• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants What will Acetone NOT remove?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
One of my friends is curious to know, What will acetone not remove from methamphetamine?

The main things he is concerned with is Glucose, Epsom Salts and Solvents(much non-smokeable[crank?] meth in Australia is wet) involved in the meth production which I have no clue about whatsoever so not sure if theyre polar or non-polar solvents.

Acetone will not dissolve glucose, or magnesium sulphate (epsom salts).

Methamphetamine hydrochloride is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), that's probably the "solvent" you are noticing.

You basically have to do an acid/base purification to remove the impure shit.

It's well worth it too.

What will Acetone NOT remove.... hmmm.... shame? :p jk

It will also not remove pure cocaine; but, there shouldn't be any cocaine crystals in your crank, haha.

You might be able to dissolve it in dry alcohol. Magnesium sulfate is almost insoluble in alcohol and glucose isn't very soluble. You can then either evaporate the alcohol or throw it in the freezer to crystallize. That is if it's methamphetamine or amphetamine hydrochloride. If it's the sulfate or phosphate, which are more common for amphetamine, it won't dissolve well in alcohol.

AFAIK an acetone wash won't remove aziridines or CMP from poorly made meth.

It also will not remove levamisole from cocaine.

Does acetone wash get rid of the MSM most crystal is cut with?

Yes, I've heard of the acetone wash being used to remove MSM. Also you can gentle heat the dope, it will sublime before the meth starts smoking. It's a PITA unless you're tweaking. DEA even purifies samples by putting it in a convection oven at 115C for 10-20 minutes.

That fucking levamisole! It's like the perfect cut, that is if it didn't fuck up a lot of people's white blood cells. I think it's pass the usual street tests, can't be separated by any means that I or anyone else knows of. Can't boil it out, can't use different solvents to separate, even ones it's barely soluble in, because it's only makes up 2%, PkA is similar, and I can't think of something to either destroy it or make it easier to extract. Only thing I can think of is to destroy the cocaine and resynthesis it. Maybe fractional crystallization or chromatography.

Why is there in the first place, in such low amounts? Does it enhance the high, trick you into thinking it's stronger, give it's own high(in horses it turns into aminorex) make it look better, help it crystallize, potentiate the cocaine, or just cause they cheap stingy bastards who want a few extra thousand dollars. Who's doing, the paste makers, base makers, or the crystallizers. Call me crazy, but I think it's used as a synergist with the classified round-up like herbicide that's sprayed on coca grower's. Or maybe as an antidote to the herbicides.

Somebody should order some and run some test.

Yes, I've heard of the acetone wash being used to remove MSM. Also you can gentle heat the dope, it will sublime before the meth starts smoking. It's a PITA unless you're tweaking. DEA even purifies samples by putting it in a convection oven at 115C for 10-20 minutes.

That fucking levamisole! It's like the perfect cut, that is if it didn't fuck up a lot of people's white blood cells. I think it's pass the usual street tests, can't be separated by any means that I or anyone else knows of. Can't boil it out, can't use different solvents to separate, even ones it's barely soluble in, because it's only makes up 2%, PkA is similar, and I can't think of something to either destroy it or make it easier to extract. Only thing I can think of is to destroy the cocaine and resynthesis it. Maybe fractional crystallization or chromatography.

Why is there in the first place, in such low amounts? Does it enhance the high, trick you into thinking it's stronger, give it's own high(in horses it turns into aminorex) make it look better, help it crystallize, potentiate the cocaine, or just cause they cheap stingy bastards who want a few extra thousand dollars. Who's doing, the paste makers, base makers, or the crystallizers. Call me crazy, but I think it's used as a synergist with the classified round-up like herbicide that's sprayed on coca grower's. Or maybe as an antidote to the herbicides.

Somebody should order some and run some test.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24075227
Six patients were admitted with purpuric lesions and vasculitic changes on biopsy specimen; 5 of them were given the diagnosis of and treated for autoimmune conditions before their true diagnosis was revealed. All patients had ANCA positivity, and 4 had additional abnormalities in autoimmune markers. All patients reported recent cocaine abuse, and were ultimately given the diagnosis of levamisole-induced vasculopathy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levamisole
Levamisole has increasingly been used as a cutting agent in cocaine sold in the United States and Canada. In 2008–2009, levamisole was found in 69% of cocaine samples seized by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).[6] By April 2011, the DEA reported the adulterant was found in 82% of seizures.[21]
Levamisole adds bulk and weight to powdered cocaine (whereas other adulterants produce smaller "rocks" of cocaine) and makes the drug appear purer.[22] In a series of investigative articles for The Stranger, Brendan Kiley details other rationales for levamisole's rise as an adulterant: possible stimulant effects, a similar appearance to cocaine, and an ability to pass street purity tests.[23]

I've heard it's very difficult to get MSM out of crystal. That shit is horrible too. Gives you this gross feeling, oily sweaty, you feel pissed off and uncomfortable, not to mention you just got ripped off.

BUT, there is one method that seems pretty successful, I will detail it below.

I know the batches dealt with frequently around here contain MSM as I've seen an attempt to sell a shaky bag full of a mixture, one half being the very distinguishable MSM shards, small, long, pointy on both ends.

The Acetone test failed horribly.

However what DID work WONDERS was just a plain o'le water wash.

• Take the product and place it into a pre-wetted coffee filter, place a spoon under it drop VERY small amounts of water onto it (especially if you're just testing it or working with little product), the water will eventually drop down onto the spoon below.

• At the end have another spoon beside you, this time you get it pretty wet and use your hand to squeeze the rest of the water into the 2nd spoon. This will get any remaining good stuff out and probably a little bad with it, but not nearly as much as you started with.

• To start the drying process, if you're like most & are pretty impatient, I've found the best method is to take it carefully to a blow-dryer with a high-heat setting and just stand there until all of the water evaporates. (Be careful not to blow the water off the spoon by getting it too close to the blow dryer)
Towards the end of the blow-drying process, you will see a film like substance starting to form, this is your now MUCH purer product drying, small bubbles will sometimes form. Just keep drying it until that no longer happens and it's apparent it's dry.

• Take your spoon to an area where you can use a tooth pick or something small to work all of the substance stuck to the spoon off. This is kind of a pain in the ass, but easier if you have quantity or some-what decent product.
- This is the least likeable part because for smokers it won't smoke like crystal normally does at this point. It's a dry powdery substance and although you can somewhat taste the familiar chemical taste, it burns and smells bad when heated, it also does not last long at all. Don't expect it to cool down and be able to hit it again or "Roll" it around like you normally can.

I have heard there is a method to "re-crystalize" it, which I'm assuming would bring it back to it's crystal and smokeable form so many value. It involves alcohol and heat and waiting all of which my patience will not allow me.

But if you want to get the cut out quickly, try the water cleanse, it should rid most if not all of the shit MSM that acetone does not seem to touch, despite reports to the contrary.
And although it sucks to smoke, you will notice a HUGE difference in potency. Go take a look at your pupils after your done.

Last edited:
I've heard it's very difficult to get MSM out of crystal. That shit is horrible too. Gives you this gross feeling, oily sweaty, you feel pissed off and uncomfortable, not to mention you just got ripped off.

BUT, there is one method that seems pretty successful, I will detail it below.

I know the batches dealt with frequently around here contain MSM as I've seen an attempt to sell a shaky bag full of a mixture, one half being the very distinguishable MSM shards, small, long, pointy on both ends.

The Acetone test failed horribly.

• Take the product and place it into a pre-wetted coffee filter, place a spoon under it drop VERY small amounts of water onto it (especially if you're just testing it or working with little product), the water will eventually drop down onto the spoon below.

• At the end have another spoon beside you, this time you get it pretty wet and use your hand to squeeze the rest of the water into the 2nd spoon. This will get any remaining good stuff out and probably a little bad with it, but not nearly as much as you started with.

• To start the drying process, if you're like most & are pretty impatient, I've found the best method is to take it carefully to a blow-dryer with a high-heat setting and just stand there until all of the water evaporates. (Be careful not to blow the water off the spoon by getting it too close to the blow dryer)
Towards the end of the blow-drying process, you will see a film like substance starting to form, this is your now MUCH purer product drying, small bubbles will sometimes form. Just keep drying it until that no longer happens and it's apparent it's dry.

• Take your spoon to an area where you can use a tooth pick or something small to work all of the substance stuck to the spoon off. This is kind of a pain in the ass, but easier if you have quantity or some-what decent product.
- This is the least likeable part because for smokers it won't smoke like crystal normally does at this point. It's a dry powdery substance and although you can somewhat taste the familiar chemical taste, it burns and smells bad when heated, it also does not last long at all. Don't expect it to cool down and be able to hit it again or "Roll" it around like you normally can.

I have heard there is a method to "re-crystalize" it, which I'm assuming would bring it back to it's crystal and smokeable form so many value. It involves alcohol and heat and waiting all of which my patience will not allow me.

But if you want to get the cut out quickly, try the water cleanse, it should rid most if not all of the shit MSM that acetone does not seem to touch, despite reports to the contrary.
And although it sucks to smoke, you will notice a HUGE difference in potency. Go take a look at your pupils after your done.

Yeah, because the most notable way to feel if yer' "way more high" is to stare in the mirror at your pupils...F'n idiot.

it wont remove the dirty left over crap in the bowl of pipe from mpa

If I were to do a water wash, i would use distilled water. Less residue.

But i would never do such a thing because i would of looked that bag over ahead of time before buying it.

Until we put dealers back to work by ending the drug war, it be best to find a seller who values long term interest over short hand gram shaving. Then, not only will your bang roll into 3 different forms of matter (solid, liquid, gas ),but you will feel better for not getting ripped off.

Make drugs not war

Fuck methamphetamine . I like having my teeth . I will never do this fucking horseshit even if it was a sure way to get me clean from herion . Honestly I'd rather be dope sick than use meth . It's so fucking disgusting . And I rather do downers than uppers anyway .

Fuck methamphetamine . I like having my teeth . I will never do this fucking horseshit even if it was a sure way to get me clean from herion . Honestly I'd rather be dope sick than use meth . It's so fucking disgusting . And I rather do downers than uppers anyway .
Good for you mate, but this was not the question.