• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Just tried xanax first time..what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antagonistix

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Ok so here's the short of it. Im a major insomnia like others here as it seems.

Anyway I was taking zopiclone for sleep, been on them for a year since I was given them in hospital after a major op.

Now for some background, I regularly abuse opoids, mainly nurofen plus for the codiene at the moment, a packet at a time, sometimes givemss me a nice buzz sometimes does jack. Butbthats what gave me a burst intestine and hence hospital visit last year.

Well over the year I've needed more and more zopiclone to sleep, currntly take between 6 to 10 x 7.5mg Z's to sleep and even then wake up in the middle of the night and need to take another couple, wait an hour and get back to sleep. But at least with Z's I don't feel like crap in the morning.

Anyway I thought I was taking too many z's so i needed to switch to something else. Tried to get temazepam cos I remember mild but nice euphozria last time I too those but couldn't get any.lo

People said get xanax its much better that temaz. Sso I got xanax.

Tried them for the first time last night.
Now due to the scaremongering on this website about mixing cns depressants and ld50 and other technobabble I haven't a clue about, I thought id be careful.
Zz
So i took 1 x 1mg xanax, waited half an hour and nothing happened.
Couldn't face the thguht of not sleeping so i took 2 x 7.5mg zopi. That usually takes an hour to work unless you eat right after.

Took 2nd xanax 1 hour later, felt some mild something, not euphoria, but something. Nothing major.

ZAte evening meal.

Then within half an hour was knocked out.

But

Again woke at 2 am and had to take 2 zopiclone to get back to sleep.

So am I benzo resistant or do i need to do a higher dose or what?

Where's the euphoria everyone talking about?

As far as i can see temazapam is miles better even though it takes up to 2 hours to kick in

How do i get euphoria off xanax. Do a higher dose?

Any help appreciated.
Oh yes and i had also taken some tramadol and an ssri just earlier also.prescribed since I just had surgery again1 months ago.

Im trying to use benzos to get off those damned nurofen plus tablets cos they'll kill my guts.

Plus this morning I feel dopey.y

2mg xanax and a beer or 2 does the trick for me. the only time i mix downers though is taking a small dose benzo with a couple beers. the beer helps add a touch of loopyness/giddyness, not so much euphoria.

Last edited:
2mg xanax and a beer or 2 does the trick for me. the only time i mix downers though is taking a small dose benzo with a couple beers. the beer helps add a touch of loopyness/giddyness, not so much euphoria.

What do you think a higher dose will do. I mean I did get knocked out last night but i was on zopis as well. 3x7.5mg. So i assumed its the mix that knocked me out.

So why are there so many people here saying they got euphoria?

I think I'll get back o searching temazapam, perhaps try a higher dose xanax first see what happens.

What do you think a higher dose will do. I mean I did get knocked out last night but i was on zopis as well. 3x7.5mg. So i assumed its the mix that knocked me out.

So why are there so many people here saying they got euphoria?

I think I'll get back o searching temazapam, perhaps try a higher dose xanax first see what happens.
a higher dose will most likely just knock you out IMO

Im trying to use benzos to get off those damned nurofen plus tablets cos they'll kill my guts.

When you say you're taking a pack of Nurofen Plus at a time, I guess you mean just swallowing all the tablets whole, right? That would explain the intestinal issues.

Do you know about the Cold Water Extraction (CWE) technique?

Nurofen Plus are ibuprofen and codeine together, aren't they?

Learning to remove the ibuprofen from the Nurofen Plus and sticking with the codeine, or tapering down with the codeine from that, would most likely be better than introducing benzos like Xanax or temazepam into your life. Some people get euphoria from Xanax, but not everyone. I don't. I find it boring, and like you it makes me feel dopey the next day.

Hey OP, you may want to ask your doctor about a medication called trazodone. I take it for sleep and it works really well. I used to be a total insomniac, until this was introduced. It's an antidepressant, but it's an SARI (serotonin antagonist reuptake inhibitor) so it's not like anything you're currently taking. It doesn't cause major dependency or anything but just make sure you have enough, cause if you run short it takes about 4 days to get to sleep. Other than that there are no other major side effects. Also it leaves you with a well rested relaxing feeling in the morning and takes away anxiety as well.
It sounds like you're chasing your tail with the zopiclones, and like our friend said the benzos will be the same thing only worse in time. Seriously consider this, especially since your doctor is more likely to prescribe it than the others. Anyway man, if you choose trazodone send me a PM! Good luck and let us know how it went!
If you could, send me a PM after your next doc appointment if you choose trazodone and let me know how it goes

please explain it to me...

Do you know about the Cold Water Extraction (CWE) technique? Nurofen Plus are ibuprofen and codeine together said:
Hello,

Can you please explain this cold water technique to me my dear fellow?

It is indeed the ibuprofen that have caused me to almost die from peritonitis...
I would greatly appreciate knowing how to remove that component of the drug!!

At the moment im taking a smaller dose of N+ than usual and taking it with grapefruit juice, and 10mg Diazepam.

I have omeperazole from the doc to prevent stomach ulcers but it doesn't protect lower down so this is still risky...

Any help/guidance on CWE much appreciated..

Hey OP, you may want to ask your doctor about a medication called trazodone. I take it for sleep and it works really well. I used to be a total insomniac, until this was introduced. It's an antidepressant, but it's an SARI (serotonin antagonist reuptake inhibitor) so it's not like anything you're currently taking. It doesn't cause major dependency or anything but just make sure you have enough, cause if you run short it takes about 4 days to get to sleep. Other than that there are no other major side effects. Also it leaves you with a well rested relaxing feeling in the morning and takes away anxiety as well.
It sounds like you're chasing your tail with the zopiclones, and like our friend said the benzos will be the same thing only worse in time. Seriously consider this, especially since your doctor is more likely to prescribe it than the others. Anyway man, if you choose trazodone send me a PM! Good luck and let us know how it went!
If you could, send me a PM after your next doc appointment if you choose trazodone and let me know how it goes

Cheers buddy, I'll ask doc about trazodone, im actually on an antidepressant called Mirtazapine right now and in the beggining it used to put me to sleep, but it doesn't even make me drowzy anymore. I think part of my problem is I've built up resistance to so many different drugs.
So how is SARI different from SSRI's? Sorry, a bit of a newbie with alot of this!!

I know one thing tho, and that is the mirtazapine is excellent for anyone who wants to cold turkey off codiene, well for me it works as i don't get any major nausea cold sweats etc.. , only mildly when i do try cold turkey.
My problem is a couple weeks later I start to get bored/depressed and relapse!
So many times I've done this over the last couple years. That's why im trying benzos but it sounds like its a mistake.

This might sound harsh, BUT you are taking an insane amount of tablets by self medicating. (taking 6-10 zopiclone to sleep is crazy)
Please go to your doctor and tell him everything, he is the only person who will know what is best for you.
Sleeping tablets are for sleeping, not euphoria.
Please see your doc as a matter of urgency.

Hello,

Can you please explain this cold water technique to me my dear fellow?

It is indeed the ibuprofen that have caused me to almost die from peritonitis...
I would greatly appreciate knowing how to remove that component of the drug!!

At the moment im taking a smaller dose of N+ than usual and taking it with grapefruit juice, and 10mg Diazepam.

I have omeperazole from the doc to prevent stomach ulcers but it doesn't protect lower down so this is still risky...

Any help/guidance on CWE much appreciated..

here is the thread for CWE http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/272847-COLD-WATER-EXTRACTION-made-simple(r)

This is horrible advice. Never mix a Benzo or an Opiate with Alcohol.

Also, why was this second thread about CWE merged with this one? Makes no sense...One has nothing to do with the other.

idk about euphoria but when i took about 4x.5s once upon a time i felt pretty wicked could barely walk but i didnt care still did any way

This is horrible advice. Never mix a Benzo or an Opiate with Alcohol.

If one has the self control to stop with one beer (which as a given most people don't) it will augment the effect of a benzo, but grapefruit juice alone does it much better and safer. It will reduce the enzyme needed to metabolize the med, making the effect stronger and longer, which is fine for sleeping and at therapeutic doses, but could be devastating trying to do most anything else. Benzos and opiates, again in therapeutic ranges, are often ordered for use together, each reducing the amount of the other needed to reduce pain and anxiety. In and of themselves the risk is not so great. Benzos alone are very difficult to die from by an overdose, but roll over with your face down in a pillow, or decide to go play in traffic, and all bets are off. I think horrible would be relative to other factors than the meds themselves. Ibuprofen on the other hand, can ruin your kidneys nearly as fast as tylenol can your liver. High doses of any compound drugs are truly a bad idea.

well z-drugs are cross tolerant with benzos. i took zolpidem for a while and found it interesting as a recreational drug. 2x10mg did the trick for me before i developed my current tolerance.
and alprazolam is one of the few benzos (next to flunitrazepam) that sometimes, if i haven't taken it for a while gives me slight euphoria and nice anxiolysis. to stop a panic attack i need at least 3mg if i haven't taken any benzos for a month or two. if you do that much zopiclone, you'll develop a tolerance to benzos as well. also alprazolam is much more effective as an anxiolytic than as an hypnotic. maybe try a long acting benzo like diazepam, it's good as both an anxiolytic and an hypnotic.
zopiclone i only took a few times and found it to be unpleasant as a recreational drug, but useful for sleep. temazepam was seriously disappointing. i got it prescribed for a while together with alprazolam, and the first time i took it i hadn't taken benzos in two years, i took 80mgs and expected it to be similar to flunitrazepam because it is just as notorious in some countries. no euphoria, just a desire to go to bed and sleep it off. for the rest of the time i got it prescribed it always took it in conjunction with alprazolam and found the combination very enjoyable. benzos in general are not very euphoric, although if i take alprazolam sublingually during a panic attack the relief it brings is indescribable.

Drugs affect everyone differently buddy. Just because one person gets euphoria doesn't mean you will.

I get almost no euphoria from benzos. what I do get is black out and thinking i'm not fucked up when in reality I cant speak without slurring my words or walk without stumbling.

No euphoria, black outs, fucked up speech/movement, all while thinking i'm sober? Not a very fun drug IMO.

Benzos on their own do not produce a remarkable sense of euphoria, at least compared to drugs like morphine, methamphetamine, or cocaine. Particular benzos seem to cause euphoria in some individuals, but this varies greatly per person. The 'euphoria' from benzos is generally a subtle kind of euphoria which isn't necessarily immediately noticeable subjectively - similar to being drunk, talkative, confident in everything, and having a great time, but not realizing you're shitfaced. The 'euphoria' seems to stem mostly from the reduction of anxiety, doubt, self-consciousness, and inhibitions. Alternatively, people that enjoy sedative drugs may experience the 'stoned' feeling and muscle relaxation of some of the stronger, more sedative benzos as a kind of euphoria.

From personal experience, I felt very mild euphoria when I first experimented with benzos, but that quickly dissipated - it was like the first few times of being drunk. However, benzos become highly euphoric when they are used to provide relief against anxiety or panic. The feeling of not being afraid and being able to leave the house like a normal person is tremendously empowering.

Finally, Xanax is not a particularly strong hypnotic. At higher doses or mixed with alcohol it may become quite sedating, but since most benzos are somewhat selective in their effects, you can take lower equivalent doses of another drug with better results. Personally I find alprazolam to be the most powerful anxiolytic I've tried, and to have strong amnesic properties, but completely lackluster in the other departments (anticonvulsant, muscle relaxant, and sedative-hypnotic action).

Status
Not open for further replies.