• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Symptoms of post amp use and energy drink abuse question(mostly enegy drink and caff)

thatonedude777

Bluelighter
The amphetamines use: About 2 years ago I did adderall 20mg once a day (it'd last 12 hours as instant release yay for a strong euphoric glow phase) and after maybe 5-10 days I'd be absent for a whole month without any noticable effects. Later I was prescribed vyvanse and took maybe 45-60mg (I think they were 15mgs) and I did that for another 3 months and stopped cold turkey. No noticeable effects other than I couldn't communicate verbally very well (came out distorted and choppy) but that was done after 6 months or so (really bothered me for short term use so it seem'd) and chest discomfort, high blood pressure, and heart palpitations were an everyday thing. But nothing fucked up my memory or quick thinking (I was always smart and quick).

Energy drink use: Well about 3 years ago I drank energy drinks on and off but no more than a four pack every day or two (usually two days because I only drank it for the taste <3 but would randomly stop for months) and that carried on. Well, I always had anxiety before the amp use but amps calmed me down and everything went away and energy drinks never did anything but make me feel up so no memory problems or anything from either. Now recently after taking a 5 hour power combined with an energy drink 4 hours prior during work my life turned upside down on me. Panic attacks are an everyday thing instead of the first hit I took from a bowl of pot (been smoking since I was 17). Except something has changed since that day. My memory, my judgement, everything about me is distant and foggy and feels like I've been up for over 24 hours. Everyday the lights get so bright I'm about to pass out but has to work in a factory managing a press so I have to fight through it and panic attacks during this time make me feel like I'm dying (even while working and can't fuck up). I can't remember shit most days and really need some advice.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Did I sereverly fuck up and it just took time to creep into me? I can't go to the Dr. and the most they'll tell me is it's anxiety and I know anxiety isn't the cause of these problems (but anxiety likes to mask it this way but it'll happen even if I'm not scared or anxious!). This is been going on for over 2 months now and it's driving me insane. I stopped smoking weed except for a hit or two because of the pressure I feel throughout the day caused by the bright lights and hazzy eyesight and lacking the ability to absorb information from my surroundings (small rooms I can handle, giant open areas I look around and have a hard time absorbing information and often asks what does this mean). I've been clean from apartame (it triggers severe anxiety these days, never use to), caffeine, and energy drinks entirely and been 2 years since amp use. I have a very healthy diet and want to find out more information about this. Previously before the incident with the 5 hour power, my mind was alittle slow but nothing like this. I exercise and live a healthy life too. Sometimes it gets so bad my mind's eye tries to project images that I knew weren't there and never physically saw them but has stopped since I cleaned up my act. Please tell me I haven't gone over the coocoo's nest without ever really binging or abusing for years on end or anything of the sort.

It's difficult to tell because energy drinks contain variable amounts of caffeine, e.g. you can have five regular sized redbulls at 80 mg caffeine each, which would only come out to 400mg caffeine a day -- millions of Americans consume that amount daily. If your energy drinks contained 200mg of caffeine each and you had 4, that's 800mg which is a very high amount of caffeine. Still, caffeine is a very safe drug and high doses should only cause acute toxic symptoms.

I've never heard of caffeine causing long term psychiatric problems, especially if you stop using it, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe your pot use is starting to take a toll, or some other drug you haven't disclosed, or it could be a completely unrelated medical condition. I'm very skeptical that energy drink use caused this because the only notable psychoactive drug they contain is caffeine.

It's difficult to tell because energy drinks contain variable amounts of caffeine, e.g. you can have five regular sized redbulls at 80 mg caffeine each, which would only come out to 400mg caffeine a day -- millions of Americans consume that amount daily. If your energy drinks contained 200mg of caffeine each and you had 4, that's 800mg which is a very high amount of caffeine. Still, caffeine is a very safe drug and high doses should only cause acute toxic symptoms.

I've never heard of caffeine causing long term psychiatric problems, especially if you stop using it, so I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe your pot use is starting to take a toll, or some other drug you haven't disclosed, or it could be a completely unrelated medical condition. I'm very skeptical that energy drink use caused this because the only notable psychoactive drug they contain is caffeine.

I'd drink most recently 3 lo carb Monster's a day, should've been more specific. But when I had too many(4 maybe) it'd give off a very bright sensation and everything would be harder to absorb and I wouldn't think just go. Well, it's kind of like that but permanent and now I get panic attacks through it. The only thing pot did was trigger anxiety the first time I smoked after tolerance went away and when I don't feel so anxiety ridden I'll smoke but otherwise it was the caffeine that fucked with me. I took a walk after having a crystal light with 60mg of caffeine and my vision was fucked(tracers and ect) to no end and after 30min it gave me an attack. It seems really weird, I know, that's why I had to ask if this made any sense to anyone. Anxiety is just the icing that makes all these effects terrible because no anxiety, no worries but the problem still persists and it feels very psychoactive and I've been sober for about 2 weeks. Oh and my anxiety was only ever trigger from psychoactive effects but never caffeine until I had a 24oz monster and later 5 hour power.

Again, just trying to see if this has ever been heard of because my life has done a 180 because of this random event.

any chance you are taking any other drugs? why cant you go to the doctor?

quit tripping out over this homey, just give it more time. it sounds JUST LIKE my anxiety .... vision effects, image projection, tracers, panicky and nervous habits.
i seen that stuff before i was on drugs, not to mention its not just the caffeine and aspartame stuff man, read the labels of those drinks I used to kill the lo-carb monsters and other lo-carb e-drinks, you can injest too much vitamins as well even if its not all at once, off topic but years later the worst the happened to me from a daily DXM addiction was getting massive bromide poisoning

The amphetamines use: About 2 years ago I did adderall 20mg once a day (it'd last 12 hours as instant release yay for a strong euphoric glow phase) and after maybe 5-10 days I'd be absent for a whole month without any noticable effects. Later I was prescribed vyvanse and took maybe 45-60mg (I think they were 15mgs) and I did that for another 3 months and stopped cold turkey. No noticeable effects other than I couldn't communicate verbally very well (came out distorted and choppy) but that was done after 6 months or so (really bothered me for short term use so it seem'd) and chest discomfort, high blood pressure, and heart palpitations were an everyday thing. But nothing fucked up my memory or quick thinking (I was always smart and quick).

Energy drink use: Well about 3 years ago I drank energy drinks on and off but no more than a four pack every day or two (usually two days because I only drank it for the taste <3 but would randomly stop for months) and that carried on. Well, I always had anxiety before the amp use but amps calmed me down and everything went away and energy drinks never did anything but make me feel up so no memory problems or anything from either. Now recently after taking a 5 hour power combined with an energy drink 4 hours prior during work my life turned upside down on me. Panic attacks are an everyday thing instead of the first hit I took from a bowl of pot (been smoking since I was 17). Except something has changed since that day. My memory, my judgement, everything about me is distant and foggy and feels like I've been up for over 24 hours. Everyday the lights get so bright I'm about to pass out but has to work in a factory managing a press so I have to fight through it and panic attacks during this time make me feel like I'm dying (even while working and can't fuck up). I can't remember shit most days and really need some advice.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Did I sereverly fuck up and it just took time to creep into me? I can't go to the Dr. and the most they'll tell me is it's anxiety and I know anxiety isn't the cause of these problems (but anxiety likes to mask it this way but it'll happen even if I'm not scared or anxious!). This is been going on for over 2 months now and it's driving me insane. I stopped smoking weed except for a hit or two because of the pressure I feel throughout the day caused by the bright lights and hazzy eyesight and lacking the ability to absorb information from my surroundings (small rooms I can handle, giant open areas I look around and have a hard time absorbing information and often asks what does this mean). I've been clean from apartame (it triggers severe anxiety these days, never use to), caffeine, and energy drinks entirely and been 2 years since amp use. I have a very healthy diet and want to find out more information about this. Previously before the incident with the 5 hour power, my mind was alittle slow but nothing like this. I exercise and live a healthy life too. Sometimes it gets so bad my mind's eye tries to project images that I knew weren't there and never physically saw them but has stopped since I cleaned up my act. Please tell me I haven't gone over the coocoo's nest without ever really binging or abusing for years on end or anything of the sort.

this happens to me when i do meth for days on end. i've since stopped doing this, and suggest you stop using both caffeine and adderall for good. neither of them are doing any good for you, and these panic attacks will continue until you have had a bit of time after stopping this. also the weed might have a hand in this. amphetamine psychosis is usually short-lived, if you have access to seroquel or a similar antipsychotic, take it, it helps.

I am currently living a very sober life, so no other drugs. I can't go to the Dr. because the free clinic that I went to wants to charge me money for a visit that I was suppose excused from because of my finacial situation. So currently I don't have any health insurance and it'd cost hundreds of dollars just for a simple visit on top of the multiple visits I'd have to go through. Although it seems like I may need to.

Thanks for the input Kitty and I wish I could stop but it's affecting every aspect of my life yet even though I'm frequently on the verge of passing out (no anxiety, just vision is fucked up) and have to act as if everything is ok. I mean I'm slow and stupid as fuck in comparison to how I use to be and that's the part that bothers me. If I could focus and concentrate and put up with awkward vision, I'd be ok. But after reading all of this is just seems like it's a medical problem more than anything. Oh and I thought about the huge doses of B-Vitamins but doubt that was it either because it should've gone away.

Fan, I've been two years sober from adderall and about 3 weeks now free from energy drinks. Still fucked up and wish I could focus. As for weed how come out of the hundreds of pot heads I know this is unknown to every single one of them who have much worse habits than me. Fair suggestion though but it seems weird it'd randomly hit me when I wasn't even high and only got high after work for 3 hours and went to bed for over a month and after 4 years of smoking.

Last edited:
I am currently living a very sober life, so no other drugs. I can't go to the Dr. because the free clinic that I went to wants to charge me money for a visit that I was suppose excused from because of my finacial situation. So currently I don't have any health insurance and it'd cost hundreds of dollars just for a simple visit on top of the multiple visits I'd have to go through. Although it seems like I may need to.

Thanks for the input Kitty and I wish I could stop but it's affecting every aspect of my life yet even though I'm frequently on the verge of passing out (no anxiety, just vision is fucked up) and have to act as if everything is ok. I mean I'm slow and stupid as fuck in comparison to how I use to be and that's the part that bothers me. If I could focus and concentrate and put up with awkward vision, I'd be ok. But after reading all of this is just seems like it's a medical problem more than anything.

Fan, I've been two years sober from adderall and about 3 weeks now free from energy drinks. Still fucked up and wish I could focus. As for weed how come out of the hundreds of pot heads I know this is unknown to every single one of them who have much worse habits than me. Fair suggestion though but it seems weird it'd randomly hit me when I wasn't even high and only got high after work for 3 hours and went to bed for over a month and after 4 years of smoking.

Amphetamines + Weed is a combo known to increase likelihood of psychosis caused by either drugs (most likely the amphetamines) i have experienced this as i was using both in combination daily for three years, slowly getting crazier and crazier. most pot heads aren't habitual amphetamine users, so that may be why you're pot head friends have never experienced this.

Amphetamines + Weed is a combo known to increase likelihood of psychosis caused by either drugs (most likely the amphetamines) i have experienced this as i was using both in combination daily for three years, slowly getting crazier and crazier. most pot heads aren't habitual amphetamine users, so that may be why you're pot head friends have never experienced this.

Oh I should've been more specific. I actually NEVER smoked weed until the comedown and that was 1 month before I stopped using completely(again, 2 years ago). I HATED the combination of those two since the euphoric feeling was washed out and the only stimulation I got after smoking was so weak that I might as well just have been high. Also, any effects I once had after amp usage would go away maybe 1 or 2 days afterwords but that was only from the vyvanse which become a game of chasing the dragon. I only mentioned the amp usage to give a better idea of my drug history but otherwise when I use a drug it's usually only that one substance, no cocktails. I have to ask, did you ever recover from the psychosis? I never abused the drugs hard enough except maybe vyvanse but that was for only a month or two which was a 30 day prescription of like 15mg I believe 7 days spread out using one dose a day (3 or 4 at most trying to get the 20-30mg of instant release equivalent). And again, only a day or two did it take for the vyvanse fucked up after effects (hardly noticeable!!) to go away. Again, thank you for the input I still appreciate it.

Oh I should've been more specific. I actually NEVER smoked weed until the comedown and that was 1 month before I stopped using completely(again, 2 years ago). I HATED the combination of those two since the euphoric feeling was washed out and the only stimulation I got after smoking was so weak that I might as well just have been high. Also, any effects I once had after amp usage would go away maybe 1 or 2 days afterwords but that was only from the vyvanse which become a game of chasing the dragon. I only mentioned the amp usage to give a better idea of my drug history but otherwise when I use a drug it's usually only that one substance, no cocktails. I have to ask, did you ever recover from the psychosis? I never abused the drugs hard enough except maybe vyvanse but that was for only a month or two which was a 30 day prescription of like 15mg I believe 7 days spread out using one dose a day (3 or 4 at most trying to get the 20-30mg of instant release equivalent). And again, only a day or two did it take for the vyvanse fucked up after effects (hardly noticeable!!) to go away. Again, thank you for the input I still appreciate it.

Even if you smoke on the comedown, you still increase the risk of psychosis substantially.