• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Banging Opana ER

toobadgrrl

Bluelighter
I managed to liquefy some of an Opana, but it is rather gooey. I added water to it, but am not sure if it's safe to bang it. I mean, of course banging drugs is never 'safe', but what I need to know is what it will actually DO. I mean, could I hurt myself seriously from experimenting with shooting it? I am out of Dilaudid and my veins are itching.
It took forever to get it to this point since it's an ER, and I am dying to do it. Someone, please advise me. I mean an experienced IV drug user.

If it gooey don't shoot it...More importantly; if its the new Opana...dont even have thoughts of shooting that...

I think you could plug it...Although I'm not all that sure.

You definitely can hurt yourself by injecting a GEL like substance that was never made to be injected.

BUT

if your going too, its all good, i have. You get a super rush if you can manage to get it in a rig. I do it another way and iv the new red 30s all the time. Not saying its good for you or anything, but
it works. I get bent off them.

you can hurt your self playing frisbee too ya know?

Last edited by a moderator:
BUT

if your going too, its all good, i have. You get a super rush if you can manage to get it in a rig. I do it another way and iv the new red 30s all the time. Not saying its good for you or anything, but
it works. I get bent off them.

you can hurt your self playing frisbee too ya know?

Yeah because injecting a gooey gel like substance is just awesome for your body/veins. Not like it could cause a clot somewhere....Sounds like a good plan if you would like an amputation of a limb...Go for it!

What is the process of doing the 30s... I've heard all sorts of stuff, put it on the stove, in the microwave.. we have access to some, right the very instant as a matter of fact. & Would LOVE to get some sort of something off it! Much help appreciated

No offense to anybody at all, but I think the question is a legit question, and was asked for obvious Harm Reduction reasons.

Let's face it. Heroin is not the safest thing to do, or a roxicodone being crushed, and snorted up the nose, is not the best action in life to take.. But, drug addicts being drug addicts, needing that fix is almost the most important thing to somebody who is fighting off withdrawals and cravings..

People LITERALLY rob stores, and kill people to obtain Opiates and other illicit drugs to fend off their cravings.

This person that made this thread, has it ready, and has it in his or her mind that they are going to IV this regardless, I mean they already turned it into a solution that is "IVable". So, basically.. Their question is: What's the worst that can happen?

Answer: Death. Of course you can die by this method, or by taking any drug, even orally.. So, that's not their concern per se, unless it's going to happen for some odd reason. So, they want to know what exactly is going to happen if they shoot this "goo" --

Is it going to cause blood clots? Is it going to impede the flow of blood to the heart or brain, and cause some kind of issue in the limb they shoot it in, and possibly cause a need for amputation?

Of course, nobody can answer definitively, because we don't know for sure what will happen. But I think this person is really serious about doing the shot, and really just want to know:

- Can it be performed "relatively" safely. Like is there ANY possible way this will work for them at all, or is there a 100% chance it will cause a major issue?

- Is the "goo" going to cause blood clots, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY experience with IV, and have no answers to this question at all, but I'm pretty sure that's the answer that this person is looking for, something along the lines of:

"You can shoot it. It could cause a blood clot if this and this happen, so it's best to try this, or that. There is a low percentage of this happening though"

-OR-

"You should 100% avoid shooting this. There is an extremely high possibility of it causing this issue, or this issue, or that issue. The probability is way over 50% that it will happen, somewhere in the range of 80-85% that it will cause this issue for you, and that problem, and result in blah blah blah happening"

^There isn't a 100% chance it will seriously harm them, but it is significantly more dangerous and unhealthy than taking an equivalent drug that was meant for injection or taking this drug by a different route of administration. We can't really know the exact probability of specific adverse effects, since it is not something that has been studied. The OP also didn't say they had already made up their mind on injecting it, so it is perfectly reasonable for us to try to talk them out of it. These pills, especially the time-release ones, contain fillers, binders and abuse-preventing ingredients that are not meant to go in the bloodstream or even be broken down by the human body. If you inject these substances, you are placing them into your bloodstream, where they cannot properly be expelled. This creates the risk of blockages which could lead to heart attack, stroke, or embolism. It is also very damaging to the veins, which could lead to other problems like abscess, decreased circulation, and more serious complications. The safest way to take Opana is as it was intended, orally. Any other ROA is much safer than injecting this goo.

if your going too, its all good, i have. You get a super rush if you can manage to get it in a rig. I do it another way and iv the new red 30s all the time. Not saying its good for you or anything, but it works. I get bent off them. you can hurt your self playing frisbee too ya know?

This is not harm reduction. The likelihood of someone damaging themselves from injecting this gel is much higher than playing with a frisbee. Yes, life is dangerous, but we have to consider risk versus reward ratios in life. Like we could choose to play frisbee in a grassy park instead of in the middle of a busy highway. And just because you did this and were lucky and are either ok or just don't know that it's damaged you does not mean you should recommend other people do it or tell them that it will be fine. I drove somewhere today and I lived, that doesn't mean I go around telling people getting in a car accident can't kill you and no need to wear a seatbelt.

burn it first, to a resin. if u cut it up and burn it it will look just like black tar heroin. lol i just made this thread a few days ago. was closed but i think its still there
This is also not harm reduction. Why would you say something that you were already told not to say and had a thread closed for?

General ruleof thumb FOR ME is that if it filters well u can bang it. Meaning no goo or cloudy solutions need apply. Would I be surprised if banging this killed you? .... Absolutely not.

Maybe this is too late, but DUDE, DONT DO IT!! My addict husband did this and it was NOT AT ALL a pleasant situation! Emergency Room had no sympathy for him. The Opana drug info specifically warns "DO NOT inject and do not crush or chew".
If you have it liquified and cant fight the urge to take it, then take it orally mixed with juice or something, but DONT INJECT THIS ONE!!!

I managed to liquefy some of an Opana, but it is rather gooey. I added water to it, but am not sure if it's safe to bang it. I mean, of course banging drugs is never 'safe', but what I need to know is what it will actually DO. I mean, could I hurt myself seriously from experimenting with shooting it? I am out of Dilaudid and my veins are itching.
It took forever to get it to this point since it's an ER, and I am dying to do it. Someone, please advise me. I mean an experienced IV drug user.

Please read through this thread. It has examples of what can happen when IVing drugs goes wrong.