• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin urgent detox question!! 2 hours till i leave for detox

jones-in_J

Bluelighter
Hey guys so im leaving in about. 2 hours to go to a 5 day detox. Its a cold turkey program where NO bupe is given. I have some bupe here at home though and am wondering if i should take some before going in..

I shoot half a gram to a gram of good ass raw a day and my last fix was 24 hours ago. Im also worried about bupe prolonging the detox... i only get 5 days in the facility and want to get as much out of me as possible in that time. Thanks guys.

Ok i was thinking that was the answer but wanted to get anotber opinion, thanks man. I think itll be good for me to sweat it out cols Turkey once anyway

Not a problem man, good luck. Because Suboxone has such a long half life, you'd be wasting your time in detox (or at least some of your time in detox) if you dosed Suboxone now.

Pull through it and let us know how things go when you come back :)

Ur gone already I bet but props for taking on an IV detox of that level CT. I'd run lol done it once too much for that patience. Best of luck and ya w 5 days I'd avoid the subs ull be better so much faster

Just got home from detox after 5 days.... probably about to score smack

The life of a junkie

cmon. your not trying to live " the life of a junkie" anymore. thats why you went away for 5 days. think it through more.

Yeah man...though I know how tempting it is, and I have on more than on occasion gotten out of detox and basically drove right to my dealers place... you'll thank yourself later if you just give it more time. Your brain chemistry is still all fucked up—your wires still all crossed. It takes time for you to start getting back to normal. 5 days is great and all..but it's a really fragile point. Your brain needs more time to heal, brother. Then you can make a better and more coherent decision on whether you want to get back on the ride or not..

But..I'll tell you what you already know..the ride sucks.

Just got home from detox after 5 days.... probably about to score smack

The life of a junkie

Don't ruin 5 days of withdrawal for a few hours of being high. It's just not worth it. If you made it 5 days, you can make it 6-7, etc.

please if you have been in his position and he got out of 5 day detox and said he was gonna get high. He already def got high it sucks but its how it goes.

just reinforces my opinion that short term detox trips are pointless

i don't think the bupe would hurt... this probably is a little late but anyway you wont have anything for 5 days so i would do a small piece of bupe to make the first day easier

Close this...this is post is just an eye sore for people tryin to do well!