• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydrocodone vs Oxycodone? Confused

SirRollsAlot

Bluelighter
Waddup BL, I'm confused on an experience I had not to long ago.
Ok so I've been enjoying opiates for a while now (H, hydro, oxy ect) and noticed that hydrocodone seems to make me nod the most, even though it's pretty much the weakest. Previously I had done H and one day I tried 3 5/325 Vic's cracked in half before class one morning (first hour is a blow off class :p) and could hardly keep my head up, and now I'll blow half an oxy 30 an maybe pop the rest 30-45 min later and mind you the last time I had done an opiate before the oxy's was the Vic's a few months ago, aside from taking ultram ER for legitimate pain issues I have for a few weeks on and off. But I can't seem to get to a heavy nod on oxy. Even the first and only time I had china white, yeah the rush was bliss but no real nod;( has the shitty (IMO) ultram ruined my tolerance? Or is half a blue 30 (15mg) just not enough after the previous Experiences? Ok well I'm dragging on but any advice/ideas is appreciated. Thanks BL :D

vics percs tabs and all that crap will just give u liver failure too much tylenol in it cuz trust me, u keep usin and ull wind up not even counting just swallowing handfulls every so often. Heroin doesnt desolve well in ur nose so get the oxycodone 30s u sound like a new/light user one of those should total you.Have fun but be smart, never take methadone or use a needle, i wish i never saw an opiate.

honestly... in all my years of using opiates i have NEVER caught a nod of oxycodone. oxy always provides me with an upbeat energetic opiate high unlike any other opiate. very peppy. only when combined with benzos will i nod, and i dont attribute it to the oxy at all. im talking about using an excess of 800mg of oxycodone IV a day, and still never catching a nod. its just not one of those kinds of opiates. if you're looking for a deep nod, heroin and morphine are really the ones that should be sought after.

Oxycodone is more potent than hydrocodone but they are both related to each other (derivatives of codeine - just like hydromorphone and oxymorphone are derivatives of morphine).

Oxycodone is probably one of the most stimulating opiates I've tried. I've never gotten a nod off it unless I mixed it with a sedating antihistamine such as promethazine, diphenhydramine, or doxylamine.

well 800 mg means u have a tolerance... much like mine... but dont forget he/she is an oral user Heroin might as well be crushed up smarties to a snorter. a waste..... anyway oxycodone is a good consistant buzz to a noobie speed when u need it nod when ur relaxing. in any case its better than hydro which might as well be smarties to every1 not even sure why its considered a drug

...You're not sure why hydrocodone is even considered a drug? 8( . I wouldn't say that everyone considers hydrocodone to be as effective as a sugar pill, considering most people, for a good reason, don't need 800mg of oxy.

Take your *codones orally.... It's the best way. Snorting it, Shooting it, both very poor choices of ROAs for hydro or oxy. Oral BA is high enough for both of them that there's no need for other ROAs. Snorting it has a lower BA than oral, and IV is only 13% more BA than oral which negates any reason to risk the complications of intravenous drug abuse.

Thanks erryone. So in my case, I obviously have a low tolerance (something I'm proud of). So taking a Benadryl (25mg diphenhydramine) or two should help make a more noddy/sleepy buzz? I'm gonna avoid benzo's because as I fall asleep I get paranoid and always think that my breathing will stop in my sleep even tho it doesn't.. Also, oxy doesn't seem like it produces the greatest body high. You know the warm heavy legs feeling?! It definitely is more mental

Yes, don't use benzodiazepines with opioids and you won't have to worry so much about dying.

25mg diphenhydramine is usually what I take with every dose of my pain meds.

I am not recommending this, but taking a low dose (7.5mg) oxy hcl. throughout the day will lead to a nod in the evening

Last edited:
Yeah it's much easier to catch a nod with oxy when you follow a chronic dosing schedule.

I have been on Darvocet, for 15 years till they stopped making them now i have been switched to Percocet 5/325 and they help with my pain, I CANNOT take Vicodin, Or morphine if admitted to a hospital, they both make me seriously sick. I have a rheumatologist that tries to give me all these new meds for pain that I cant afford, and each different med i take it will ruin my organs sooner or later, I have blood drawn every 3 months before the dr visit and my liver is fine as of now.

I've used almost every opiate out there, and both Tricomb and I agree that the nod and euphoria is unbeaten by hydrocodone amongst the pharmaceuticals. If/When they introduce an extended-release Hydro minus the tylenol, I will be first in line to sample.

Different opiates give different experiences in terms of nod and euphoria. Oxy is stronger than hydro, but it doesn't give me the same punch an equipotent dose of Oxy would. Its entirely subjective and also depends on the ROA.

Yeah I knew hydro had different effects, I ingested a 30mg blue yesterday and had a wayyyy longer high and better body high and slightly more noddy. The new Vicodin sounds promising if you could get a handful and Do a CWE (if it's possible with vic's??)
Opiates<3
...addiction;(

Darvocet sucks so bad..

I've used almost every opiate out there, and both Tricomb and I agree that the nod and euphoria is unbeaten by hydrocodone amongst the pharmaceuticals. If/When they introduce an extended-release Hydro minus the tylenol, I will be first in line to sample.

Different opiates give different experiences in terms of nod and euphoria. Oxy is stronger than hydro, but it doesn't give me the same punch an equipotent dose of Oxy would. Its entirely subjective and also depends on the ROA.

Fuck ZoHydro it's all about HydroContin ;)
I was very excited for this about six years ago when I was staring at the OG OC 80s thinking "I wish they made the hydrocodone version of this"

Still, no HydroContin yet, I've been hearing "They're working on one right now" forever... I'll believe it when I see it, however the problem now is going to be the bullshit tamper resistant formula they try to incorporate -_______-

True but if/when it finally comes, and the time release can be defeated by the genius that is bluelight, there will be some very good times to be had...

True but if/when it finally comes, and the time release can be defeated by the genius that is bluelight, there will be some very good times to be had...

My hopes for this would not be high, just look at our OxyContin and Opana "methods" to break time release. Most of them encourage the same old bullshit microwave/oven/freezer type bullshit, or other highly dangerous things, someone yesterday even said setting an opana on fire would defeat the time release for IV injection. 8(

My hopes for this would not be high, just look at our OxyContin and Opana "methods" to break time release. Most of them encourage the same old bullshit microwave/oven/freezer type bullshit, or other highly dangerous things, someone yesterday even said setting an opana on fire would defeat the time release for IV injection. 8(

Hahaha lighting on fire! Wow, was it Jimmy from south park?

What I meant is beyond the practical analgesic qualities of an ER version of Hydrocodone would come the fact that we both feel it gives great euphoria but the current model requires either CWE or ingesting way too much tylenol.

No, it was some greenlighter. I'm not trying to poke fun but it just re-enforces my point that we're probably going to have just as bad and dangerous ideas for beating the time release as we do now with opana and oxycontin and some of the formulations of morphine (which are a bit easier to get around than opana or oxy).

I am also HIGHLY worried that someone will be dumb enough to inject hydrocodone.... And so will big pharma, which means they're going to try extra hard to have an IV-resistant formula.

I'm not VERY concerned though, as I take my *codones orally, however if it causes pain like the new Oxycontin (OP) in my intestines then I'll be pissed.

Darvocet sucks so bad..

Fuck ZoHydro it's all about HydroContin ;)
I was very excited for this about six years ago when I was staring at the OG OC 80s thinking "I wish they made the hydrocodone version of this"

Still, no HydroContin yet, I've been hearing "They're working on one right now" forever... I'll believe it when I see it, however the problem now is going to be the bullshit tamper resistant formula they try to incorporate -_______-

They're in phase three trials last I checked, and they still probably need to submit an application when that is done to get FDA approved. It takes time, but it will certainly be approved. It seems kinda silly that they have to "prove" that hydrocodone works in clinical trials, but that's the process.

The better news, I think, is that hydrocodone/APAP will now be limited to 300mg APAP for all strengths... so no more 7.5/750 BS.

I was under the impression that the new limit was set to 325mg? It kinda makes sense since it is the same amount of tylenol as in one of my percocet. Regardless of the amount of oxycodone, they always give me 5/325mg, 7.5/325mg, or 10/325mg.

Thank my lucky stars that I've never been so unfortunate to ever see one of those rumored 10/650mg *shudders*

It's weird. I can handle a compounded opioid with 325mg APAP no problem. When using the 10/325mg I rarely find myself taking more than 10-12. The days of me slamming down whatever prescription you throw at me are over. I rarely abuse the *codones because I'm already not prescribed enough pain medication as a chronic pain patient, so I need them to work for me when I need them.

I am sick and[/B] tired[/B] of being sick and tired all the time, I wish they'd just put me on a real ER medication.... -_____-