• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Lyrica OD-NOT ER SITUATION

Jktm

Bluelighter
DO NOT TREAT AS EMERGECY THREAD, PLEASE!

tl;dr: took lyrica, arms started shaking involutarily...rest of body started shaking; no where near grand mal status; what's up?

so i filled my lyrica today and apparently my tolerance dropped significantly...

i get the 150s and i used to drop 6 and feel a really mild benzo-ish feeling...

only took 4 and smoked a small joint...had a moment where i was trying to look up the ld-50 of it and what effects, short- or long-term, an OD might lead to...

i was trying to research myself, but too confused too do so...

i can't stop the muscle spasms in my arm and one timestarted slowly covulsing and i couldn't even think...can't contol the phone well enough to do this...this message took my 20 minutes to type up, and I spent another 15 mins to type the original one that i accidently deleted while i was convusing...it was almost as if i had a conscious seizure...is that posible?

what treatments are available for it? i refuse to go to urgent/emergency care...

i'll ride it out....at this point...fuck it...once again, not demanding instant answers...but i feel as though im functioning @ ~30% max lol...

any constructive replies are welcome...

p.s. make that 45 mins....

Last edited:
Honestly dude, come on, go to the emergency room and get looked at....

Don't drive yourself.

You know me Doug, I'm not being a dick I'm trying to reduce any harm you're causing yourself.

So you took 600mg? I get the 300mg pills and I've taken 2 of them with no tolerance, so I don't think it's in the LD-50 but let me do some research for you and see what I can find, ok?

edit: I've found that there's no known human LD-50, but I found this:

Pregabalin
Rat
IV
LD50
> 300 mg/kg

Mouse
Oral
LD50
> 5000 mg/kg

Rat Oral LD50
> 5000 mg/kg

Cool, so it's like benzos in that you can take handfuls of them and not die...symptoms are dying down...i made it home alright driving though...btw could the ice i did a couple days ago affect this? friend hit me up and said i should come over...offere me the pipe and i smoked a bit sat night throug mon morn...

I am not saying that. Definitely not saying that.

I don't know that much about pregabalin, I got that from a few sites by Googling "pregabalin LD-50"

That was from

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...mFeJPk&sig=AHIEtbQ_nQHaifBRDySt8hda_T5bCndeEA

As for the shard, I dunno man, have you gotten much sleep since then? I would highly recommend drinking a large glass of milk, preferably with Chelated Magnesium, a multivitamin and if possible omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D.

Get some sleep, if things do not improve I would urge you again to get professional care.

I have had the experience of taking too much lyrica (I get the 200mg pills) and I highly suggest you drink plenty of water and try and flush it out of your system. When I've taken too much I've felt disoriented, muscle spasm/weakness and confusion and you must purge it from your body unless you can fall asleep.

Otherwise as my man TRI says, seek the E.R.

Yeah man, if you just took the lyrica then barf that shit out, but by this time, and by the time you had even noticed effects, I'd bet it's too late for that.

Please report back here to let us know you're alright.

I'm alright...woke up a few hours ago, feeling really, really groggy-ish...kinda like Dirty stated...really, really disoriented...ended up going back to sleep...woke up 30 minutes ago...still groggy, but not as bad...slowly regaining cognitive functionality...my whole body feels a little numb...like when I touch my face...it feels like I got shot with lidocaine at the dentist and it's wearing off...or I got some really weak coke lol...

Would ya'll consider what happened with the convulsions to be a seizure, and should I speak with someone about it, or do you think I'm fine? I really don't want docs saying I can't drive for 6 months lol...I got class to get to...they don't offer organic chem online lmao...

P.S. I really like that you have the pain management thread in your signature Tri...

Yeah man feel free to post as much as you want in chronic pain. As a chronic pain patient, I realize how important it is for us CPPs to stick together in this day and age where everyone's "out to get us"...

With the DEA cracking down on doctors, with their cruel failed war on drugs, who does it effect the most? The patients who need these meds to LIVE, to FUNCTION!!! Maybe a minor inconvenience for the cartels but they are professionals, they've been doing this for so many years now.

Hmm, according to our govenment, they'd prefer to build a 50 foot fence across the border to keep "bad people" out, which is marginally effective, and if anything probably has increased the drug related/cartel violence in the border cities of Mexico lately.

Our government thinks this is a better way of time and resource management than to take care of American's with DISABILITIES!!!

/rant, sorry douggie

don't worry about it tri...

I just kinda spilled my guts in the PM thread...so don't feel bad lol...

I feel the same way...it's nice seeing someone else pissed off about it...

I got friends that think I'm feigning or milking my symptoms to avoid work and to get drugs...it sucks when the people you trust the most think you're just trying to work the system...makes one feel so alone...

I hope you get over this man!

I know how hard it is, I have so many people in my life who tell me "you're way too young to be on that schedule II narcotic...." And I'm like, OH! so young people don't feel pain? Young people don't know what it's like to have pain from a total of four major accidents, all narrowly escaping the grasps of death.

I hate the way I'm mistreated due to my age.

I thought it was an anti-epileptic or anti-spasmodic..

Paradoxical reactions perhaps??

youll probably be ok though i dont hthink you can od on 4 lrica

It is but it has been known to cause seizures in doses >= 600mg.

Technically, taking anything in excess of how prescribed by one's doctor is 'OD'ing...

I used the term in it's basest form in that I had experienced adverse effects from it...

I know how hard it is, I have so many people in my life who tell me "you're way too young to be on that schedule II narcotic...." And I'm like, OH! so young people don't feel pain? Young people don't know what it's like to have pain from a total of four major accidents, all narrowly escaping the grasps of death.

OT but I've had this as well - this week in fact. "Oh, there is an operation we could do, but I'd only do it in older people. If you like I can prescribe you some stronger opioids?" Fuck that - fortunately I am able to explore some other avenues.

To the OP, hope you're OK, I would echo tricomb and say if you suspect you might be having a seizure, get yourself to the ER (sounds rather silly when put in those terms). Also, I suspect you don't want to hear it, but it's better for the doctor to tell you that you can't drive than for you to fit and injure/kill yourself and/or someone else in the process.

I hope you get over this man!

Yea dude. I'm only 18 so my arthritis is actually fake and I'm a drug dealer trying to get painkillers. Because, ya know, you can totally fake Arthritis.