• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

Of course I've done little research. I don't have to do much research to know that supernatural claims aren't real.

*coughs more loudly*

edub370-albums-pointless-stuff-picture42818-derail2.jpg

This stuff ain't really relevant.

Can you find any source which states that Jesus didn't? Or even an outright condemnation of slavery from Jesus? You can't.

Mohammed keeping slaves was culturally equivalent to somebody owning a Mondeo in this day and age. We may (rightly) find that repugnant now but slavery was just as commonplace in Christendom as it was in the Arabian peninsula. In fact, Islam imposed far more restrictions than were in place in Christian countries, where the majority of clerics supported the practice for centuries to come.

It doesn't need to say he didn't, because it doesn't say he did either. The bible doesn't take a stand one way or the other on many if any social issues, which it leaves humans to deal with - and I think here in the West we have gradually been moving toward's the right choices on most things for a long time. The bible allows this because it doesn't come down one way or the other. The Quran has frozen the Middle East in 7th century Arabia ever since. They might live in shiny buildings but their behaviour since Mohammed hasn't changed much if at all. Their women are still living in tents and aren't allowed to go out alone (As mohammed said), gays are still killed (as mohammed said) etc. etc. Like I said my point has borne itself out in the real world. Islamically dominated countries have been fine and dandy with slavery, with few calls to ban it from within, whilst Christian countries have fought for centuries to fully eradicate it. You can't contend this point. Mohammed had the power to say that keeping slaves was wrong, instead of permenantly endorsing it by carring out that cultural practice.

Above all let's not forget Grace Jones, she's a Slave To The Rhythm, the poor dear. And at her age too.

Loads in the bible about slaves, by the way, bondsmen and bondsmaids. My favourite Bondsmaid was probably Famke Janssen in Goldeneye.

Is it not just that they still do what their religious book tells them to do whereas christians etc don't really? Christians like to ignore massive parts of the bible while totally believing others. Going by what you've said at least Muslims believe it all equally. I can respect that more tbh.

But, as you've pointed out, I haven't done a lot of research (because it's obviously bullshit) so I might be wrong there. I'm pretty sure I'm not though.

You're taking 'slaves' on a very literal level. It's not all dudes in loincloths hefting bits of pyramid. What about the hundreds of thousands of women who are unwilling participants in the sex trade? Aren't they slaves, living in fear of violence towards them or their families? What about matey with his campbed in the corner of a growhouse, coerced into living there by gangsters? What about dem cockle pickers? What about someone on an aeroplane this very minute with a gut full of latex and class A drugs? There are slaves everywhere. Yes, some of the people in roles I've described are probably paid, but a lot of them aren't. It's an international problem.

I am obviously fully aware of the sexual slavery that many women are forced into. The government is doing no where near enough to clear this issue up, and when it does 'try' the men involved get very little if any time. As for the campbed growers... to be honest I don't really believe them. I know how these things work. They come over as immigrants, they get offered to start grow ops that they get paid to do, they do it, and when the shit hits the fan they say they were forced to do it. Even though the house was pretty easy to leave the whole time they were there doing it.

Is it not just that they still do what their religious book tells them to do whereas christians etc don't really? Christians like to ignore massive parts of the bible while totally believing others. Going by what you've said at least Muslims believe it all equally. I can respect that more tbh.

But, as you've pointed out, I haven't done a lot of research (because it's obviously bullshit) so I might be wrong there. I'm pretty sure I'm not though.

No that isn't the case at all. The bible does not come down on one side or the other on the issue of slavery, and it certainly isn't condoned by Jesus taking part in slave ownership.

The Quran has frozen the Middle East in 7th century Arabia ever since. They might live in shiny buildings but their behaviour since Mohammed hasn't changed much if at all. Their women are still living in tents and aren't allowed to go out alone (As mohammed said), gays are still killed (as mohammed said) etc. etc.

You're still making the massive assumption that the two examples of 'backwardness' you give (homophobia and oppression of women) originate from Islam and not from the culture in which Islam blossomed.

Should we regard the killing of gay men and women in Jamaica (for example), which is a very Christian country, as the fault of Christianity? Of course not. Even though the perpetrators of such crimes usually justify their actions by appealing to Christian moral values.

Of course, none of this goes towards explaining why you consider direct contravention of the Qu'ran's own regulations on slavery as being inherently 'Islamic'.

You're still making the massive assumption that the two examples of 'backwardness' you give (homophobia and oppression of women) originate from Islam and not from the culture in which Islam blossomed.

Should we regard the killing of gay men and women in Jamaica (for example), which is a very Christian country, as the fault of Christianity? Of course not. Even though the perpetrators of such crimes usually justify their actions by appealing to Christian moral values.

And none of this goes towards explaining why you consider direct contravention of the Qu'ran's own regulations on slavery as being inherently 'Islamic'.

The killing of homosexuals by citizens is different to state sanctioned regular killing of homosexuals, as happens in most states attempting to live by Sharia. Muslims can't move on from the culture in which their religion blossomed because Mohammed froze it in time by making those customs and that behaviour into religious law.

Here are some more straws for you to grasp at:
straws.jpg

Try not to get finger prints all over your monitor ;)

Above all let's not forget Grace Jones, she's a Slave To The Rhythm, the poor dear. And at her age too.

I would let her be a slave to my Rhythm she still looks fit n i bet she's amazin in Bed

Here are some more straws for you to grasp at:

You've never read one of your own posts, have you?

I'm still waiting for an explanation of how something that specifically contradicts Islamic law can be considered 'Islamic'. When you have an answer, feel free to furnish us with it.

Yawn.

Taking your ball back, Bluntsie? Is that what your tantrum's about?

I think that in resorting to personal insults (as usual) you've made my point better than I ever could.

Cheers.

she is probably good with a lightsaber as well, looks like darth sidious with a tan.

horrible punishment but must have been a bit on the stupid side, risk vs reward should always be factored in when dealing drugs and your life is never going to be worth the profit on 20g of ganja. poor sod.

Lets just settle it with a poll

"Would you have Sex with Grace Jones ?"

After all that's what this thread is about isn't it ?