• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids suboxone to morphine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DariaAnne

Greenlighter
Sooo, here's my question.....

I know that when you do opiates/oids your body breaks it down into morphine. I was wondering if this is true for ALL opiates/oids, i.e. if you take suboxone and your urine is analyzed, will it show up as morphine or would it come up as something else. Sorry if this comes across as a stupid question. Thanks in advance for any responses!!

That's not true at all, only a very select few opioids metabolize into morphine. The only one's I can think of would be codeine which acts as a mild prodrug for morphine, a small percentage turns into morphine but not all of it, and of course, morphine, and heroin, which is a prodrug for morphine.

So Codeine, Morphine (of course) , and Heroin are the only ones that would cause traces of morphine.

Buprenorphine metabolizes into norbuprenorphine which is psychoactive and a LOT stronger than bupe itself

^correct.

This however is a urinalysis question as far as I'm concerned so I will close it. Only opium, PPT, Heroin, morphine and codeine will test positive for morphine (and perhaps some more obscure morphine analogues that Im not aware of.)

Status
Not open for further replies.