• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phentermine vs other stimulants for weight-loss/ADD

Jktm

Bluelighter
Okay, phentermine isn't an amphetamine, but it's an analogue of meth, so that's the prefix I chose lol...

I'm Rx'ed 37.5mg of Adipex-P (phentermine IR) twice per day for weight-loss, and have noticed that it is pretty proficient in causing peripheral side-effects including tachycardia/palpitations...

It's bad when I used to smoke .25-.5 a gram a day (minimum) of crystal and the legal, Rx'ed shit has stronger side-effects lol...

I've never been formally diagnosed with ADD, but have had a few teachers try to tell my parents to get me put on ritalin and have issues focusing in class...

I really don't want to go to my doc asking for dexies, addies, or desoxyn to avoid looking like drug seeker; not sure how asking to move from a C-IV stim to a C-II stim would look lol...not asking for advice on how to get them rx'ed, but just wondering what all options are available...please don't try to tell me to use OTC things...if the phentermine isn't doing it, those won't either lol...

I'm really needing something that works really well on breaking down fat as I'm already eating very little...eating very little, but eating throughout the day and I'm still plateauing really badly...I've even started to gain :X:X:X:X:X:X:X:X!

Any constructive advice is appreciated...

If you're admittedly eating very little, then I'd advise against you deliberately eating less if you're considering it. Usually some good advice would be to get into an exercise routine, but if you're taking stimulants this may not be a great idea. It would be worth speaking to your doctor about the best course of action, and how much exercise you can get away with doing on your prescription. Asides from that I'd advise changing your diet so that your saturated fat intake is as low as you can bear. Best thing to do is not to eat foods containing said fat in the first place...Sure beats taking something artificial to break down the fat.

Phentermine is fucking garbage! You couldn't pay me to take them, and I'd take just about anything. I'd rather take ephedrine or propylhexadrine, and I hate both of those. It has no euphoria, very shitty side effects that are much worse than cocaine or amphetamine(even at therapeutic doses), and is totally useless for ADD. Even for weight loss it sucks ball compared to better drugs, even Ritalin. I swear the weight loss is just sweat and shit. I don't know why they prescribe this shit, only advantage is that it's totally not fun. A least meth or coke gives a decent high when the body load is bad. I think phentermine should be taken off the market like fenfluramine or aminorex. It feels really hard on the heart. Even the makers of the original product Fastin wisely took it off the market.

I'd say get Didrex(benzphetamine) or Bontril(phendimetrazine. They're schedule III prodrugs for methamphetamine and phenmetrazine. Phenmetrazine is easier on the heart than most uppers, phendimetrazine is too.Shit meth's easier on the heart than phentermine. Good luck finding phenmetrazine though, it was just too much fun:(. Maybe phenmetrazine would be around still if they marketed it for ADD instead of weight loss?

And there's diethylpropion, it's a schedule IV prodrug for ethylcathinone. Also some countries have Asenlix(clobenzorex), fenproporex, and Mefenorex. All are prodrugs for amphetamine, with clobenzorex being basically ER dextroamphetamine. They even have Esbelcaps, Fenproporex and diazepam. Kind of like a weak dexamyl.

If you think your doc is cool and understanding, Desoxyn is used for weight loss. And Adderall/dexedrine are used too.

Some interesting facts. The original Adipex contained meth. When meth got a bad rep they made Adipex-P with phentermine. Also the other brand Ionimine uses the same ER ion-exchange resin that Biphetamine, the notorious black beauties, used. And supposedly the similar drugs clortermine and chlorphentermine were much more pleasant, though chlorphentermine has horrible cardiovascular side effects like fenfluramine

What I can't understand, is how phentermine has such a good rep for weight loss when it fucking suck. They even have a forum dedicated to phentermine. I also can't understand why anyone risking ordering controlled substance from online pharmacies would bother with phentermine, at least get some Bontril or Tenuate.

I will say, that even with amphetamine, you'll lose 10 in 1-2 weeks, but not much afterwards. It should be combined with diet and exercise. It's more to kick start a diet.

Phentermine is a heart attack in a pill man. I hate that shit. Even methylphenidate is better.
The best is any form of amphetamine, of course.