• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

s'pretty much a twitter ryan giggs situation at this point tho, no?

cats out of the bag. no real names were mentioned, just your own username and the info you posted

I'm not posting this to take sides or cause a rumpus, just looking and fleshing out the potentials

What about the future? are mods supposed to delete any future reference to *** having a *fig salary last year, if that's what a poster chooses to write?

seems like an impossible and on the whole not a credible approach or cat in hell's chance of moderating it

and that's coming from a privacy queen like myself

The editing half-way through (ooh, freak out the mods, plebs can see what you're doing too) was almost as funny as the thread.

And that's an awful lot of work you've just brought on yourselves if we can all demand deletion of stupid things we've said because we haven't thought before we've posted a la MSB.

Spade has 35000 posts for a start.

:) :sus:

It's not exactly difficult. Just mod them in the way I would be if I decided to post their pictures or addresses or places of work up? If you can't see you're crossing the line posting personal information about me SHM, then you're even more of a dick than I had you down as.

It's not exactly difficult. Just mod them in the way I would be if I decided to post their pictures or addresses or places of work up? If you can't see you're crossing the line posting personal information about me SHM, then you're even more of a dick than I had you down as.

I'm a dick
You're a cunt
You smell
And I don't

p-lease

It's not exactly difficult. Just mod them in the way I would be if I decided to post their pictures or addresses or places of work up?
totally diff situation

those details weren't posted by them on this website, or via their real names. you have to go looking for that ... nay, stalk really, then compute, then detect, then process then post results

this case here is rumour, in a sense, and not fact. it's words. there's no 'evidence' so to speak. it's not a picture or an address or a bank account. it's in relation to a fictional name on a website, and the details were posted by that moniker, freely.

you chose to post them, then regretted it.

again, i'm genuinely not trying to be a dick, i've kept out of it until it became something i'm interested in .. the fundamentals of structures/info/mechanisms whatever.

2 months from now, if someone writes about it or refs it in the way i just exampled above, should it be removed then too? that makes BL responsible for rectifying every one of your changes of mind in a way, and every change of mind any other poster decides to have and regret

I'm interested to see how this pans out, given it's about a moniker, and freely given info from that moniker (no real names are attached to it ... it's fundamentally different to lots of normal debates of this nature)

[edits] to make sensicles

[edit x 2]
I do empathise with your situ, Bluntsie. I've posted info here myself and edited it for a similar nature. I've also asked for that info to be removed when it was quoted by a poster. But really, it's up to that poster, and if they choose not to, then that was their choice, whether I liked it or not.

MSB is a nick on a forum and doesn't relate to your real name as far as I'm aware. and the information was heresay on your part, not something hard like a DL number, or NI number. It's something you could really just say, 'oh, I was bullshitting, or lying' or whatever to retract it if you wanted. it's not a photo with copywrite or needing permission etc either

Monsta: I'd think carefully about setting a precedent here ... think about the implications of what you're editing.

Last edited:
Please just take that down 33hz. It's really not cool man. I know you think you're having fun but i've given enough of myself away on here that that info combined with everything else could be potentially damaging to me in real life. If you really want to know you can PM me.

OK, dude. I'll take it down if you find it that distressing. Wasn't trying to be "cool". Was just generally interested to know how you feel about it.

-

That's reason enough isn't it marma? Do we really all have to be trainee CID? Can't we show a bit of consideration?

Merely a suggestion.
I'm with you. totally. if I'd posted the info and was asked to edit, i would edit my post. that's not what i was saying

[edit]
and my post is worded poorly in every sentence actually. just musing about it while cooking n stuff. hope it doesn't cause huge confusion

At the end of the day, MSB, a photograph is extremely intimate and revealing, whereas disclosure of your wage bracket is not.

I know you and I have clashed in the past, but if I believed the rules were being broken I'd intervene on your behalf in a heartbeat. As it is, I concur with senior staff - it's not enough to endanger your privacy in the slightest.

To be honest I'm sure we've all posted something we wish we hadn't at some stage. Like I usually delete any pictures I put up after a while. Surely if MSB doesn't want it up for whatever reason you could just take it down and end all this arguing.

I don't get what the point in all the continuing snipes between people on here are all about. If people have different political and religious views then you are bound to disagree with them, but what constantly happens on bluelight is a debate has to turn to petty shite, which is where this is heading.

You might not be trying to be a dick, but you're succeeding. If you post a picture up and take it down in a time frame, does that mean I can freely post it up and down the forum at will? It's not a difficult precident to keep track of - if they say it warn them, if they say it again ban them. You act like it's difficult to police, but it's really not. You don't see people's pictures being posted without their permission regularly do you? It's my personal information that combined with other things I have said about me could make it readily apparent who I am in real life to a great many people. I said it and took it down within 5 fucking minutes. Yes, it was a lapse in judgement. But I really don't want BL to affect me in real life, and I would have thought that helping people protect their identities on here (if that's what they want) would be a priority among mods.

Please just take that down 33hz. It's really not cool man. I know you think you're having fun but i've given enough of myself away on here that that info combined with everything else could be potentially damaging to me in real life. If you really want to know you can PM me.
eh, was the first part to me? if so, i'm really really not being dickish .. I'm just interested in the fundamentals as always.

i haven't quoted your post, nor will I in the future. that's not what I'm interested in, and I empathise with your situation

He's already taken his posts down, rockstar.

Many people have posted something and regretted it (myself included), but they've been prepared to face the consequences. In most cases, anyhow.

MSB's only complaint is that vague hints as to the size of his salary may reveal his identity, a complaint which we don't think is credible. Therefore, what's the problem?

Last edited:
we need some legal experts to clarify this [edit] not really, but yeah .. kinda just because it's interesting to be able to separate what's classed as real info or what's entitled to be protected etc[/edit]. Hard info like photos and ID stuff is separate from the 'moral' info and its implications imo. I'm more than willing to comply with both lots

but a photo is not the same as something I decide to 'tell' someone something about my personal life etc ... there's two separate sides to this really

a photo is a document with copywrite. official data is different to someone posting 'unsubstantiated' info of their own

Last edited:
It's my personal information that combined with other things I have said about me could make it readily apparent who I am in real life to a great many people.

I imagine you're quite identifiable already. There can't be that many Bluelighters with your combination of opinions and allegiances. That combined with your verbosity makes you stand out like a sore thumb. Just sayin'.

A great many people? A great great many? Are you a Tory MP?

The whole point of the internet is that once its out there, its out there. On permanent record.You lose control over it. Thats why you need to be careful. You can't rely on the kindness of others to protect your identity. Only you can do that.