• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex Health Issues

Alex1078

Greenlighter
Can subutex damage your thyroid and or adrenal gland and if so how?

Background story:
Was on methadone for over a year for oxy abuse. Decided to get clean and switched over suboxone. Had horrible headaches the first week on suboxone. The doctor said some people have bad reaction to naloxone. I switched over to subutex. Was fine, lowering my dosage 2mg every 2 weeks. When I got to 4 mg we switched to 1 mg per month. When I got to 3 mg of subutex I had some real bad health issues. I lost 1.5lbs to 2 lbs a day. Currently, I lost a total of 20 lbs. I have stabalized my weight by really pigging out. Also, at the time i was not exercising.

I read some where on the web where subutex can damage the thyroid and adrenal gland. It's supposed to lower your metabolism and make you tired. (Thats what i read). Could my body be having some kind of rebound effect? In addition, my blood pressure was really high (150/100) for a couple days at the begining 3mg of subutex a day.

I am taking 300 mg of lyrica and 1mg of kolonpin (i have legit scripts) I have bad case of Fibromyalgia.

Any thoughts on the rapid weight loss or high pressure when I reached 3mg of subutex would be appreciated.

Last edited: