dark ring. My understanding is that loperamide is some kind of opiod itself, so will it do anything to relieve the withdrawls other than just the shits or no? I have 42 2mg tabs. I hope this will be enough. I don't want to have to pay for more. I'm also going to drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

Well, I huess that's all there is to say for now. All systems go. Locked, loaded and ready to go. Let's get it poppin mami

Best of luck brother. If you ever need anything then just ask. We bluelighters tend to look after one another.

Well tomorrow is going to have to be day 1 because I slipped up already.

^ That's okay, just keep trying. Look at it in another light. Don't quantify it in days, and you can start again right away.

Everything good is worth trying til you get it right.

kick it man...the shits the epitomy of EVIL....5 years hooked for me and am on day 21 clean,,,well kinda i chipped with 2 percs on day 6 and 12.....sooooo officially im 9 days clean LMAO!!!!...good luck to u man take it one hellish day at a time...force urself to get out...meditation will help u too brotha...pc

Thanks guys. I'm high now but I haven't technically dosed yet today since midnight so it is technically my first day sober already. I will be soooo fucking pissed if I fall through again and dose today. I can't possibly though. It's gonna be another 30-40 hours before the WDs even surface again anyways.

Day 2

Well guys, I guess as of about 2 hours ago, we are technically on day 2.

I have experienced no withdrawl effects today (or should I say yesterday) really, since with poppy tea it usually takes about a day and a half before you do. I think it's just creeping up now. I made sure to eat very well today. As of about half an hour ago I started getting mild WDs, mainly the can't sit still, wanting to jump out of my skin restlessness. I have read temendous amounts of stuff the last couple days on loperamide effectively treating more then just diahrea from WD's even though it doesn't cross the blood brain baiirer. I just popped 12mg. Hopefully this helps. Does anyone else have any experience with using high doses of loperamide to combat opiate withdrawls? If so, please share.